My Diaz vs Masvidal prediction

Paramount

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Alright so Nate Diaz is pretty dangerous on the ground, he has a lot better jiu jitsu than Jorge does, I don't think Jorge will want this to go to the ground. I think out of respect, both of them will likely keep it standing.

Masvidal has more power, speed, and had shown to be dangerous with his striking. Nate is more of a volume puncher as we all know, less power/speed.

It really comes down to, can Masvidal keep up with Nate's pace or will he eventually be overwhelmed by his volume/cardio? And on the flip side can Nate's chin handle Jorge's power?

I think Nate has had a long career and he has taken many shots to the head, I'm not too sure if his chin will be able to hold up in this fight. I don't think Masvidal will make the mistake of gassing himself out, I think he will be able to hang in there the entire fight if it does go the distance. I think Jorge will win, via TKO/KO or a decision. He has waited a long time to really make a name for himself, I don't think he will let that slip away from him so easily.

If it does go the distance it will be a very entertaining fight. But ultimately I think Nate loses.

And who are you that we should listen?

Just kidding TS. Good prediction.

source.gif

I think Diaz overwhelms and smothers him like he did Pettis.

Is it bad that I really don't care enough to have a prediction? :-/
I guess it just doesn't matter because they will always be the same and they won't be growing much, if at all.

More than anything I want a fight of the year or decade contender.
I know we're not going to get a Ngannou/Lewis sequel, but I'm hoping for at least three rounds of hell.
That said, I have to go with the 209

This is a win-win for me. I like both of them. I can celebrate either way.

• Nate's cardio is a factor.
  • Jorge is like to throw the kitchen sink at him in the first 2 rounds.

Gonna be a barn burner.

Tito should do the post fight interview

"Well here we are with L-Lesorgay Masvidal, so why you're a awesome striker gettin' awesome strikes there, I wanna tell me what you see in the fight, why don't we tell me what you saw in the ring"

<{Joewithit}>

Tobad there gonna go in therr and fight... If ones tired the other will be and this is gonna end in a finish fosho

Tough to predict a KO of Diaz, dudes chin is made of granite. This is why I think Diaz wins, Mas only route to victory is by KO.

Masvidal wins by KO, then he challenges leon edwards brother fabian to a fight

I still find it funny this is PPV lol..

ridic.

Tough to predict a KO of Diaz, dudes chin is made of granite. This is why I think Diaz wins, Mas only route to victory is by KO.
Masvidal chin is just as good as Nate's. In fact it might be better,seeing as he gets hit way less than Diaz.

Masvidal will gas, but probably not until late in the third. Diaz will rally hard enough to get the win in a controversial split decision.

I expect a wonderful fight. I like both fighters but I lean towards Nate. His cardio is top notch and it is a 5 round fight. If it were 3 then I would take Jorge.

I see a glorified boxing match happening.
I feel Masvidal will take the first two rounds with more significant strikes landed, but Diaz getting rounds 3-5 with more volume striking, outboxing Masvidal to a 48-47 UD.

Umm. Since when is Masvidal a power puncher?

Dude has more split decisions than anyone in the UFC.

Back