MW Michel Pereira is the legendary S level athlete

i really appreciate when guys take risks to be entertaining. anthony pettis, for example, with his “showtime kick,” created a moment of mma history worth watching on repeat. it might be smarter to fight safe, by the book, etc., but those fights are a dime a dozen, and largely forgotten. so nothing but respect for michel “spinning shit” pereira.

i really appreciate when guys take risks to be entertaining. anthony pettis, for example, with his “showtime kick,” created a moment of mma history worth watching on repeat. it might be smarter to fight safe, by the book, etc., but those fights are a dime a dozen, and largely forgotten. so nothing but respect for michel “spinning shit” pereira.
I think Michel also fired off a Showtime kick against Diego Sanchez iirc. I for one, appreciate his unconventional style. I still regret we didn’t get the Wonderboy fight. That would have been such a cool pairing of styles.

Michel vs Mentally-Stable Diego Sanchez rematch needs to happen so he can avenge that loss. YES YES YES?

you aren't impressed with a guy doing backflip attacks at the highest level of mixed martial arts?

ok what fighters skillset DOES impress you?
Primarily skills that pertain to fighting

S level? So he’s only good at Sea Level?

Btw I am a huge fan. Man is entertaining and not a boring point only fighter like most guys

Primarily skills that pertain to fighting
Not disagreeing with what you are saying. But those high risk moves and getting away with it over and over show he has a huge advantage in skills over hai opponents. If not someone would have countered his acrobatics with a fight alerting counter by now

Last edited:
I didn't have much faith in him, but his results speak for themselves. Any streak in the UFC is nothing to sneeze at. A 7 fight streak is remarkable.

He's clearly matured as a fighter and found a much better home as a MW. The "S-level athlete" stuff... I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet.

If Pereira tries any of that fancy acrobatic shit at 185, he's going to get fucked up. I get trying to excite the crowd, but don't play stupid games in the process.
He has done none of that in his last 5 fights. That’s why he’s not gassing out. It’s about trying to excite the crowd by winning, now. This last fight he got the finish. But the 4 before it were pretty pedestrian, imo.

Instead of the acrobat routine, and possibly losing like he did against Tristan. And I really like the guy, so I’m not putting him down in any way. But his approach, and style of fighting are night and day from his first few UFC fights. But I’m ok with him continuing to win without the acrobatics.

Very intriguing prospect (weird to say for a guy this far in to his UFC career, but it feels like he is just now starting to become a finished product). He's been the bigger man in both of his MW fights and thoroughly dominated 2 very good fighters. He appears to carry power that makes guys not want to continue. I'll watch this guy fight any week. Also going to shamelessly plug an article I wrote previewing his fight with Oleksiejczuk for FanSidedMMA.

I'll watch this guy fight any day and am excited to see him back in there so quickly. Muradov is another interesting test.

Not disagreeing with what you are saying. But those high risk moves and getting away with it over and over show he has a huge advantage in skills over hai opponents. If not someone would have countered his acrobatics with a fight alerting fight counter by now
It’s impressive and entertaining. I’m sure it’s also tough to deal with since you never see that kind of thing as a fighter. But does he become a real contender with his skill set?

I’m sure he’ll get a nice step up in competition now, we’ll find out

I miss that. He was basically a video game character but with only a round of cardio. He should still throw in some flashy technique a few times throughout the fight a la Pettis.
His cardio also suffered due to the massive cut. In a recent interview he talked about how grueling was to make 170, he didnt even had energy to play with his kid, had proper meals, etc.

Damn! That diego fight was over 4 years ago! MIchel is on a 7 fight win streak and his next fight is against Makmud Muradov who is 1-2-1 in his last four fights. What the fuck is that about?
For real -- terrible match making. Michel should be getting someone ranked or at least in the top 20. I reckon they just gave him the first guy they could think of that would be ready for the Brazil card, but it's still a poor excuse.

Yes. He is senior level because ffs he is not 30yo. He got his id from fallon fox.

Looking forward to seeing what he’s got at 185 the more he fights there. Really feels like his proper weight class. Now idea how he made 170 the times he did and still had the energy to try and parkour his way through fights

you aren't impressed with a guy doing backflip attacks at the highest level of mixed martial arts?

ok what fighters skillset DOES impress you?
They don't do anything. You can't even hit the head while the opponent is down and you could argue that jumping on someone like that is considered a stomp. Lots of other fighters could attempt them too but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's not a "fight skill".

Back