My Fitness Journey

Ukh19

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So, i need to get myself in order. The last year hasn’t been great and I’m looking to get back to my best through weightlifting and some martial arts.

I’ve dabbled in both in the past but never anything too heavy.

So as a New Year dawns I’m setting myself a target to change my life through fitness.

I have already had one lesson at a new BJJ gym and really enjoyed it. The instructors were cool and I can see myself training there for a while. I also have a gym membership.

So , the plan will be as follows:

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will be attending beginner classes of BJJ in the evenings and on these days in the morning I will be following Phraks Greyskull with a few modifications to fit around how I like to train.

I will likely switch to a 531 MMA style weightlifting routine in a few months when the linear progression runs out but will update as I go.

I’m 37 years old, soon to be 38 and feel like now is the time to try and really make a proper change to my lifestyle and I’m going to try my best to make it work.

My initial goals for the next 3 months are:

Lose weight
Walk 10k steps every day
Drink minimum 3l water every day
Gym and BJJ minimum 1 day each per week

31/12/23

Drink 3L water ✅
Walk minimum 10k steps ✅

I'm 37 now and took up BJJ again 15 months ago and now train 2 or 3 days a week. It was a great way to get back in shape and make some new friends.

I also lost weight and did a comp last September when I probably got in the best shape of my life.

Good luck with the journey, you got this.

I'm 37 now and took up BJJ again 15 months ago and now train 2 or 3 days a week. It was a great way to get back in shape and make some new friends.

I also lost weight and did a comp last September when I probably got in the best shape of my life.

Good luck with the journey, you got this.
Thanks for sharing that and good on you for getting back into it 👍 I did one session just before Xmas and really enjoyed it so I’m looking forward to getting back to it next week and starting 2024 off the right way.

Competition is definitely something I’ll consider down the road and I guess having something like that on the horizon helps to focus the mind.

Happy New Year 🥳

3/1/12

Walk 10k+ Steps✅
Drink 3L water✅

This morning should of been first gym session and this evening first BJJ class of the New Year but I have Covid and feel crap.

Gonna keep doing what I can and stay positive and not let this set back my positive outlook for this year .

Hope you recover soon, it's frustrating to have a little setback so early on, but unfortunately these things happen.

Hope you recover soon, it's frustrating to have a little setback so early on, but unfortunately these things happen.
Thanks, appreciate the message. Exactly, just frustrating when it’s right at the start 🙄 but staying positive, this will pass and be a memory soon enough 👍

4/12/23

Walk 10k+steps✅
Drink 3L water ✅
3x10 body weight squats ✅
3x10 push ups✅

Still feeling the effects of Covid but thought I’d at least get some form of a workout, it’s not much but its something

8/1/23

Walk 10k+ steps
Drink 3L water

Gym:

Bench Press 3X5 40kg

Barbell Row 3X5 40kg

Squat 3X5 50kg

BJJ: 1hr 30 mins

what is your masterbaition schedule?
That can add to your workout

Back