My first day at Alliance - ATL

The font is annoying but the size of the font is more annoying.

It's an aesthetic choice. Why would you find someone else's choice of font annoying?

by making your font bigger and more bold than others', it makes you look like you're more important than everyone else.

it doesn't bother me much, i just thought it would be good for you to know that others are aware of it and don't really like it.

The font is annoying but the size of the font is more annoying.

I always thought the larger size was more legible, but flagging font size as a problem is something I can get onboard with. How's this?

by making your font bigger and more bold than others', it makes you look like you're more important than everyone else.

it doesn't bother me much, i just thought it would be good for you to know that others are aware of it and don't really like it.

I appreciate it. I never thought about it that way, but that is reading too much into my choice. Why automatically assume it's an effort to show superiority? Besides, the content of my posts should give people much more insight into my personality than my choice of font.

I understand that people would find it annoying if someone chooses a font/ font size that makes it more difficult to read the post, but I don't think that's the case here.

Nevertheless, an internet forum is a social group, so I suppose one must balance one's individuality with some degree of conformity with accepted norms if one wishes to avoid antagonizing the group for trivial reasons.

102_0116.jpg

OMG, this guy looks exactly like my uncle!!!

I have the worst luck! My flight from Memphis to arrive in Atlanta was going to be a quick one, where I’d rest in preparation for the week ahead. About 15 minutes after lift off the pilot came over the loud speaker: “Um, ladies and gentlemen, the system that maintains cabin pressure has broken and we’re not capable of handling it manually.” Back to Memphis, where I’ll spare you the gory details but after tons of waiting, a man in a Peter Pan hat, a broken part flown in from Atlanta, a plane switch, then a flat tire, I managed to arrive in Atlanta at 2:07 AM. Only a little over five hours late, good job Delta!

I tried my best to sleep a little bit before class. I woke up on Saturday morning, my brain super excited but my body wasn’t quite on board. My great host, Julia, trains at Alliance and we were on our way for noon class.

This is silly. I walked in, saw Jacar

Last edited:
Well, apparently you met my brother. I passed along your note thinking he'd enjoy it (Thought he was still in Germany on business actually) and got the following response:

"Yea I was talking with her before class as she was telling her Delta horror story. She seemed nice. Sounds like she got the typical Alliance treatment. We are in full PAN AM prep mode so Jacare split the class and pretty much told everyone on the PAN side you are not leaving until I am done with you and no breaks between rolls."

Well, apparently you met my brother. I passed along your note thinking he'd enjoy it (Thought he was still in Germany on business actually) and got the following response:

"Yea I was talking with her before class as she was telling her Delta horror story. She seemed nice. Sounds like she got the typical Alliance treatment. We are in full PAN AM prep mode so Jacare split the class and pretty much told everyone on the PAN side you are not leaving until I am done with you and no breaks between rolls."

Hahah so apparently he didn't enjoy it?

Hahah so apparently he didn't enjoy it?

I don't know if he got the PAN AM treatment, but regardless he just got back from Germany (jet lagged I'm sure), has a 1.5 year old daughter -- adorable -- and works a lot. He generally enjoys class whether or not he ends up thrashing someone or getting handled himself. Being a big guy he gets paired up against Humberto, Moriarty, Jonathan, and all those monsters... so you have to keep your head out of the clouds. But apparently he did well on that day. :D

Last edited:
Man thats an awesome story.

That gym has to be one of the best in the country for sure.

I don't know if he got the PAN AM treatment, but regardless he just got back from Germany (jet lagged I'm sure), has a 1.5 year old daughter -- adorable -- and works a lot. He generally enjoys class whether or not he ends up thrashing someone or getting handled himself. Being a big guy he gets paired up against Umberto, Moriarty, Jonathan, and all those monsters... so you have to keep your head out of the clouds. But apparently he did well on that day. :D

If you don't mind me asking.... who is your brother? By your description, I think, I know, but I'm not 100% sure.

When was the last time you trained there?

Cool post. Are you gonna recap your time there after the camp?

On another note, Pedro's jiu jitsu is awesome.

Cool post. Are you gonna recap your time there after the camp?

On another note, Pedro's jiu jitsu is awesome.

Should write one tomorrow morning on Sunday/Monday, and then another recap for tomorrow (Tuesday)...I have a freaking FULL day! 9-10 AM private with Cobrinha (in all logic, I don't have the money for it, but the way he's been teaching me here and there it will be worth it so I'll find a way), 12-2/2:30 Class, teaching a private 5:30-6:30, Beginners Class 6:30-7:30 (Never too good to drill the basics!), and regular class 7:30-10 pm. I just might die.

Back