My UFC 167 Bets - Post Yours! (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL/5Dimes Question:

5dimes is letting me parlay saints/falcons 1st quarter U10.5 with saints/falcons 2nd quarter O16.5. Is this normal or is there some kind of glitch that's allowing me to do that bet?

Hokkee

fading Boston.

Seiden berg + mcquaid r out 2nite, and St louis has best PP% in league. also St louis won the last 5 games played in Boston.

Dunno how much a trend like that reflects on an upcoming game, I'd have to imagine that I overestimate it's effect, at least to some degree.

Blues +110

Last edited:
Hokkee

fading Boston.

Seiden berg + mcquaid r out 2nite, and St louis has best PP% in league. also St louis won the last 5 games played in Boston.

Dunno how much a trend like that reflects on an upcoming game, I'd have to imagine that I overestimate it's effect, at least to some degree.

Blues +110

I actually took Boston on this one. I do think it's a real 50/50 game here, but Rask is the best GK in the league right now... and I don't think it's even close. But STL could definitely pull it off.

So this David Grant guy is headed to the finals because his opponent did not make weight, whose previous opponent did not make weight too. Am I reading this shit on Wikipedia right?

So this David Grant guy is headed to the finals because his opponent did not make weight, whose previous opponent did not make weight too. Am I reading this shit on Wikipedia right?

nah he beat his first opponent, it was the guy who missed weight now that got a bye cuz bollinger missed, then anthony missed now giving grant a bye.

I'm really interested in the fight night 33 odds.

Especially the tehuna and shogun odds. Really hoping tehuna comes in as a dog. Also the odds on shogun by sub may be worth looking at.

720.png

hrmmmm on both

i was eyeing niinimaki's debut.. but his game is centered on his td's, which are pretty awesome... does he really wanna grapple with yahya!?

man idk what to do here.

not sure on maynard +100, either. that price would've been dreamy a couple years ago. maybe not even a couple years ago. right now, idk.

This whole card fucking suuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!!! Like seriously, it looks like a Legacy Fighting Championship card on HDNet Fights. I mean, remove Diaz/Maynard and you essentially have a Legacy FC event. I'm a super hardcore MMA geek & follow even the most obscure of MMA events so I recognize most fighters; however, some of the names on this card are even vague to me.

Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard
TBA vs. TBA
"TUF 18" men's tournament final
TBA vs. TBA
"TUF 18" women's tournament final
Walter Harris vs. Jared Rosholt
Maximo Blanco vs. Akira Corassani
Tom Niinimaki vs. Rani Yahya
Drew Dober vs. Sean Spencer
Ryan Benoit vs. Joshua Sampo

What's worse, the betting aspect of it sucks more than the card itself.

Akira +200 is nice. He looked improved in his last fight, and surprised a lot of people who thought he was still a scrub. He took shots from the hard hitting Robbie Peralta, and Blanco hasn't finished anyone since he fought in Japan in 2010.

As for Maynard, he's been overrated for years imo. The trilogy vs. Edgar made him a household name. Till this day, people still overrate his power and think he's some good boxer, when he barely has any finished and still gases in the 2nd round. No matter how good his physique has looked, the team he's been on, or the hair cut he's decided to go with, he's still the same old Gray that hasn't improved much inside the octagon (where it matters).

Agree w/ Maynard being vastly overrated, from KO'ing himself vs. Emerson to having his ONLY finish in 12 UFC fights come against the vaunted attack of Joe Veres, dude is just overrated. Entering the UFC his early fights were predominantly lay and pray exhibitions and when he fought Frankie he was just so much larger of a man that he was able to bully around the smaller guy making him look impressive. It was not as if his boxing was great, but his punches had so much more impact on them it appeared as such. It looked like a WW fighting a BW & Gray was just knocking Frankie around with each shot. To use a metaphor it was akin to them fighting inside a pinball-machine. The Octagon was the pinball machine, Gray was the flippers, and Frankie was the pinball.

Gray has very little skill to offer the fight game. Essentially, he your prototypical wrestle-boxer from the early 2000s w/ very little evolution. Primarily, Gray is a bigger stronger version of Sean Sherk but w/ worse cardio. Gray, like most great D-1 wrestling champs (even the most one dimensional of them) can be extremely competitive in the sport. However, it looks as if he hit his ceiling in 2011 while other fighters like TJ Grant are still rapidly evolving. Whether Nate has hit his apex is unknown atm, but regardless, his best should be good enough to defeat the Maynard we have today.

TUF finale cards are always this. Think im going to skip this card and go for the next. There isn't any parlay material here.

[YT]LzLhTR9PPNw[/YT]

I like how he basically throws his former co-workers under the bus. The video is basically him saying, "I made the majority of the winning bets, while the other guys were losing bettors. Now buy my premium service!"

OMG how can this guy get any more unlikable? This dude is the most loathsome insufferable prick on the planet. I'm not sure where Kalikas is taking his talents too, but he shouldn't be too hard to spot; just look for the man with two parallel black strips streaking down his back. I mean, to throw a fella like Nick under the bus is just sad; I have always held Kalikas in high esteem not just b/c he is a sharp bettor, but b/c he has always portrayed himself as a stand-up gentleman and not a pretentious douchebag like his former partner.

Moreover, Luca needs to stick to more (scratch that) stick to ALL voice only transmissions as he has a face for radio and one that only a mother could love. With the absence of pigment in the skin and the Lloyd Christmas haircut, FFS the guy looks as fruity as John Waters' dildo. Unfortunately, for Fury, John Waters' dildo has far more character. I mean, this monotone albino fruitcake with the complexion of an anemic vampire who's now flying solo has the personality of a wet napkin. But I digress.

Luca just elevated his toxic, insufferable personality to whole other level. Kudos to him, didn't think he could get any worse.

Don't get me started again. :D

NFL

side note: is anybody else fking sick of these ads on sherdog? every other second something is popping up or playing a video with sound ad. shit gets annoying

AdFender my man. Google it. DL it. :cool:

Not gonna be 54 events in 2014. Actual number is somewhere in the 40s. Fertitta Mispoke.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tta-ufc-events-will-number-in-the-40s-in-2014

Awwwwww. Heartbroken. Feel like the school nerd who got asked to the prom by a cheerleader only to have her b/f drag me to the bathroom, give me a swirlie, and tell me I jut got punked. :icon_cry2

Bellator still refuses to upload their weigh-in to YouTube. I think they've done it in the past, but it was released the next day or something. It would be nice if there was a replay function at the Bellator website, so we could at least watch it from there.

Alexander Shlemenko (184.7) vs. Doug Marshall (184.3) – for middleweight title
Will Brooks (156) vs. Alexander Sarnavskiy (155.4) – Season 9 lightweight tourney final
Rick Hawn (170.5) vs. Ron Keslar (170.7) – Season 9 welterweight tournament final
Patrick Cenoble (155.5) vs. Terry Etim (155.5)
Keith Bell (256.5) vs. Blagoi Ivanov (252.5)
Saul Almeida (145.9) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (152.3)
Ahsan Abdulla (153) vs. Mike Bannon (155)
Bubba Jenkins (155.6) vs. Ian Rammel (155.8)
Brett Glass (155.7) vs. Brent Primus (155.5)
Lester Caslow (145.3) vs. Jay Haas (145.2)

NFL

a little late but i knew the falcons would cover. i told myself i wouldnt bet them unless it got to 10 and i am regretting not buying that 0.5 point :/ sigh, we'll get them back this weekend, guys!

I would destroy Luca so hard in a fight. I predict I'd open as a 5:1 favorite. Parlay material.

I never understand how Kalikas manages to avoid the hatred people around here harbor for Fury whilst being thrice the scumbag. It's really something.

So I'm making plays on Walter Harris over Rosholt. I briefed through this Harris cat, and I think he's going to KO Rosholt, credentials or not. If Harris comes in fighting shape to go 3 rounds, that's all he needs. He doesn't normally go past 1 round so that's still a mystery but I'll take that risk if they're paying me +175.

I won't bet Corassani at +140. If it creeps up higher to like, at least +200 I'll maybe bite. He's injury prone so it's hard to judge. I liked how he looked against Peralta. Blanco DOES have a wrestler background so he could opt to use that to win the fight, but of course he's wild as shit too with Akira's 3 losses coming by KO. I'd like to see props before betting anything on this fight.

I mistook the main event for a 5 rounder, but I'm still considering Nate Diaz in a 3 rounder. +125 seems decent.

Out of the 3, I like Harris as the best dog bet, Nate second. There's nothing about Rosholt's game that I like. I've seen his fight with Derrick Lewis as I've previously mentioned before too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back