My Cat Caught a Mongoose

pics of the fight or it never happened!

Mongoose are not damn rats who would run away in fear....mongoose will fight! There are videos of mongoose going against a king cobra on youtube....sorry your cat looks like he could catch a mouse...a big mouse! ok I'll give him that...a mongoose!!???? that cat... sorry bro...probably he found him dead, you probably put poison for the mongoose at night and then the cat picked him up, you went like "hold on hold on kitty katty let me take a pic to tell people you killed him..yeah yeah thats my kitti katti"

I came to type this.

Nice try thread starter, that's like saying my eagle town down a wolf, and you post a picture of your eagle with a chihuahua.

Huh? That's a mongoose bra. No squirrels here.

Squirrel
View attachment 850589

Very similar looking to be honest, I was going ask where in India or Africa you live but apparently there is mongoose in Hawaii, that came originally from India.
More importantly there’s no squirrels here. The tail is pretty clearly different looking to me. Mongoose are less fluffy looking all over than squirrels.

We have mongoose all over the place here, see them daily. We have really nice axis deer that came from India too.

To be safe, you should take your cat to the vet and get a check up for rabies, or whatever disease that mongoose may have.

Still a little sad seeing that pic, wish I hadn't. Seeing the poor guy like that.

Nice kill for the cat though. Love cats with all my heart.

Mongoose is an invasive species that has decimated the native bird population. I believe it was introduced for the pineapple or sugar cane industry. They suck although it still makes me feel bad too, just not that bad.

Well damn I guess that is a mongoose.

Post the video man. It's nature. Put a spoiler on it.

Expected thread to don't deliver, instead thread delivered
<mma4>

Mongoose are not damn rats who would run away in fear....mongoose will fight! There are videos of mongoose going against a king cobra on youtube....sorry your cat looks like he could catch a mouse...a big mouse! ok I'll give him that...a mongoose!!???? that cat... sorry bro...probably he found him dead, you probably put poison for the mongoose at night and then the cat picked him up, you went like "hold on hold on kitty katty let me take a pic to tell people you killed him..yeah yeah thats my kitti katti"

Actually nope. The cat was inside all snuggly actually. I was scratching him and he was purring away. I just let him out and within about 10 seconds I hear a bunch of commotion in the fountain grass (grows wild here). The mongoose was squealing and was putting up a stiff fight.

Then I grabbed my phone and went out the front door and he had it in his mouth. This is when I took this pic, it's still alive and had been trying to kick the cat with his rear legs but couldn't. Still from this position the cat couldn't kill it. He had to let go of it and grab it again in a better position. When he let go it fought back hard and was squealing again.

The cat got it by the back better but not quite enough, he reached with his back paw and put a little twisting motion and I think that did it and the mongoose's back snapped.

I showed the vid to another Sherbro who could vouch for this if you really don't believe me.

My cat is useless.
I once got up for a Midnight snack, walked in the kitchen and saw that a mouse was eating from my cat's dry food bowl, and my cat was sitting in a chair and looking at it.

The mouse got done eating and walked away. My cat didn't do anything.

A couple days later I caught that mouse in a mouse trap and tossed it to my cat. The fucker had the nerve to eat it.

Got you trained to do the hunting for hin

Man that’s awesome. My dog keeps them away from my chickens but I’ve never seen him catch one.

Yeah I was surprised he was able to handle it to the finish. At one point he wanted to bring it inside alive and I had to run in and close the door real quick. Now that he has got a taste for it he's hunting them all the time, caught him stalking one up the hill yesterday and he disappeared for four hours.

He still comes in for a few hours a night and during the day and sleeps on my bed.

BTW I can understand why you would say this. I tried several google and YouTube searches and have not found another vid of a cat getting a mongoose. Seems kinda rare.

Edit: Oops, I thought they were in the mustelidae family... never mind.

I had a cat that would catch mice but it wouldn't kill them, it would come up to me and drop the mouse near me and let it run away.

I had a cat that would catch mice but it wouldn't kill them, it would come up to me and drop the mouse near me and let it run away.

He eats the mice most of the time. Sometimes leaves the head or tail. Once it looked like he had thrown up some kibble on the deck so I got a couple paper towels to pick it up. When I bent down and got a look at what it was I started to dry heave, it was kibble mixed with mouse. You could see the head and other parts. I had to go back inside and gather myself before I could pick it up.

Post the pic. Can't see how it's against the rules.

Bad ass cat

Okay and I want to point out that the barn owl is also and invasive species. IMG_0159.jpg

This is how it ended, at first I didn't want to believe the cat did it. I had see an owl several times and felt a connection to it so I was really sad it died. I tried ti give it a decent send off though.
IMG_0162.jpg

Super hard to dig a hole here but I did my best.

Back