Nate Diaz: "I should be boxing these guys I’m stuck in a cage though"

Well if you weren’t camping out on a Conor rematch and pricing yourself out of any other matchup you could have fought out your contract and been boxing by now. Zero sympathy.

It's weird to see how many people give extreme weight to things training partners say (hint: teammates say nice things about each other as professional courtesy and to keep a good spirit/relationship) and less weight to things we can see with our own eyes.

And contrary to the weird Sherdog stereotype, there are actually posters who train and can make reasonable analysis.

Maybe he should approach the UFC about a release with clause that he can only box on boxing events.

The diaz bros have a few good qualities.. Toughness, reach and size compared to weight, and very good bjj. Neither would do well in boxing, at all. They should actually try fighting in the cage now that it actually pays decent. Nate was never very good, nick was better but still not top notch. In boxing they would be far lower on the food chain.

give Diaz 3 years and he would beat the shit out of canelo.

Canelo never fought a guy with Diazs cardio and speed + chin.

once again, Nate tweets two sentences and the sheep get triggered - LOL

I have written a longer post a year ago detailing Diaz deficiencies. In short, he would get smoked at any regional amateur tournament .Really go and watch some its fun and you will see far superior boxing skills.

Diaz has no slips, lateral/ vertical movement, uppercut, hook, power. His defense is mostly his face and he is slow. He has a good sense of distance and a nice 1-2. That's sometimes enough to survive in amateur boxing but he would get his shit pushed in badly and he knows it.
MMA fans don't seem to understand that dude has no boxing. He looked crispy vs Michael friggin Johnson and then people who know nothing about boxing though he was Sugar Ray Leonard. Like many have said non-existent footwork and head movement, no uppercut whatsoever or work to the body. Just a 1-2 that he leans too much in to and would get him KO'K by a boxing amateur anyday. He would get whooped by Rollie Romero or Devin Haney and they're both like 2 decades younger than him. And I like Nate's heart but things are said how they have to be said and dude has no boxing skill.

Well if you weren’t camping out on a Conor rematch and pricing yourself out of any other matchup you could have fought out your contract and been boxing by now. Zero sympathy.

This is demonstrably untrue.

He was booked with Poirer. Went to the press conference, promoted the fight, the works. Dustin decided to pull out to deal with a hip injury.

What would you like Nate to do when he signs for a fight against a ranked, but unheralded opponent, and they pull out?

This is demonstrably untrue.

He was booked with Poirer. Went to the press conference, promoted the fight, the works. Dustin decided to pull out to deal with a hip injury.

What would you like Nate to do when he signs for a fight against a ranked, but unheralded opponent, and they pull out?
What’s your opinion on the shitfit he threw right after the press conference when they announced Conor/khabib saying over and over “I’m not fighting.”

Also this is one fight. Is it your position that he wasn’t offered multiple fights in between the Conor rematch and the Poirier announcement?

Back