Navarrete vs Berinchyk May 18th ESPN+

Berinchyk will minimize his accuracy with his movements and capitulate by darting. Navarette has a huge volume, if he manages to at least half of it, he can win this fight.

Berinchyk UD

Santillian vs Norman should be a lot of fun. Norman is on borrowed time with TR, I bet he gets the pink slip after this one.

Torrez vs Moore is another interesting fight. I'm guessing Bob hasn't been impressed with Moore (I haven't been) and he'll also get cut after this weekend.

Ukrainians are used to bad days. They've been at war with Russia for years.
I got Navarrete by UD. 116-112, maybe 116-111 if he drops Berinchyk with one of his wacky uppercuts.
I know Navarrete is doing it to get another belt in another weight class, but I dont want him at 135lbs.
If he wins, Id like to see him drop back to 130lbs. 122-126lbs he was a monster but I already saw things at 130lbs that makes me think 135lb just isnt going to be his weight class.

I got Navarrete by UD. 116-112, maybe 116-111 if he drops Berinchyk with one of his wacky uppercuts.
I know Navarrete is doing it to get another belt in another weight class, but I dont want him at 135lbs.
If he wins, Id like to see him drop back to 130lbs. 122-126lbs he was a monster but I already saw things at 130lbs that makes me think 135lb just isnt going to be his weight class.
I've got Navarrete too. So do the bookies. Berinchyk wasted a lot of his prime doing dumb shit like bareknuckle when he could've been doing much more professionally. He was a standout amateur as you probably already know. An Olympic & Worlds silver medalist. He's a good scalp to have.

I think Navarrete squeaks by in this one, but I get the feeling his run is coming to a halt pretty soon. He breaks a lot of rules in the ring and the bigger guys will be able to capitalize on his deficiencies.

I still think he's the best dressed boxer in the game though and by a wide margin.

I'll tell you what.... this is my fight of the weekend.

Sure I'll watch the Usyk vs Fury card, but I expect that to be a cool affair compared to this one.

Back