My Training and Comp Highlights - Karate, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai

exclamatio

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Having fun with some old clips and newer training footage, hope you enjoy the short highlight :)

Nice and very well done! Must have been fun putting it together. Your kicks are tricky with that TMA background.

When was your last fight btw, and any plans of havng more?

Nice music

Great track, right!? :D Remix by a guy called TeknoAXE

Nice and very well done! Must have been fun putting it together. Your kicks are tricky with that TMA background.

When was your last fight btw, and any plans of havng more?

Cheers mate, aye loads of fun! :D

My last good performance was back in 2010 (facing the lad in the blue shorts in this vid). I've been to pretty much only interclubs since then due to 7 years of chronic shoulder injuries. Re-training now to hopefully compete again this year!

Cheers mate, aye loads of fun! :D

My last good performance was back in 2010 (facing the lad in the blue shorts in this vid). I've been to pretty much only interclubs since then due to 7 years of chronic shoulder injuries. Re-training now to hopefully compete again this year!
Good luck with that!
TMA bros represent! :D

Right on! All going well I'll tune up in some standup then get into mma and eventually your signature <3
I would be very happy to add you to my list! :)

Then you can give me an exclusive interview to post on Sherdog, where you can call out Conor McGregor and get your million dollar fight deal! :D

Having fun with some old clips and newer training footage, hope you enjoy the short highlight :)

I’d whup u brah
Les bang

Kidding aside, your hands seem good, yet you mostly kick in your fights. I’d like to see you use your punches more.

I would be very happy to add you to my list! :)

Then you can give me an exclusive interview to post on Sherdog, where you can call out Conor McGregor and get your million dollar fight deal! :D

It's OOONNNNN! :D

I’d whup u brah
Les bang

Kidding aside, your hands seem good, yet you mostly kick in your fights. I’d like to see you use your punches more.

Cheers mate! Aye I got a lot more confidence with my hands as my fights went along, then as I was getting confident I got a bad shoulder dislocation, after years got it fixed with surgery last year. Training up again so I can scream "LET ME BANG BRO!"

It's OOONNNNN! :D

Cheers mate! Aye I got a lot more confidence with my hands as my fights went along, then as I was getting confident I got a bad shoulder dislocation, after years got it fixed with surgery last year. Training up again so I can scream "LET ME BANG BRO!"
are you training bjj/grappling? I'm a striker to and wonder how long I would need to train grappling to take an amateur mma fight.

are you training bjj/grappling? I'm a striker to and wonder how long I would need to train grappling to take an amateur mma fight.
Get the absolute basics down. My coach has this arrangement where you need to have some competitive exp. in both striking and grappling before going to MMA. The grappling case is 2-3 tourneys min.

For camp duration, I guess thats probably 2 camps.. so 16-24 weeks?

Get the absolute basics down. My coach has this arrangement where you need to have some competitive exp. in both striking and grappling before going to MMA. The grappling case is 2-3 tourneys min.

oh ok. neat. what belt were you before you competed?

oh ok. neat. what belt were you before you competed?
We're a no-gi school so I've never been officially ranked. I haven't competed in MMA yet, but I did one grappling tourney as a novice.

My other teammates who have competed (MMA) at close to blue, one about a purple. We have a sister gym that has a good BJJers and told us the guys were close to those ranks.

When I think about it no one is really around white belt level going in. Maybe the BJJ won't be as sharp, but the wrestling makes up for it.

I was in camp for one, but we had a MMA/BJJ ban 2 weeks out so it got canned. My entire regimen was nothing but wrestling. Working off the fence, sprawl, get to my feet ASAP. The funny thing is, I really wanted to gnp, but I wasn't allowed to, and for good reason as well. I got too excited about it, would get swept and end up on bottom longer than I should, or got heelhooked.

In gi them chickas are covered up in baggy pyajamas. In no-gi. Their asses is out in full force with skin tight spats.

I end up stuck in mount and triangles more often than I should with them >: D

Last edited:
We're a no-gi school so I've never been officially ranked. I haven't competed in MMA yet, but I did one grappling tourney as a novice.

My other teammates who have competed (MMA) at close to blue, one about a purple. We have a sister gym that has a good BJJers and told us the guys were close to those ranks.

When I think about it no one is really around white belt level going in. Maybe the BJJ won't be as sharp, but the wrestling makes up for it.

I was in camp for one, but we had a MMA/BJJ ban 2 weeks out so it got canned. My entire regimen was nothing but wrestling. Working off the fence, sprawl, get to my feet ASAP. The funny thing is, I really wanted to gnp, but I wasn't allowed to, and for good reason as well. I got too excited about it, would get swept and end up on bottom longer than I should, or got heelhooked.

In gi them chickas are covered up in baggy pyajamas. In no-gi. Their asses is out in full force with skin tight spats.

I end up stuck in mount and triangles more often than I should with them >: D
Oh NOOO I've fallen into a triangle.!!!! lol

o ok because I'd be up to taking one or 2 years of bjj to compete in mma. I trained some mma wrestling with a guy who did amateur bouts. I dig wrestling. I just wish I could find a place to train it. The place I'm probably going to go to is a bjj based school with mma fighters. a guy from bellator trained there back in the day.

Oh NOOO I've fallen into a triangle.!!!! lol

o ok because I'd be up to taking one or 2 years of bjj to compete in mma. I trained some mma wrestling with a guy who did amateur bouts. I dig wrestling. I just wish I could find a place to train it. The place I'm probably going to go to is a bjj based school with mma fighters. a guy from bellator trained there back in the day.
It was purely coincidence that when I was stuck in an armbar that nice soft ass was the closest thing I could tap ;)

If it has a Bellator guy there and frequent with competitors, there should be a wrestling component, maybe its not listed in the class schedule, but the instructors have in the routine. I'm not a wrestler, but wrestling has always felt very intuitive and natural to me. BJJ, Judo, etc. on the other hand has felt like I was a deer in headlights while on Jupiter

Yeah I absolutely love groundwork, but it's the weaker side of my martial art. I learnt my first arm bar back in the late 90's but while I've spent 7 years injured I've maintained confidence in my striking it's just a part of my brain, I still need the most work on my ground game. In amateur I could probbaly suffer more due to even more limited strikes than say semi-pro. I'm lucky to have learnt bits of judo, bjj, and catch wrestling, but only as part of an mma system, not trained on their own so much. This year I'll be spending more time at a good BJJ school that's nearby, just getting my driving licence atm! :D

That's good advice and very similar to ours!

That's good advice and very similar to ours!
The reason for it was because years back my coach saw guys getting to gung ho about MMA and went in not prepared. One dimensional guys deluding themselves that their strengths will fill the void of the clearly lacking areas.

BJJ'ers with limited striking exp. Got matched against strikers with good TDD. Shut down badly due to being used to getting hit. Worse was one of them lost by sub to what would technically be a blue when he was nearing brown.

Purebred striker that was very traditional Thai in striking, went to do clinching backs (hip-to-hip), took an express bus to takdown city and lost due to being stuck on the bottom.

MMA is very diverse, there's just so many areas to learn, and with limited time, so having experience in both areas is needed. Not to mention knowing how the system works, its not grappling with strikes, or kickboxing with takedowns, its an entirely different game. Purebred guys get too stuck in what they're used to and forget about it. Sub hunters, when the plan should be strike, strike, strike, strike, and maybe go for the sub when its near 100% guarantee. You wanna be the guy who gave up mount for bottom closed guard? Nope. Bad idea.

Nice highlight video.

Out of curiosity what style of karate did you study?

Nice highlight video.

Out of curiosity what style of karate did you study?

Looks like what they call "Sport Karate" in America, like American Kenpo or something if I had to take a guess.

Back