Nate Diaz most overrated fighter in the UFC

Gaethje doesn't use his wrestling in MMA. He also had no idea how to defend submissions, that win means nothing
It definitely meant something, you can get to title contention with damn near zero BJJ skills, that’s just the sport.

I've long thought his boxing was overrated. I'm no boxing coach so I could be speaking out of my ass completely here but other than his 1-2 his boxing doesn't seem nearly as "crisp" as Joe Rogan and others like to say it is.

Again, I am no boxing coach so he very well could be the best boxer in the UFC and I just don't recognize it. I'm guessing that isn't the case, though.
The 1-2 is his best weapon and he switches between that and substituting a slap instead of a jab. It's his timing and range that brings him success. He tries to trap against the cage and throw short hooks but not much power behind it. Nick was a better inside fighter than Nate. Nick had uppercuts and nice body to head combinations on the inside. Nate seems to just target the head against the cage. His fight vs MJ is probably the best display of his boxing and timing. It was giving MJ a lot of problems and MJ was always a step behind in the timing of Nate's 1-2.

A lot of professional boxers have Nate's style of boxing. It's more of the traditional textbook style that focus on volume. It's a bit of the mexican style of boxing of always pressuring forward. Traditional boxers also don't have a heavy shot selection and rely a lot on the 1-2. It's the timing/range/volume that gets them the wins. Much like Max vs Kattar, they were both pretty much using the 1-2, Max just had better timing and volume.

I respect Nate he has the spriit of a warrior. Hate him or love him but his a legit warrior lives by the sword and dies by the sword type and it doesn't matter whether someone is biased against him or not it is just facts. He has the right mentality for this sport

He is not even the most overrated Diaz brother

Yeah I think Conor is the most over rated.

Nate's boxing has been blown way out of proportion but I don't see anyone claiming he's top five or championship level. He's a great fighter who's durable, big gas tank and slick BJJ. If you want to see Nate Diaz at his best, check out his fights against Cerrone and Michael Johnson.

Strongly agree.

Nate would be 100% irrelevant if conor hadn't (at the height of his arrogance and delusion btw) blessed him by fighting two weight classes above his regular weight. Nate also benefitted from being the perfect matchup against no cardio no IV drip conor. Besides that one fight what the fuck has nate ever done to be considered an elite fighter.

Andre Ward applauds Diaz's boxing technique and has used him as a sparring partner training for his fights.

Either you are trolling or you are beyond deluded.

Shitty footwork. And no power in his hands because his punches are identical to my 7 years old niece. Without his never ending gas tank and chin he would be certificate tomatoes can. If he was shorter and fight against bantamweight or lower which favours technique over genetics today he was RIP

Gets killed by 90% of the 155/170 roster.
90%? So you're saying if he fought all 30 ranked guys in those divisions he'd likely achieve the worst UFC record of all time with 3 wins and 27 losses? :rolleyes:

The fact that he's won 3 out of his last 6 doesn't mean anything?

For someone making a thread about exaggerated opinions, sounds like you're doing the same thing.

Shitty footwork. And no power in his hands because his punches are identical to my 7 years old niece. Without his never ending gas tank and chin he would be certificate tomatoes can. If he was shorter and fight against bantamweight or lower which favours technique over genetics today he was RIP

Diaz doens't have natural power but you are also not understanding how/why he's throwing strikes. Much like Nick ,they throw for volume. They conserve energy by not throwing strikes 100% so they don't gas out like most fighters.

It's a different style of striking but if they put full power into it they could still KO most fighters.

the first conor fight result was unexpected after watching nate take all those shots it was late notice too
nate isnt overrated ufc dont push him hard and hes not ranked p4p or in any weight class unlike conor

He's actually 3 times the size of Conor
9iqAOK6.gif

thats shooped this isnt

mcgregor-layered-offense-0.jpg

Most overrated fighter in the UFC after Conor.

Gets killed by 90% of the 155/170 roster. Only beats up midgets he has a full weight class on because he knows he's getting destroyed fighting people in his actual weight class like Masvidal. The only fights he goes for are literal 155 pounders that he forces to fight him at 170. He knows he's getting owned so he just forces way smaller guys to fight a weight class up. Doesn't take fights other than money fights because he knows he'll get crushed.

Pitter patter punches, 0 technique 0 damage. Looks goofy as fuck swinging punches. Gets destroyed by every single fighter at 170 in the top 15. Beat up 5'9 Conor while he's 6'1 at 170 and he's suddenly this great fighter.

People are so easy to manipulate. Easy money for that roided bald tomato Dana.

I'd say the fact that some people call this guy the GOAT makes him the most overrated by far.

Habib.0.jpg

No one overrates Nate, I’ve never seen someone claiming he can be champ. I would say Masvidal or Till are the most overrated fighters.

Yes they do. Casuals literally believe he’s an elite fighter as do a lot of shertards when in reality, he’s a fringe top 10 LW and would be lucky to break the top 15 at WW.

Back