My wife lost her battle with cancer

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.

How old are you?

Very sorry to hear, brother. I lost my dad to lung cancer in 2008. and, to an extent, I can sympathize, but I also know losing a lifelong partner is a very different thing, and I wish you all the strength, love and grace that you need right now. It is good that your family is there as support. Your lady will be watching over you now.

Much love,

Darth

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, ts
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Together for 35 years?

Sounds like you two have had a wonderful relationship together.

My condolences for you and your family.

You'd do the same for me bro. It is impossible not to grow close being our unfiltered selves for so many hours. We've had a lot of laughs and how selfish would we all be if we couldn't share some cries too? I meant what I said @Otto! ...one call away.

So sorry to hear that, bless you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family. This hits home.

RIP Mrs Otto.

I'm sorry for your loss, @Otto!.

Idk what it's like to lose a wife and mother of your children, so I won't pretend I know what you're going through. But I've lost two family members, my best friend I ever had, two other friends, and my dog drowned, all since July, and mostly since January.

I've managed to hold it together pretty well. Death has been historically very difficult for me to deal with, probably as bad or worse than many people. That I haven't given in and lost myself after all of this has been a blessing. I hope the same for you.

I hope that you will have the mind to not focus on what you've lost, what you'll be missing, how you wish things would have gone, or what you regret. Focus on the fact that of all of the many people in this world, this woman chose to spend her life with you, and how fortunate you were to have had her. How without her, you wouldn't have the child you had together. How different everything would have been without her in your life.

You were lucky to have her, just remember, she isn't completely gone. You'll be seeing her everywhere for as long as you remain.

God bless you, bud.

Best to your family and condolences over your loss.

A few years ago we lost a family friend to the same type of cancer. She fought hard, seeing many doctors, but lived about 2 years after diagnoses also.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending my love to you and your family.

If there is anything you need from the sherbros, we'll do whatever we can to help.

May your wife rest in light and love. My condolences Mr. Otto.

That licks a barrel full of dick. Stay strong sherbro

I am so sorry to hear brother.....

damn man, SO sorry for your loss- im praying for you and your family

I’m so sorry @Otto! ,I can’t imagine what you must be going through. My gf and I are both dealing with cancer in our families right now too, so I have some understanding of how heartbreaking and difficult the battle can be. There’s really no words for something like this though, so just know that we’re all here for you, and if you need anything at all, or just need an ear to listen, just let me know.

Sorry for your loss OP.

I'm so sorry man :(

Really sorry to hear that and I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss Sherbro.

Sounds like she put up a valiant fight worthy of being a Companion of The Hall.

May she sip the finest of mead alongside Tempest & Moradin.

That's terrible, I'm sorry for your loss. It's good that she passed peacefully with her family by her side. All the best to you and your son

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you sir. That's very admirable to see that you guys have been together that long. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you sincerely guys. I’ve said it before in this thread, Sherdog never ceases to amaze me. Much love brothers!

I'm sorry for your loss.View attachment 915708

Well that's terrible to hear. Sorry for your loss. As much of a bummer as it is, it's always better that her suffering is over.

Much love my brother.

So sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

So sorry for your loss, sherbro

Sincere condolences

I can't even imagine what that feels like. Stay strong man.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Condolences.

Sorry for your loss. Not to get too esoteric, but love never ends. And a love like you and yours is a special thing.

RIP.

That is a long time to be together. I could not imagine how tough it must be.
I am very sorry for your loss.
Stay strong and do your best to take care of yourself.

That is so awful. I am so, so sorry. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Seriously, I am not kidding or just saying that.

You will be in my prayers.

I don’t understand this place.

Dang sorry to hear that man

That’s awful news , brother. We’re here for you and wish you strength in this remarkably difficult time.

So sorry for your loss Otto. :(

Terribly sorry to hear this. I hope you and your son have a support system and don’t have to go this alone.

I am so sorry to hear that. Don't even know what to say.

I dont know you but thats awful. Condolonces to yourself , son and whole family.
Thank you guys, this all means a lot to me to see so many people I’ve never meant taking the time to wish us well.

<{1-7}>

@Otto! In honor of your wife's courageous battle, my family just made a donation to the American Cancer Society. If anyone feels moved to honor her brave fight, the ACS has a minimal processing fee and these donations add up to help ensure one day, these battles will be forever in our favor. I'm thinking of you brother. Much love.
View attachment 915713
Brother that is awesome, thank you so much. Cancer has taken so many lives and shattered many more, so thank you for supporting cancer research.

@Otto!
My Brother...
I'm in tears.

drizzt-do%E2%80%99urden-lady-with-support-2-jpg.915725

Well dun bro... I will do the same.
You’ve done so much for us already. This is such an awesome shoop. I showed it to her a while back and she absolutely loved it.

@Otto! In honor of your wife's courageous battle, my family just made a donation to the American Cancer Society. If anyone feels moved to honor her brave fight, the ACS has a minimal processing fee and these donations add up to help ensure one day, these battles will be forever in our favor. I'm thinking of you brother. Much love.
View attachment 915713
I matched @Green Beard ‘s donation.

Who else is in?

0E5E7702-05C2-46EB-8D03-BDDF5D0A3410.jpeg

@Otto!

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.
+1 to the long list of people thinking about & sending best wishes to you and your family.

Back