My coworker is depressing me

I eat at my desk too. I like to keep my personal life separate from my work life. One of my coworkers is a cool dude but I dont want to hang out with him on the weekend. I see him almost everyday as it is.
You know you can talk to him at lunch and don't hang with him on weekends right?
That is what everybody does.

The crazy guy

this dude is always talking to himself, i remember watching him the first week and hearing him say "that motherfucker used to bully me in school, im gonna grab a knife and fucking stab him" all to himself.
iu

I like my personal time too and can be as introverted as the next guy, but this is too far on the other direction.

I wouldn't want my job to feel like a prison with solitary confinement. 8 hours a day for 5 days and not talking to anyone? Yeesh! That seems bad.

I've done it before but that's because everyone played mean girls and began hating me.
Knowing you used to work nights in a haunted house means i always read your work-related posts with a little extra intrigue and attention :D

You know you can talk to him at lunch and don't hang with him on weekends right?
That is what everybody does.

Yeah, that’s what I did when I worked for a corporate America. It was cool having lunch and hanging out with co-workers at lunch but work friends and outside friends are two different things. At times it was kinda strange hanging with them at bars and etc on weekends. But it was cool after work when you met up for happy hour.

A favorite story of mine working in a corporate setting was was when a co-work buddy of mine hooked up with some chick from the office. Dude had a bit of a reputation of being a wolf, so they had a thing going for a month or so but then he hooked up with some other chick from another department and news spread like wildfire.

So, I guess it was a Monday, the first chick went up to his desk and began to make a HUuUuge scene and started to hit him, which she had to get pulled off of him. Needless to say, she got fired. He was a temp though and got the boot as well a couple weeks later.

Kinda miss that setting.

Long ago, on my first day of work at the Hunts Point Fruit Market, the people working there said bad hurtful things to me.

They called me Tasty Cakes and they would beat me and stick pine cones in my ass.

Those were very bad times.

:(

I like my personal time too and can be as introverted as the next guy, but this is too far on the other direction.

I wouldn't want my job to feel like a prison with solitary confinement. 8 hours a day for 5 days and not talking to anyone? Yeesh! That seems bad.

I've done it before but that's because everyone played mean girls and began hating me.
The less they know about me, the less I can get in trouble. Ive worked too many places and done the social thing, all it does is lead to trouble. The more people know about you, the more they can use it against you. Maybe you swear alot...Maybe you like to drink on the weekdays...Maybe you have a really bad living situation...Coworkers dont care about this stuff but will pretend to so they can use it against you. Ive fucked coworkers, fought them...all its taught me is to keep my mouth shut at work. My job doesnt define me, Its just a means to an end so I can go home and do what I really love.

I was just thinking how lucky I am that we don't have any weirdos at work. But now I'm wondering if maybe we do, and it's ME.

tenor.gif

Kind of update.

Its pretty well known that this guy is/was involved with the sport of rugby. He knows a shit ton and he usually explain us things about the sport if we ask him.

He denies having play in his life.

One intern that works close to us just asked him and he told him "nope, I never played".

I did a basic google search with his name + "Rugby" and ended up in a 2014 Youtube video from a local rugby team highlights and guess who is in it?? LOL

Of course I'm not sharing with the others or saying anything to him but LMAO.

Kind of update.

Its pretty well known that this guy is/was involved with the sport of rugby. He knows a shit ton and he usually explain us things about the sport if we ask him.

He denies having play in his life.

One intern that works close to us just asked him and he told him "nope, I never played".

I did a basic google search with his name + "Rugby" and ended up in a 2014 Youtube video from a local rugby team highlights and guess who is in it?? LOL

Of course I'm not sharing with the others or saying anything to him but LMAO.

This guy is a legend

(Not you, the co worker)

Used to have this asshole that would take up the whole bench in the locker room with all this shit he had in his locker. Thing is he got off 3 hours before us. He would stay in uniform in the cafeteria for three hours then go in the locker room and lay all his shit out on the bench 5 minutes before we got off. Damn near everyday.

Came in last month and he was cleaning out his locker with two security guards watching him which means he was fired. I hate to see people lose their job but changing is much easier now.

The less they know about me, the less I can get in trouble. Ive worked too many places and done the social thing, all it does is lead to trouble. The more people know about you, the more they can use it against you. Maybe you swear alot...Maybe you like to drink on the weekdays...Maybe you have a really bad living situation...Coworkers dont care about this stuff but will pretend to so they can use it against you. Ive fucked coworkers, fought them...all its taught me is to keep my mouth shut at work. My job doesnt define me, Its just a means to an end so I can go home and do what I really love.
Really? Might be the company or even the country.. but the culture here is different.
When someone is going through some bad time we all support them. 2 cases comes to my mind from this year.
* A woman that work with us had her teenage daughter with a suicidal episode (don't know if it was an attempt or just suicidal talk). She worked from her house for like a month and nobody complained and we all tried to make everything we could to not need her. Of course everybody was at her disposal for anything she needed.
* Security guy has her daughter with leukemia. The poor little girl was hospitalized and he had to take some time off but had no vacations. Technically he works for another company and we found out his salary was pretty low and he was going to face some serious expenses. While he was on license, we collected money (everybody put some) and gave him the equivalent to a months salary (not that we calculated on raising that amount or anything). Luckly she is better now.

That happened numerous time during my 13 years old career. From people losing their loved ones, health issues, divorces, etc.

Really? Might be the company or even the country.. but the culture here is different.
When someone is going through some bad time we all support them. 2 cases comes to my mind from this year.
* A woman that work with us had her teenage daughter with a suicidal episode (don't know if it was an attempt or just suicidal talk). She worked from her house for like a month and nobody complained and we all tried to make everything we could to not need her. Of course everybody was at her disposal for anything she needed.
* Security guy has her daughter with leukemia. The poor little girl was hospitalized and he had to take some time off but had no vacations. Technically he works for another company and we found out his salary was pretty low and he was going to face some serious expenses. While he was on license, we collected money (everybody put some) and gave him the equivalent to a months salary (not that we calculated on raising that amount or anything). Luckly she is better now.

That happened numerous time during my 13 years old career. From people losing their loved ones, health issues, divorces, etc.

That's a good work place
Where I work now is like that, people bitch and moan about each other but largely everyone gets along - peoople from different departments do happy hour, people eat lunch together etc.

Seems weird that this chill, rugby-playing, valued employee doesn't want to associate with someone who google-searches co-workers and posts about it on a homo-erotic karate forum. It's really quite the mystery!

youre responsible for your emotion, if he is hindering your production discuss it with your superior

He is smart enough not to be dragged into workplace politics and doesn't like being controlled or talked down to.
TS is unaware that there even is workplace politics going on in the workplace, and also that he is condescendingly acting like he is this guy's superior and football buddy when he clearly isn't.

Sorry TS had to put it straight. I had a Latin co-worker just like you who thought he was doing me a favor by trying to get me to act more like him. He took it really personally when I didn't feel like doing that instead of concentrating on my job duties.

Congrats: you have found secret twins masquerading as one person.

By-Jt-DQRCEAANJN3.jpg

Back