Name a random lesser known UFC guy from "back in the day" - I pick Andre Roberts

Brian Gassaway

12533.jpg

Nick Diaz, before he fought Diego Sanchez, said something like "Who has this dude fought? Brian Gassaway, who the fuck is that?"

I think it was on a longer version of this promo.

Ivan sallaverry. He may have been a tad light in the loafers,but the guy could fight. One of the more innovative and forgotten guys of the early 2000s

Amar Suloev R.I.P. didn't know he died in 2016 from stomach cancer, he was Fedor's team mate on Russian Top Team. He had a killer right hand punch

He was accused of being a contract killer in Russia

Bam Bam Bigelow
I remember watching his fight against kimo at like 13 years old and thinking: "Holy shit bam bam looks intimidating. He's staring right through this poor spanish dude like tyson used to." I still think his pre fight stare was scary as hell, too bad kimo instantly took him down, held onto the cage for dear life, and then ground and pounded him for like 2 minutes, once he had his footing. Still respect him though. Bam Bam was one of the greatest big men in wrestling, he was a super athlete and who knows what could've happened if he'd been exposed to martial arts earlier.

Back