Nate Diaz's Coach: Woodley Fight Unlikely Because UFC Doesn't Want to Pay

That's one way to look at it. But relying on one other man to get you paid, isn't very Alpha is it? If Nate was really the draw that he thinks he is, then he should just fight anyone he wants and get paid. But he isn't. He's going to sleep every night, praying that Conor will pick him to fight next.

Nate knows he's not that big a draw.

He also knows he has 1 last shot at that kind of money, maybe 2 if he fights McGregor afterwards.

If he loses this fight, which is very likely, because he's fighting the champion of a higher division (when he couldn't even get the belt at his own division), then he loses bargaining power for the 3rd McGregor fight.

Nate is comfortable never fighting again, so he gets to make these kind of demands.

If the UFC had paid him accordingly throughout his career, he wouldn't be acting like this. They wanted to stick him on a 20/20 contract after losing his title shot to Benson, so now he's looking for his "reimbursement."

Nate is looking to wring the UFC out like a wet mop, just like they did to him.

I mean, you go to any bargaining table and ask for more than you think you'll get.

I could see him getting $5m-8m and then a good share of the PPV buys to reach a $10m figure which is reasonably in line with what he actually expects going into discussions with wanting $15m

Conor will never fight for $10m again, btw.
Why? Floyd fought for 30M after biggest ppv ever and get 300M for MayPac

Comical. I dont understand why he thinks he is a needle mover. Just because he fought Conor? Conor can fight literally random guy from the street and make over 1 mil PPVs...Nate headlining against anybody but Conor would do 300K at best. He is a journeyman and totally irrelevant, same goes for his brother, who hasnt won a single fight in 6 years, yet they demand 10+ mil paydays and star opponents.

So Nate REALLY doesn't want to fight T Wood.

He shouldn't, as he'd get sonned, but still, this is pretty clear.

Don't get too excited. The last rumor was Nate vs. Conor 3. Helwani had the scoop.

Conor should just retire watch these so called stars fight for 100k

This fight doesn't even make any fucking sense. It's glaringly obvious that they want Nate to win the WW title to set up another goddamn money fight. Dana and the UFC management should piledrive themselves down the nearest flight of stairs.

T-wood is about as marketable as crotch fungus.

Surprised Nate backed down from 20M.

Send Marquart's elbows back in.

Nate knows he's not that big a draw.

He also knows he has 1 last shot at that kind of money, maybe 2 if he fights McGregor afterwards.

If he loses this fight, which is very likely, because he's fighting the champion of a higher division (when he couldn't even get the belt at his own division), then he loses bargaining power for the 3rd McGregor fight.

Nate is comfortable never fighting again, so he gets to make these kind of demands.

If the UFC had paid him accordingly throughout his career, he wouldn't be acting like this. They wanted to stick him on a 20/20 contract after losing his title shot to Benson, so now he's looking for his "reimbursement."

Nate is looking to wring the UFC out like a wet mop, just like they did to him.
Agreed. I just think even if he loses this Woodley fight, the Conor fight will still be there for him because that is an easy money grab for him, conor and the ufc. Regardless if he loses to Woodley.

But imagine if he beats Woodley? He will have the WW Belt and have the 2 biggest fights in the history of the sport at his feet: Vs GSP and then Vs Conor. I don't know why he just doesn't go for it.

Diaz acting as if he's the pull in the McGregor feud lmao. I respect Diaz and quite like the guy but the fact that he thinks he's on the same level on Conor is absurd, he should be at 10 million max.
You Accidently added a 0 there pal, we know you meant 1 million max though don't worry.

Agreed. I just think even if he loses this Woodley fight, the Conor fight will still be there for him because that is an easy money grab for him, conor and the ufc. Regardless if he loses to Woodley.

But imagine if he beats Woodley? He will have the WW Belt and have the 2 biggest fights in the history of the sport at his feet: Vs GSP and then Vs Conor. I don't know why he just doesn't go for it.

Nate has 30 fights.

He's taken a lot of damage over the years.

Woodley punches are not good for your head, he wants to be compensated enough to never even think about fighting again after this fight, win or lose.

Unless it's 15 mil, it's not worth the potential brain damage.

illK6U.gif

Funny gif, amazing av, keep coming back.

Oh thank goodness, literally no one, I mean no one wants to see this stupid fight. Just so pathetic they are even considering giving a lightweight coming off a loss a title shot at 170. Who comes up with this idiotic matches that make no sense.

He knows he'll lose, and then lose negotiating power with Conor. The guy has zero confidence in himself and is relying solely on Conor to get him his retirement pay.

Beta move by Nate.

Nate & Perez are making the right move. Nate is holding a winning lottery ticket right now, it would be stupid for him to take any other fight unless Conor retires, or unless the UFC can pay him that kinda money.

I think Perez might actually be smarter than I give him credit for, because I don't believe this is even about Woodley. The UFC would never, ever pay Diaz $15m to fight Woodley, because the money's not there. I doubt Diaz would even be able to command $5m for a Woodley fight, because neither of them are a draw on their own or even combined. Everyone involved must realize this... it's a no-brainer.

I think the "coming down from $20m" part is Perez's way of subtly suggesting that Diaz maybe realized he priced himself out of the fight and would do the rubber match with Conor for less, without coming out and directly saying it.

“$15 million, easy. Easy. I mean, he’s a star right now,” Perez said. "I mean, McGregor can’t even fight right now, he got suspended. And Woodley’s trying to fight everybody. He says McGregor doesn’t want to fight him….He’s naming all these people that don’t want to fight him, you know, because he’s trying to get his name, he’s trying to get up there, and nobody wants to [fight him]. I mean, he’s got the belt. So what? The belt don’t mean nothing anymore. It’s about who you’re fighting to make the money.”

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...ight-Tyron-Woodley-129427#TWsSKxTkdTV8tIOl.99

13476255.jpg

It seems outlandish because it's the UFC he is dealing with, but when you look at the factors, Nate definitely deserves 15m. He is fighting Tyrone and on short notice. He may not be the draw Conor is, but you can guarantee the cards going to do much better than with what it has now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back