My wife lost her battle with cancer

I come on here all the time to shit post, have fun, and basically have an outlet to be everything I'm not in real life. About 50% of the time one here, I'm just joking and fucking around. The other 50% of the time is the real me. @Otto! Is one of the few near 100% genuine people on here, and while I don't interact with him much because he's not a jerk, I do read most of the stuff he posts. Glad you're here Otto, learned a lot from you, and I know you've always spoken with reverence regarding your wife. I hope you live life to the fullest, in time, as I'm sure that's what she would want.

Memento Mori Sherbros. Don't take anything for granted.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, sherbrother.
If your character on here is an indication, she must have been a great and welcoming person to be around.
Your son and his wife being around you for the next few weeks, is a thing i am happy to hear as i am glad that you have the chance to be together in this very difficult time.

I have not lost someone as close to me thus far, so there's most likely far better advice out there, but take your time to grief and don't be hard on yourself, Otto.

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.
So sorry for your loss sherbro. Thinking about the pain of losing a wife, I don’t even have words. Sending love your way, God bless you and your family.

Another shoop for you brother @Otto!
dwWjHdA.gif

Because of my job, I’ve diagnosed then watched many women pass from ovarian cancer. It is a horrible experience for me. Each time. I can’t imagine the pain of losing my wife or daughter. Your pain is so much greater. I am very sorry for you. My condolences.

My wife passed away yesterday, after a 22 month battle with ovarian cancer. My son and I were with her and holding her hands when she passed.

We had been together for 35 years, and she’s always been an awesome companion to me, and an even more amazing mother to our son. Even though we’ve known this was coming for a while, it feels like a part of me died with her, but I do take comfort in knowing that her suffering is over.

@One MMA Fan , @Draxton , @Arqueto , @EvilDDS , @bigwaverider , @Green Beard thank you so much for the support and the good words while we dealt with this. This meant so much to us and she told me that I was lucky to know such caring people.

@HUGHPHUG and @Myrddin Wild , I can never thank you guys enough as you both supported us through the lowest of lows. There are no words to express how grateful I am for all you did for us, and I hope to meet you in person some day over a beer or 6.

My son and his wife are staying with me for a few weeks, and I have lots of family around so I’ll be ok. I’m sure Mrs Otto is keeping an eye on me from up there. I just need time to process things.

Much love to all my sherbros and shersis, and please hug a loved one today.
Brother, I do not have the words to express how sorry i am for your loss. Absolutely heartbreaking. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Back