My Experience at UFC Greenville

Goon Dog

DiMeo Family Enforcer
@Silver
Reaction score
I know it was just a Fight Night, and the card featured few big names, but I always appreciate when guys share their live MMA experiences so I thought I'd share mine.

Great Seats
5798vbV.jpg

Pre-Show
nbNxH7P.jpg

twQqiVo.jpg

• First class production quality. I've taken my boys to see live RAW tapings in that building for years. I know it's just rasslin', but their production is high dollar and top-notch. UFC/ESPN easily matches it.
  • Deron Winn's hands are much better than I expected and Eric Spicely is a tough bastard. Fun fight and it was nice to see Cain, even just in the corner.
  • Molly McCann was an awesome performer. She knew how to work the crowd and, along with a fun nickname, stole the show up until the Zombie entrance. For the rest of the night, anytime fighters got slow in the cage the crowd would chant We Want Meatball! I hope she can put together some wins because her in-cage personality could make her rich ...until Valentina murders her. Also an epic post fight interview. She and Bisping talked at length in my native language and I couldn't understand a fucking word either of them said.
  • The entire row in front of us was wearing brand new bright blue long sleeved dri fit shirts. They had to be expensive as hell with colorful graphics and Team Pretty Boy across the back. I mean the entire row, like 20-25 people. He's from nearby NC so I assume it was an easy trip for them. I assume they had the shirts made for the event because one guy was passing out new shirts in plastic to the ones who didn't wear them in. These were not fighters, but looked like friends and family. They were having a ball, dancing and shouting. Pretty Boy's prefight promo dropped and they went insane. They were jumping up and down, the only people in the arena standing. I don't know how his entrance looked on TV but it was the best of the night up until KZ. The music was good and Pretty Boy was growling and shit. He got into the cage and his fans went even crazier. My son turned to me and remarked how cool it was for him to have that kind of support. He told me he was pulling for Pretty Boy, even though he was going to get killed, lol. The fight started and of course Rozenstruik dropped him with a jab, more of a paw really, and put him to sleep with the first followup. 9 seconds and Pretty Boy was unconscious. It was fucking hysterical. You could hear a pin drop except for giggling from the crowd. Bis did the interview and as soon as Pretty Boy disappeared around the curtain all but 3 of the loyal supporters got up and walked out! 15+ stoic people wearing bright blue shirts filing up the steps together. Funny as hell.
  • Matt Wiman needs to go to ref school or barber college or something. Nice guy, but no business fighting. Pena comes out first and you know how he stands there, head leaning toward the camera, rocking front foot to back foot, rotating his arms? He did this as soon as he got into the cage and didn't stop until the fight started. Back and forth. Matt walks in, Pena still rocking back and forth. Same look. Matt gets to the check in point, no cameras on Pena, Pena rocking front to back, arms back and forth. Matt comes in the cage, announcer speaks ...you get it. Focused as hell. Pena was cool after the fight, btw. Selfies with the crowd, seemed to appreciate the love. Fun as hell to watch fight, too.
  • Dan Ige and Kevin Aguilar was an awesome fight. Naturally, we picked that time to take a piss and grabs some nachos. Saw about half the fight.
  • Sorry so long, so I'll wrap it up. KZ was off the charts awesome. I've never heard The Well (the venue) that loud. The crowd loved him and he was gracious as hell after the fight. Seems like a great guy and I can't imagine not pulling for the guy.
  • Not many negatives. Most of the fights were really good, even some decisions. Hopefully they come back.

Sorry, didn't realize the pics were so big.

Sweet glad you enjoyed yourself it is a totally different experience live. I've been to one event and had a blast. Itching to go again.

Thanks for the insight! Nice to hear some first hand experience, I just may consider going next time they’re in Atlanta.

Thats awesome man. Nothing like seeing a group of friends and family getting their souls crushed, its really sad actually. I saw josh burkmans family 3 times live...lets just say they werent happy.

Been to so many events in vegas...its awesome everytime. Going to 239 in two weeks!!!!

Sorry, didn't realize the pics were so big.

Thanks for the share. Glad you and your son had a great time. Ive only been to e bellator show, but it was really fun. I can only imagine a UFC show.

I expected my cousin to win, but to KO Renato so quickly exceeded my expectations

Cool experience TS, glad you had fun. How do you look without a beard?

Noice!
I had Wrestlemania tickets that were almost that good, but never MMA.

Good description. Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good time.

Fantastic. Always wanted to see The Korean Zombie fight live, for the walk-out alone!

I know it was just a Fight Night, and the card featured few big names, but I always appreciate when guys share their live MMA experiences so I thought I'd share mine.

Great Seats
5798vbV.jpg

Pre-Show
nbNxH7P.jpg

twQqiVo.jpg

• First class production quality. I've taken my boys to see live RAW tapings in that building for years. I know it's just rasslin', but their production is high dollar and top-notch. UFC/ESPN easily matches it.
  • Deron Winn's hands are much better than I expected and Eric Spicely is a tough bastard. Fun fight and it was nice to see Cain, even just in the corner.
  • Molly McCann was an awesome performer. She knew how to work the crowd and, along with a fun nickname, stole the show up until the Zombie entrance. For the rest of the night, anytime fighters got slow in the cage the crowd would chant We Want Meatball! I hope she can put together some wins because her in-cage personality could make her rich ...until Valentina murders her. Also an epic post fight interview. She and Bisping talked at length in my native language and I couldn't understand a fucking word either of them said.
  • The entire row in front of us was wearing brand new bright blue long sleeved dri fit shirts. They had to be expensive as hell with colorful graphics and Team Pretty Boy across the back. I mean the entire row, like 20-25 people. He's from nearby NC so I assume it was an easy trip for them. I assume they had the shirts made for the event because one guy was passing out new shirts in plastic to the ones who didn't wear them in. These were not fighters, but looked like friends and family. They were having a ball, dancing and shouting. Pretty Boy's prefight promo dropped and they went insane. They were jumping up and down, the only people in the arena standing. I don't know how his entrance looked on TV but it was the best of the night up until KZ. The music was good and Pretty Boy was growling and shit. He got into the cage and his fans went even crazier. My son turned to me and remarked how cool it was for him to have that kind of support. He told me he was pulling for Pretty Boy, even though he was going to get killed, lol. The fight started and of course Rozenstruik dropped him with a jab, more of a paw really, and put him to sleep with the first followup. 9 seconds and Pretty Boy was unconscious. It was fucking hysterical. You could hear a pin drop except for giggling from the crowd. Bis did the interview and as soon as Pretty Boy disappeared around the curtain all but 3 of the loyal supporters got up and walked out! 15+ stoic people wearing bright blue shirts filing up the steps together. Funny as hell.
  • Matt Wiman needs to go to ref school or barber college or something. Nice guy, but no business fighting. Pena comes out first and you know how he stands there, head leaning toward the camera, rocking front foot to back foot, rotating his arms? He did this as soon as he got into the cage and didn't stop until the fight started. Back and forth. Matt walks in, Pena still rocking back and forth. Same look. Matt gets to the check in point, no cameras on Pena, Pena rocking front to back, arms back and forth. Matt comes in the cage, announcer speaks ...you get it. Focused as hell. Pena was cool after the fight, btw. Selfies with the crowd, seemed to appreciate the love. Fun as hell to watch fight, too.
  • Dan Ige and Kevin Aguilar was an awesome fight. Naturally, we picked that time to take a piss and grabs some nachos. Saw about half the fight.
  • Sorry so long, so I'll wrap it up. KZ was off the charts awesome. I've never heard The Well (the venue) that loud. The crowd loved him and he was gracious as hell after the fight. Seems like a great guy and I can't imagine not pulling for the guy.
  • Not many negatives. Most of the fights were really good, even some decisions. Hopefully they come back.

Did you see di chirico having a paddy and kicking the cage

Back