My bands new single

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im on the fence about actually releasing this song. The mix is super rough and unfortunately we lost the files and there's no way to go back and mess with it from this point. So it's a matter of the recording the song or just being content with how it is. It's been just sitting on the shelf for nearly a year and I haven't really shown it to anyone so I'm just interested in people's opinions on it.
Edit, decided to pull the trigger. Will be coming to major streaming platforms in the next few days

Last edited:

Im on the fence about actually releasing this song. The mix is super rough and unfortunately we lost the files and there's no way to go back and mess with it from this point. So it's a matter of the recording the song or just being content with how it is. It's been just sitting on the shelf for nearly a year and I haven't really shown it to anyone so I'm just interested in people's opinions on it.

Release the cracken, bro! 👏💯🍺

Sounds cool but definitely needs mixing. You can't re-record?

<5>

Sounds cool but definitely needs mixing. You can't re-record?
We could, but we just have a bunch of newer stuff we would rather record next time we get in the studio.

I am having someone master the track, helps a bit of the harsh sounds but it's just not gonna be perfect.

Not like anyone listens anyways lol.

Why not?

I didn't like the acoustic guitar though. Feel like I need to cleanse my ears with Slayer. That's just me though.

Edit, decided to pull the trigger. Will be coming to major streaming platforms in the next few days

Strong The Hollies (The Air That I Breathe) vibe. In a good way.

To be critical, get rid of the "intro" it's lame and frankly, embarrassing... The rest of the song is nice, I like the vocal harmony parts and I'd like to hear some warm bass in there... art often requires a muse, and it's more often than not, a woman. So opining about said woman in such a direct way comes off as cheap imo. Not my style but not terrible...

From a musical standpoint, I'm really enjoying it.

There's promise, but respectfully, the vocals could use some refinement.

To my ear, it sounds like it's in the key of C, so perhaps trying it in the key of G could better complement the vocalist's voice.

If that doesn't work, then the key of F would be my next solution.

Last edited:
From a musical standpoint, I'm really enjoying it.

There's promise, but respectfully, the vocals could use some refinement.

To my ear, it sounds like it's in the key of C, so perhaps trying it in the key of G could better complement the vocalist's voice.

If that doesn't work, then the key of F would be my next solution.
Nice ear. It is in C.

As soon as I was tracking vocals, I regretted playing It in C.. but the bass, guitar, and drums had already been laid down and we were pressed for time (trying to record two songs in one day). Recently when playing it live we've actually been playing it in D which I can sing with more power. So it's definitely something I was aware of and a reason why I almost didn't even release the song.

Doesn't help that the vocals are so loud too. But your input is spot on and appreciated.

Nice ear. It is in C.

As soon as I was tracking vocals, I regretted playing It in C.. but the bass, guitar, and drums had already been laid down and we were pressed for time (trying to record two songs in one day). Recently when playing it live we've actually been playing it in D which I can sing with more power. So it's definitely something I was aware of and a reason why I almost didn't even release the song.

Doesn't help that the vocals are so loud too. But your input is spot on and appreciated.

I understand.

OK, that makes sense, going a whole step higher to the key of D.

I often find myself singing more effectively when moving up a whole step, as the melody tends to resonate better with my voice, especially if tension is a concern.

Good luck with your band and I hope you share more songs!

Back