My friend offered me a one way ticket to anywhere in the country.

This one's for you TS.

I shake the dust from this small town
I turn and follow the western wind down
I go and pack up my shiny things
Amd go, yeah just go

I can't offer advice on where to live TS, but I can sympathise (my mom kicked me out of the house without warning a few months after my 18th birthday). All I can say is good luck, you will make it through alright, and thank your lucky stars that you have some friends who can help you out.

Be strong, man.

Honestly? To me you seem like a guy who is still searching. Moving on thus is the best thing that could happen to you.

Lots of opportunities to look forward to.

Yeah. We're likely going to end up dating. She's really cool, and her accomplishments and skill are mindblowing. She's living in Paris for free because of a grant, all expenses paid, and when she gets back she's getting a $40,000 grant for her grad school. Half Japanese/ Half Swiss, super chill all the time and she's been in love with me for about eight years.

Damn, that girl is a keeper.

Honestly? To me you seem like a guy who is still searching. Moving on thus is the best thing that could happen to you.

Lots of opportunities to look forward to.

It's true. I'm miserable here. I have a really hard time identifying with people in this state like I did in other parts of the country.

Damn, that girl is a keeper.
Yeah. She's beautiful but we're so fucking different. I grew up in poor rural NE Oklahoma, she grew up in Hawaii and she's around very wealthy people. Her ex bfs dad apparently has a small island with a sunken in jacuzzi outdoors with suspended beds and all sorts of fancy shit I didn't know people actually had. I cook mostly Italian and Mexican at home with massive amounts of pork, she eats healthy shit and doesn't eat meat. She likes fancy art and knows fancy famous artists who I just fail to understand, I like bars with skee-ball that also sell 40s. We're so different, but she says the most romantic shit, and it blows my mind. She's fancy feast.

Please come to Germany, we need good pizza here.
That wouldn't be so bad actually. I've always considered working on a cruise line for six months as a way to save up money and use it as a trip to Europe with six months pay saved.

Go to New Orleans because New Orleans is fucking awesome.

You have no fucking idea how bad I want to live in Nola. I really want to go take week long cooking courses in creole cuisine. My first job was at an upscale creole place. Blackened catfish was the first thing I ever cooked on a flat top and gator was the first thing I ever fried. I don't think any other city looks at food the way New Orleans does.

You have no fucking idea how bad I want to live in Nola. I really want to go take week long cooking courses in creole cuisine. My first job was at an upscale creole place. Blackened catfish was the first thing I ever cooked on a flat top and gator was the first thing I ever fried. I don't think any other city looks at food the way New Orleans does.

Do it. Go there. Along with the food, it's mostly friendly people, a great party atmosphere, hot girls...WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

If that fails, Austin is pretty fun for a little bit and a cheap bus ride away

Do it. Go there. Along with the food, it's mostly friendly people, a great party atmosphere, hot girls...WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

If that fails, Austin is pretty fun for a little bit and a cheap bus ride away

Speaking of hot girls and great party atmosphere...

So I have this theory I developed, if you want to get the average hotness/sluttiness of girls in a city go to casual encounters section and add up the numbers for the women posted in the pics and use that to compare cities.

My logic is, that if a city has hot girls scraping the bottom of the barrel, you can assume that the normal girls are straight dimes.

I've put way too much thought into this though.

Speaking of hot girls and great party atmosphere...

So I have this theory I developed, if you want to get the average hotness/sluttiness of girls in a city go to casual encounters section and add up the numbers for the women posted in the pics and use that to compare cities.

My logic is, that if a city has hot girls scraping the bottom of the barrel, you can assume that the normal girls are straight dimes.

I've put way too much thought into this though.

Hahaha you've definitely put way too much thought into this.

My theory is that there are hot girls just about everywhere, and they will like you if you're fun to be around. Well, it also helps if you look semi decent too.

...That wouldn't be so bad actually. I've always considered working on a cruise line for six months as a way to save up money and use it as a trip to Europe with six months pay saved...

This is really an interesting idea IMO. If you don't mind working long hours I've heard it's great, depending on the cruise line. An experienced pizza chef, with something special on his resume as you have, could work anywhere in Europe I think.

This is really an interesting idea IMO. If you don't mind working long hours I've heard it's great, depending on the cruise line. An experienced pizza chef, with something special on his resume as you have, could work anywhere in Europe I think.

I've heard a cruise line is usually quite fun actually - long hours but you get a couple days off a week and there are always new people and new girls, especially with the younger cruises.

I've also met quite a few people who worked on massive private yachts - and every one of them except one said it was an awful experience.

I would do it. Your point about the girls on cruises is huge. They all want to party, you could have massive sex regularly. I would swab the poopdeck to get on board as an employee.

Too bad about the private yacht thing. I expected that might be a good gig, but I'm not too surprised that it usually sucks.

bit of a tough spot with some concrete plans and so much time in between.

the upside is you're single and you've got a skill you can earn money with. hell, everywhere in the world likes pizza.

sounds like the world is your oyster once you get a little money in your pocket, so perhaps go where you can make fast money?

I hadn't thought of that. I wonder what permitting for a food truck in Europe is like. Pizza by the slice is such a money maker.

I would do it. Your point about the girls on cruises is huge. They all want to party, you could have massive sex regularly. I would swab the poopdeck to get on board as an employee.

Too bad about the private yacht thing. I expected that might be a good gig, but I'm not too surprised that it usually sucks.

I would have to get on one of the younger cruises since I have visible tattoos, I've read kitchens are less strict about grooming standards so I should be good. A lot of cruise companies pay for your flight to port too. It's definitely something I'm going to consider for my future.

bit of a tough spot with some concrete plans and so much time in between.

the upside is you're single and you've got a skill you can earn money with. hell, everywhere in the world likes pizza.

sounds like the world is your oyster once you get a little money in your pocket, so perhaps go where you can make fast money?

I don't think I'll find a job that will hire me for a couple weeks. Which leaves me absolutely fucked. Hopefully I can get my tax return quickly and that would save me. If not I have no clue what I'll do. I need to somehow raise $1,000, find a place to live, and find a job. If I fuck up just one thing, my life is ruined. I don't know anyone in Vegas, no couches to crash on and no fall back plan. This is really the biggest chance I've ever taken in my life and I don't really have much say in the matter. I'm not sure how I'm going to scrape together enough money. At the least I should be able to afford a hostel, but I'm not sure for how long.

I hadn't thought of that. I wonder what permitting for a food truck in Europe is like. Pizza by the slice is such a money maker.

I would have to get on one of the younger cruises since I have visible tattoos, I've read kitchens are less strict about grooming standards so I should be good. A lot of cruise companies pay for your flight to port too. It's definitely something I'm going to consider for my future.

Park your truck in a decent place, and I guarantee you'd be very busy. Permits for food trucks seem to be easy to get here, but as a foreigner I don't know if you'd be allowed to be self-employed or not. If so, you could seriously do well here, everyone in Europe loves pizza, even shitty pizza. You'd never go broke, that's for sure. You would only need to learn a little bit of whatever foreign language to get by at first. It's one option, along with the cruise ship idea.

Yeah, you should definitely get a food truck and take it to festivals. One of my friends set up a bagel van and would make a sh*t tonne of money selling bagels and bottles of water at places like download.

I don't think I'll find a job that will hire me for a couple weeks. Which leaves me absolutely fucked. Hopefully I can get my tax return quickly and that would save me. If not I have no clue what I'll do. I need to somehow raise $1,000, find a place to live, and find a job. If I fuck up just one thing, my life is ruined. I don't know anyone in Vegas, no couches to crash on and no fall back plan. This is really the biggest chance I've ever taken in my life and I don't really have much say in the matter. I'm not sure how I'm going to scrape together enough money. At the least I should be able to afford a hostel, but I'm not sure for how long.

i think you'll get it figured out. in the future it might be good to network and make friends a little more, people that can help you get a paycheck when you're in a fix.

Well you have 1/2 of the equation to be very successful. You have a marketable skill. Unfortunately you've been living as a child. A new location isn't the solution.

But after watching Portlandia that'd be my choice.

Back