My big stupid hype trains thread.

He's putting a lot of effort in here lads. I preferred the old method but imagine how much time it takes

Yeah I got rid of the old rankings. Got sick of grinding heavyweights looking for a guy who's just bad rather than outright terrible to put at #16. Was killing my enthusiasm for doing it.

He's putting a lot of effort in here lads. I preferred the old method but imagine how much time it takes

I don't appreciate it any less, I'm just giving honest feedback.

Yeah I got rid of the old rankings. Got sick of grinding heavyweights looking for a guy who's just bad rather than outright terrible to put at #16. Was killing my enthusiasm for doing it.

Fuck the fucking Heavyweights. 185, 205 and HW have VERY LITTLE TALENT to scout and its for sure frustrating.

I don't appreciate it any less, I'm just giving honest feedback.

Fuck the fucking Heavyweights. 185, 205 and HW have VERY LITTLE TALENT to scout and its for sure frustrating.

185 is alright. Definitely agree on the other two.

jacob1.jpg

Jacobe Smith

Country - USA
Weight Class - Welterweight
Promotion - Fury FC
Team - Fortis MMA
Record : 8-0

Former D1 wrestler who seems to find it difficult to find people willing to fight him. Had to fight another mid level dude on the last Fury Card but absolutely flatlined the poor guy in a couple of punches, looking like a prime Tyron Woodley in the process.

Seems like a lock for DWCS this year.

New ARES FC Bantamweight champion Louis Lee-Scott looks like the real deal. Outclassed the very legit Demarte Pena(14-1) and showed high-level striking and cardio. I was thoroughly impressed.

louis_lee_scott.jpg

Ilian_Bouafia.jpg

Ilian Bouafia

Country - France
Weight Class - Middleweight
Promotion - ARES
Team - Not sure
Record : 4-0

This dude is due a step up in competition but there's something special about him I think. He's just such sharp striker with a laser accurate jab and cross, he's got really good feinting and range management too and his opponent basically looked like he was shitting himself every time he had to engage with him.

1000020079.jpg

Yryskeldi Duysheev

Country - Kyrgyzstan
Weight - Bantamweight
Age - 22
Promotion - ONE
Record - 10-0

For sure one of the best Bantamweight prospects in the world. Just ran through Ismail Khan on One Friday Night Fights. Khan being 7-0 pro and 13-1 amateur from the IMMAFs, pretty damn impressive win for Yryskeldi by first round Rear Naked choke. Super athletic guy, great wrestler and aggressive striker.

Sanjar_Zakirov.jpg

Sanzhar Zakirov

Country - Uzbekistan
Weight - Flyweight
Age - 20
Record - 12-0
Promotion - ONE

Sanzhar is pedigree, so young and he comes from a varied combat sports background. Dudes well rounded. He just tore through Ryosuke Honda of DEEP (12-3-1) and became the first man to finish him.

You know who I like? Aaron Jeffry, Canadian dude with a nasty mullet and mustache, fought for Bellator and KO’d Austin vanderford in like a min flat.

He has the look and style to be fairly popular if he’s ever signed by the ufc.

1710442113375.jpeg

About visa and stuff.
Romanov returned to Russia and even with his dad already living in US he had problems with visa for work. Like, to get it you better have contract with promotion and regional promotions doesn’t want to sign a guy with 30 or more fights under his belt.

You know who I like? Aaron Jeffry, Canadian dude with a nasty mullet and mustache, fought for Bellator and KO’d Austin vanderford in like a min flat.

He has the look and style to be fairly popular if he’s ever signed by the ufc.

View attachment 1034602

IIRC, this guy shat the bed on DWCS (boring performance IIRC) but might be wrong - he has definitely let loose since joining Bellator but before that he was dull to watch.

View attachment 1034589

Yryskeldi Duysheev

Country - Kyrgyzstan
Weight - Bantamweight
Age - 22
Promotion - ONE
Record - 10-0

For sure one of the best Bantamweight prospects in the world. Just ran through Ismail Khan on One Friday Night Fights. Khan being 7-0 pro and 13-1 amateur from the IMMAFs, pretty damn impressive win for Yryskeldi by first round Rear Naked choke. Super athletic guy, great wrestler and aggressive striker.

Sanjar_Zakirov.jpg

Sanzhar Zakirov

Country - Uzbekistan
Weight - Flyweight
Age - 20
Record - 12-0
Promotion - ONE

Sanzhar is pedigree, so young and he comes from a varied combat sports background. Dudes well rounded. He just tore through Ryosuke Honda of DEEP (12-3-1) and became the first man to finish him.

Checked out the Zakirov fight, looked good, needs to work on his top control a little bit but very impressive other than that. Will check out the other one later.

Can't rank either of them unless they get out of the mire that is ONE though.

STEW.jpg

Stewart Nicoll

Country - Australia
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - Beatdown Promotions
Team - Not sure
Record : 8-0

Really impressive grappler. Took an undefeated guy and made him look like he wasn't in the same league. Once he gets a hold of you it seems that he'll just lock his hands, take you down over and over while looking for the position that he wants and start doing damage and looking for subs when he gets there.

Checked out the Zakirov fight, looked good, needs to work on his top control a little bit but very impressive other than that. Will check out the other one later.

Can't rank either of them unless they get out of the mire that is ONE though.
Yryskeldi Duysheev isn't signed to ONE, just doing one off bouts, Zakirov is signed tho so you can write off his career since ONE is where careers go to die.

Shamil Erdogan, Roberto Soldić, Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev, Ok Rae-yoon, Adriano Moraes, Seo Hee Ham, even DJ

Luke_Riley.jpg

Luke Riley

Country - England
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - Cage Warriors
Team - Next Gen
Record : 9-0

Luke's had a bit of habit of making fights closer than he should given his talent level, but he handled his step up to a high level regional gatekeeper in John De Jesus really well in winning a very comfortable decision.

Excellent hands, keeps the pressure on well, works to the body, closes the distance to strike and keeps his man moving backwards. Looks just about UFC ready at this stage, though he might stick around and try and get a Cage Warriors title first (although tbh with the current CW 145 division it might be easier fighting entry level UFC fighters)

Back