My Back Control really needs some work

@D.R.H.

Everyone no sold the BRILLIANT Stan video because it was posted at 4 AM, DHR!

And it said I had dubs so the context wasn’t there!

LongLivFoot

I feel like I'm carrying all my opponent's weight when I have back control, and it's exhausting. I have the seatbelt grip, I do the cheek weld, and two hooks in, but they're always able to slip away, usually by just turning to one side and getting their hip on the floor. Haven't been able to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong

I feel like I'm carrying all my opponent's weight when I have back control, and it's exhausting. I have the seatbelt grip, I do the cheek weld, and two hooks in, but they're always able to slip away, usually by just turning to one side and getting their hip on the floor. Haven't been able to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong
Switch to a body triangle. They will still be able to turn into if you don't control their shoulders with your arms and body position.

If you can't can't get the rear naked then you can switch to a rear triangle or armbar

If 2 hooks stay in then he lies on your leg, you can't kick their hamstring to rehook. So try using your feet to kick him on and off controlling his lower half. If he's on my Right leg, My Left heel hacks down on his thigh/adductor to roll him left, simultaneously my Right leg instep he is on or trying to get on kicks/lifts him to regain control.

If you can switch to a body triangle that may be good or other leg attacks.

Switch to a body triangle. They will still be able to turn into if you don't control their shoulders with your arms and body position.

If you can't can't get the rear naked then you can switch to a rear triangle or armbar

I have short legs and also bad knees and a history of injuries. I may be being paranoid but I have a nagging fear that my knees gonna pop if I get the body triangle and move the wrong way, especially on a larger opponent. I feel like I'm still missing something fundamental when I get both hooks in, like I shouldn't be using so much energy and carrying so much weight

If you loose the hooks... work to belly down but maintain the backpack. Then sit them up in a seated crunch as you squat hunch over them. Marcelo does it. You can attack from the squat various. An easy crucifix is yank them laterally as they balance on their butt. Many people will post. This feeds the arm for crucifix.

Bow and arrow is a good choke, but easier to defend and difficult to transition right into another attack. He just needs to stop the elbow lock from dropping. Then he can work out of it.
RNC you can do Right then immediately go Left then repeat. It works any submission sport, jacket or not.

I have short legs and also bad knees and a history of injuries. I may be being paranoid but I have a nagging fear that my knees gonna pop if I get the body triangle and move the wrong way, especially on a larger opponent. I feel like I'm still missing something fundamental when I get both hooks in, like I shouldn't be using so much energy and carrying so much weight
If your legs are short cross your bottom hook over their waist and your outside hook on their hip. Not as strong as the triangle but it's harder for them to pass the bottom knee. Your also probably to low on their hips legs should be high on the hips.

Also no position is static. If a guy is trying to wiggle free your gonna lose position eventually. Your gonna have to work on your retention.

Back