My Dream is to become a UFC fighter, I am 26..Is such a thing even possible?

If TS was a black belt in something, I would say go for it. Find a camp and commence hardcore training. But TS is admittedly too afraid to try BJJ class because he feels he'll get a wake up call. You're too mentally weak.

Find another dream.
Im a blackbelt @ mental warfare....I know you people don't believe me but I can out troll Conor IRL.

Patrick Cummings started UFC at an older age and he's doing ... so good .... ....

Patrick Cummings started UFC at an older age and he's doing ... so good .... ....

Maybe if I fight wheelchair people, ill have chance....:p....Thanks man, who knows maybe ill make in the UFC and do a shout out to sherdog:eek:

Short answer: You will never be a UFC fighter. Sorry to break it to you, man. You're too old and not athletic enough to be a professional athlete competing st the highest levels of sports. Stick to your day job.

Just wondering sherbros....This is my dream...But I feel I am way too old but lately I been going thru some sort of depression and this is the only thing that seems to get my interest.

I sometimes daydream about it and avoid reality because my reality right now is really shitty.

I know I am too old and I feel if I actually tried some BJJ/MMA class I will probably get owned and get a reality check(I tried it before like twice years ago, but I thought it was too expensive but I liked it).

Any advice is welcome.....I understand if you guys think I am delusional..I know I am, but it's my dream.

I feel like it will be a huge risk because I know the odds are against me....and it would suck because I would let my mom and dad down if I didn't make it to make enough money to help them.

BTW I decied to post it on the mayberry than Heavyweights or the training forums because I think this is more of life advice.

Congratulations. You are already experiencing a midlife crisis at the tender age of 26.

Short answer: You will never be a UFC fighter. Sorry to break it to you, man. You're too old and not athletic enough to be a professional athlete competing st the highest levels of sports. Stick to your day job.

What if I become the GOAT MMA fighter.....and your comment just made it into my future highlight that some person just made on youtube....making me seem as the underdog?....You're gonna be famous!

Last edited:
What if I become the GOAT MMA fighter.....and your comment just made it into my future highlight than some person just made on youtube....making me seem as the underdog?....You're gonna be famous!
If you can prove me wrong, then great. More power to you. But if you're asking for advice about how to plan your life, then you've got it. PM me if you're be interested in learning about what a fighter's life is really like. I had a bunch of amateur fights, and I've spent a lot of time around pros. Colton Smith and I go back many years, and I trained with Tim Kennedy for a period of about 2 years. There's been plenty of other pros I've trained with over the years too, but none of them are anywhere close to household names.

If you can prove me wrong, then great. More power to you. But if you're asking for advice about how to plan your life, then you've got it. PM me if you're be interested in learning about what a fighter's life is really like. I had a bunch of amateur fights, and I've spent a lot of time around pros. Colton Smith and I go back many years, and I trained with Tim Kennedy for a period of about 2 years. There's been plenty of other pros I've trained with over the years too, but none of them are anywhere close to household names.
I appreciate honesty..I welcome anything that is true...I know that I will most likely fall in my face if I pursue this path so thank you for being honest with me....Truth is all I have.

If you need reassurance from a forum to chase your dreams then you're probably not serious enough about it

If you need reassurance from a forum to chase your dreams then you're probably not serious enough about it
Well TBH....Sherdog has been a huge part of my life.....I been reading this forum for years...I been coming here to escape my life for years.

So this is part of who I am...and yes I know that sounds pathetic, but it's true.

Look, I Know people will say "LMFAO this idiot takes advice from sherdoggers"...I respect you people, you people have shown me a lot of good stuff...I saw The Wire becuase of sherdog, I saw a lot of shit because of sherdog...So you people have a place close in my heart, I respect your people's opinion.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of idiots here...but also a lot of good intelligent people here as well and I can distinguish them easily

Yes you can still learn all the skills and all the necessary lessons from the arts but not from a Jedi!

Just wondering sherbros....This is my dream...But I feel I am way too old but lately I been going thru some sort of depression and this is the only thing that seems to get my interest.

I sometimes daydream about it and avoid reality because my reality right now is really shitty.

I know I am too old and I feel if I actually tried some BJJ/MMA class I will probably get owned and get a reality check(I tried it before like twice years ago, but I thought it was too expensive but I liked it).

Any advice is welcome.....I understand if you guys think I am delusional..I know I am, but it's my dream.

I feel like it will be a huge risk because I know the odds are against me....and it would suck because I would let my mom and dad down if I didn't make it to make enough money to help them.

BTW I decied to post it on the mayberry than Heavyweights or the training forums because I think this is more of life advice.

First you need to stop drinking and driving.

Second, it depends on whether you plan on making it to the UFC as a career goal or just get a few MMA fights under your belt. Making it to the UFC is no longer as "easy" as it used to be. Not that it was ever easy to begin with. A friend of mine had two fights in the UFC and got cut but this guy was a great fighter in his own right with excellent muay thai credentials and a slick ground game. He had been training since he was 15, made it to the UFC ten years later and lost his two fights and got cut. The guy looked at times unbeatable leading to the UFC but once in there he was clearly in a different league. Nowadays especially it is chalk full of elite athletic talent.

So unless you have this elite level athletic talent that is untapped and that you can harness within 5 years to make it to the UFC, I don't see how you will be able to cut it.

What you mean? I never fought as an adult...I fought as a kid, I was alright but maybe I fought cans and I was always scurred of my parents finding out....my head literally hit concrete at like age 3-5 hard...Still remember, didn't get KO'd....Does that mean I have an Iron chin or is my chin gone?..maybe I have brain damage from that? Would explain this thread.

When I shadow box, I tend to do philly shell defense...Floyd mayweather style...I think my hands are fast but IDK, I am no groundhog expert.

yes, as an adult.

Reason I asked is: how have you dealt with getting your shit rocked, adrenaline and technique..

Maybe be those things have no baring on being a UFC fighter, but I'd imagine it'll provide a basis as to how you think you'd cope in a MMA situation

Go for it, do it, you are gonna get owned in everything thats why its called learning, get in there all in

yes, as an adult.

Reason I asked is: how have you dealt with getting your shit rocked, adrenaline and technique..

Maybe be those things have no baring on being a UFC fighter, but I'd imagine it'll provide a basis as to how you think you'd cope in a MMA situation
I use to spar with my bro but he was much bigger than me, not sure if that means anything

If it is a dream of yours, you only have yourself to blame if you do not pursue it.
If you fail, then you fail, but as cliche as it is, you miss 100% of the shots you do not take.

Fuck the haters and go live. Everything else is irrelevant.

Manuwa didn't start training until he was 27. But he was already an athletic specimen from a life of hard core weight lifting.

There's pros and cons but you need to consider if this is what you really want.

Do you have any athletic base? Do you train? Weightlift? Run hills? Anything? If the answer is no, and you're a 20% bodyfat dude with no history of athletics and no athletic base, the answer is no, you can't make it to the UFC. As another poster said, if making it 'to the ufc' is your only goal then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

On the other hand, your body will have less wear and tear and you'll be more intelligent than younger fighters. If you have an athletic base and can dedicate yourself to training full time, then you might be able to go somewhere with it.

Don't let your dreams be dreams....

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!

You get viciously KOd in your first fight and get a concussion that spins you into the biggest depression of your life and your mental health only gets worse.

Back