My Time at Portia

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
280b9c4d4c059dcdbb72616581dd07b1_original.jpg

I'm making this thread for @Madmick because I know he's a Stardew fan.

This game is really very similar to Stardew, except with a bit of a graphics upgrade. The setting is also unique and I've been having fun relaxing on my lunch with it. While you can farm, there is far less focus on farming, which I honestly didn't like all that much in Stardew. The focus is on taking up commissions put out by the town and crafting them. Probably one of the first major ones you'll run into is putting together a vehicle for the local fast travel system which you can utilize yourself once completed.

What makes the setting unique is that it's post-apocalypse. You and some of the town's people work to restore lost technology and increase efficiency over time. Protect the town from ecological disasters and help make the new society a better place.

bddcd93a9542c6fbbab53e045c6674e3_original.jpg

3.jpg

portia17-620x349.jpg

There is also a free demo if you're on the fence.

Last edited:
Nice. I enjoyed stardew valley, but farming was the worst part to me.

I put this on my Wishlist, but it's too close to a new PoE league for me to buy this now.

Looks VERY interesting though. Never played Stardew Valley, but this game looks beautiful, and I love doing stupid shit like farming, grinding, exploring, leveling, crafting, questing, etc.

Nice. I enjoyed stardew valley, but farming was the worst part to me.

You can definitely farm, as you can see in that first pic, but it's more of an optional revenue source than required like in Stardew. Honestly couldn't even fit many planters on my land with all the crafting work stations I have now.

Instead of tilling the soil though you just make planters that can be reused and be moved around at will even when they're growing.

Oh yeah, it's 20% off now on steam so a good time to pick it up if you're interested.

It's on my wishlist. Loved Stardew Valley but want to try a different farming sim. Staxel's another one I'm looking at, although that could be a Minecraft reskin

It's on my wishlist. Loved Stardew Valley but want to try a different farming sim. Staxel's another one I'm looking at, although that could be a Minecraft reskin

There is some other new stardew-like with a more realistic twist... I was looking at it the other day but I can't remember the name.

@Zer I figured it out.

You might want to check out Farmer's Dynasty.

Bought this yesterday and got a few hours in. Pretty fun and relaxing. Seems a lot more focus on caving and crafting, which I actually like.

Free demo?

Now, that's a thing I have not heard in a long time.

Game got its official release. I'm enjoying it. Basically a 3D stardew valley

how're the "chores" on MTaP? i hated stardew cuz most of my time was spent clearing rocks and shrubs and i can do that shit on the weekends at my sister's ranch and even then i get to lose weight/gain muscle doing it.

how're the "chores" on MTaP? i hated stardew cuz most of my time was spent clearing rocks and shrubs and i can do that shit on the weekends at my sister's ranch and even then i get to lose weight/gain muscle doing it.
I don't think there is really anything like that. It's all about building new stuff and finding relics and shit.

Back