Nate Diaz's Coach: Woodley Fight Unlikely Because UFC Doesn't Want to Pay

that card is going to get like 300k buys max lmao, where they going to find the money to pay him. Nate and Woodley are both delusional.

I mean, he’s got the belt. So what? The belt don’t mean nothing anymore. It’s about who you’re fighting (if you want) to make the money.”

I think a lot of fans and fighters are finally starting to realize this. And handing out interim belts like candy doesn't help.

Thanks PolskiGhost for another great interview and breaking it down for everybody here.

I think Nate overrate himself and is a little dumb to pass on good money like this.

That being said, him playing hard ball like that and probabbly pissing off Dana & Co make me laugh.
Nate is a great troll tbh.
See i don't agree with that, i mean, why should WWE be cashing massive checks and the fighters getting fuck all in comparison. Nate, like all the other fighters should be doing is realizing what he is worth and how much money WWE are making of their/his back. Look at the numbers mentioned for their new tv deal which are well short of what they are looking for but still almost double what they were getting but the fighters won't see almost double their pay checks and why shouldn't they?

Woodley better move up to 185 lbs for money fights

Nate Diaz's longtime boxing coach, Richard Perez returned to Submission Radio this week to chat about a bunch of things.

Some topics covered:
  • The rumours surrounding Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz at UFC 219
  • If Nate is interested in the fight
  • The negotiations and what's stopping the fight from happening
  • Nate deserving 15 million dollars for the Woodley fight
  • The Conor McGregor trilogy fight
  • McGregor's incident at Bellator Dublin where he jumped the cage and slapped an official
  • Nate's recent training and how long he needs to get ready
  • Why Nate would take a fight at welterweight seeing as it's Nick's division
  • Perez's relationship with Nick Diaz
  • GSP's performance at UFC 217
  • A Nick Diaz vs. GSP rematch
  • If Nick will fight again, and more!
Some quotes:

If Nate Diaz will fight Tyron Woodley on December 30th at UFC 219

“I don’t think so. The UFC doesn’t want to give Nathan the money. You know, cause what Woodley’s trying to do, he’s trying to get his name up there and he wants to fight the best, so he wants to fight Nathan. But UFC doesn’t want to pay Nathan, so why fight him? We can fight McGregor (instead).”

“I saw Woodley talking the other day about Nathan being scared, “scared homie”, you know, but it’s not that. It’s not all about that, because Nathan ain’t scared to fight nobody, it’s the money, and Dana White and the UFC doesn’t want to pay him. But he deserves it.”

The chances that the UFC and Diaz can come to a deal to pay Nate the right price

“Well the chances are... I don’t... it could be.... you know, you never know. It can pop right up tomorrow and say, yeah they’re fighting, they’re giving him what he wants,” but maybe not. Cause, I know they want a main event and they’re trying really hard, but they have to cough up the money. They’re being too greedy with the money right now, it’s hurting a lot of fighters.”

What the minimum is that Richard thinks the UFC should pay Nate for the Woodley fight

“15 million (dollars) easy. Easy. Cause, I mean, he’s a star right now. I mean, McGregor can’t even fight right now, he got suspended. And Woodley’s trying to fight everybody. He says McGregor doesn’t want to fight him, he says BJ Penn (sic) doesn’t want to fight him. He’s naming all these people that don’t want to fight him, you know, cause he’s trying to get his name, he’s trying to get up there, and nobody wants to (fight him). I mean, he’s got the belt. So what? The belt don’t mean nothing anymore. It’s about who you’re fighting (if you want) to make the money.”

“And it’s worth it because Woodley wants to get his name out there, he wants to fight the best so he can be noticed. Right now, he’s not really getting a lot of publicity like Nathan does with the people, you know, the crowd. Whether they like you or they hate you, they want to see Nathan. So that’s what he’s going for.”

If UFC 219 needs Nate Diaz

“Well, everybody wants to see McGregor and Nathan. Woodley is out of the picture. I mean, he’s just blubbering now and talking cause he wants to get noticed, he wants to be up there in top too. I don’t blame him, that’s normal for a fighter cause he has the belt. He thinks the belt’s important, it’s not right now, it’s about who you’re fighting. That’s why he’s trying to get Nathan, he’s trying to get McGregor. But what everybody wants to really see is McGregor and Nathan. That’s all I ever hear. People texting me all the time, they call me all the time, it’s still constantly, “when are they fighting? That’s all we want to see”. That’s the fight, that’s the best fight to watch right now. You know, cause the last two fights were great, so the third one has to finish. We have to find out the outcome of that one. So that’s where it should be at now.”

How a fight against Woodley would play out

“Well, to be honest with you, I know Nathan would beat him because he’s not... Woodley’s – see, he’s fought guys like Robbie Lawler. Robbie Lawler wasn’t expecting that, he wasn’t expecting for Woodley to just come out and throw, and he kind of closed up a little bit, Robbie Lawler. Nathan won’t. Like I said, when he’s in tip top and not hurt, he’ll go out there and he’ll box him, he’ll outbox Woodley. Woodley, sure he’s fast, but he don’t have the reach, and Nathan’s fast too. Believe me, when he’s throwing combinations good, he’ll nail them. And if it goes on the ground, Woodley doesn’t have a chance.”

“And Woodley tires out. In the later rounds, he’ll slow down.”

If five weeks is enough to prepare to UFC 219

“That’s going to be another McGregor fight, you know? I don’t know why they do this. They used to do this to Nathan a lot, and a Nick too a lot, when they were fighting a lot. They were fighting like three or four, five times a year and they would just call them with a week's notice and they would go out there and they’d do it, you know, they’d go out there and perform, they never turned it down. So they finally decided, you know what, this is too much, we’re not getting very much money and everybody else waits a whole year and they get bigger money than we do. So they stopped, they said, no, we’re not doing it anymore.”

If Woodley vs. Diaz is currently unlikely for UFC 219

“Right. I mean, he says he signed his part already, Woodley did and Nathan hasn’t, but there’s a reason. Because, you know just as well as I do, Nathan is on top and he needs to get paid what he deserves. He’s a people person. People want to see him and he’s popular right now, just like McGregor. So why doesn’t UFC do it when they made big money on the show when Nathan fights and McGregor fights? Even if Nathan fights Woodley it’s going to be up there because of Nathan. So they’re gonna probably make, oh gosh, pay-per-view is going to be just out there because they’re curious on what Nathan’s going to do with Woodley. So they’re making big money, they’re pocketing a lot of it. You guys know it too. Oh gosh, it’s ridiculous.”

Oh for fks sake. Nate, SIGN THE FIGHT, it's a chance for you to become a champion win or lose sign the fkn fight Plsssss

Always about the $$

Tyron is no McNugget. You not getting millions to fight Woodley

he's right, nate has that mcgregor fight to lay back to, so there's no reason to fight woodley. if they want him to fight wodley, they have to pay him. he just have to make sure to not outprice himself from the fight. woodley isn't mcgregor and he can't make the same money as if he would fight the manlet

oh, now I saw the 15 million number, that's nuts haha, he isn't getting the fight like this. but that's classic nate

Only reason Nate is famous right now is because he is the last one who beat Conor. As soon as other fighters beat Conor, Nate is just the pot smoking, 209 yelling gatekeeper he used to be.

$15 Million...

giphy.gif

v9Mlqw.gif

I think Nate overrate himself and is a little dumb to pass on good money like this.

That being said, him playing hard ball like that and probabbly pissing off Dana & Co make me laugh.
Nate is a great troll tbh.

Yeah, $15 million is fucking crazy. Diaz- Woodley does 300K buys- MAXIMUM. probably not even that. The UFC's take of that many PPV buys would be well under 15 Million, Probably 10-12 million.

Saw another thread talking about the topics covered while Richard Perez was on Submission Radio, and one of those topics caught my eye.

Richard Perez thinks Diaz should get paid $15 million to fight Woodley!

I don't even think McGregor would make that much to fight Woodley.

I think this is it for Nate Diaz's MMA career, he's priced himself out of the market entirely.

What makes this all worst is Diaz's coaches are all supporting his actions.....

What a dumbass. They fight 4 - 5 times per year? Nate had 1 time he fought 5 times in a year and that was in the beginning of his career, in 2006 and not even in the UFC.

15million? Haha I'm a huge fan of the Diaz bros but this is a sport where 1million is a colossal pay day.

Hope UFC will throw him some extra money, he always puts on a show and fans will always be interested in Diaz brother fights
Nate was a 40/40 fighter until the McGregor fight! And now he wants 15 million? Stupid

This ducking technique of nate is getting old. You're not selling any ppv without conor

That's actually Nate's figure... & Perez is just saying that Nate is worth it because he will bring a higher PPV buy number.

the thing is that guaranteeing it might not work. Put your own popularity up for the challenge & negotiate a piece of the PPV... & then you will get paid properly based on what you draw.

He's overpricing himself out of fights. The only fight UFC will bite on to pay that figure is Nate vs. Conor.

Last edited:
Ridiculous from the Diaz camp, but let's not kid ourselves.. If Conor said he'd take the fight, they'd pay him $15m in a heartbeat.

Back