***NBA Thread - All Hail Giannis***

Status
Not open for further replies.
People look at his over inflated numbers. But I see a dude that was super athletic for his time and would still be a stud athlete now , especially if if played the Modern NBA as a kid with modern nutrition and training techniques.

Plus dude was durable as all hell playing the amount of minutes he did.

Wilt would be s stud in any era. Take a look at this if you choose, its Wilt remastered so we can get a good look. Dude's size and strength, his leaping ability, is top notch. He shoots the ball well off the glass and has far more speed and handles than you would think for a guy entering the league in 1959.

They say in this video 60% of his shots were on fade away jumpers, not dunks and layups.

most of the older guys would presumably suck, for two main reasons: 1) the athleticism is entirely different nowadays (it's largely what made Jordan so good, he was the first like true modern athlete at that size to enter the league, and he also mastered point 2), not counting like Wilt, Dr J and a few others 2) they literally didn't even dribble facing forward in the NBA until really Isiah Thomas and Jordan. Go watch the NBA finals highlights from even the mid 80s and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

Virtually every player backed down from even the perimeter, the lateral movement with the ball was virtually nonexistent, and obviously they didn't allow carrying but the entire way the ball was handled was absurd.

Even now, how many players on any average NBA team REALLY have good handles? like they could facilitate if say the PG was out, or if trapped/pressed in the backcourt? 3? So i'm not sure 'being raised in modern era' would necessarily solve that per se

I still think Bird and a few others would be pretty legit, even though slow as shit, b/c he had master body control like Luka does and could still create enough space to get shots off. Plus he averaged an absurd amount of rebounds for a dude w/ zero hops, and his passing was amazing, and clearly he could shoot. He was just slow. If Ryan Anderson could be a borderline AS in modern times than why couldn't Bird actually be one? Footwork and basketball IQ still go a loooooooooooooooooooooonnngg way in today's game (see: Jokic)

Wilt would be s stud in any era. Take a look at this if you choose, its Wilt remastered so we can get a good look. Dude's size and strength, his leaping ability, is top notch. He shoots the ball well off the glass and has far more speed and handles than you would think for a guy entering the league in 1959.

They say in this video 60% of his shots were on fade away jumpers, not dunks and layups.

That's the exact video i watched earlier and pulled that stat from haha

Respect

People look at his over inflated numbers. But I see a dude that was super athletic for his time and would still be a stud athlete now , especially if if played the Modern NBA as a kid with modern nutrition and training techniques.

Plus dude was durable as all hell playing the amount of minutes he did.
Wilt would be a poor man’s Mo Bamba in today’s nba.

TimeLord with another nearly perfect statistical half to start today. I can't believe the Celts were able to lock him down for less than half of a max contract and Schroder for under 6 mil (tho only a year)
wnPEyMa.png

TimeLord with another nearly perfect statistical half to start today. I can't believe the Celts were able to lock him down for less than half of a max contract and Schroder for under 6 mil (tho only a year)
wnPEyMa.png
lol and 5 minutes later to end the half he gets the basket but no and1 call on this insane buzzer beater:

Seriously how the fuck is this not and1?

You got this weird hard on for a role player for a middle of the road ball club
I think you mean "one of the first people to have recognized the statistical and highlight dominance of a young team player"
Dude is putting up some of the cleanest stat lines in the history of the game and all you can do is go " wahh role player!" I guess?

I mean would you rather I just sit around on my knees jerking off ball hogs like every analyst and talking head?

You're proving my point quite well actually by insisting he is a total nobody, when he has nightly highlight dunks, blocks, hustle plays, and absurd statlines.
Guy is easily leading the league in FG%
Top 5 shot blocker
2nd in Orebs per 48

I think you mean "one of the first people to have recognized the statistical and highlight dominance of a young team player"
Dude is putting up some of the cleanest stat lines in the history of the game and all you can do is go " wahh role player!" I guess?

I mean would you rather I just sit around on my knees jerking off ball hogs like every analyst and talking head?

You're proving my point quite well actually by insisting he is a total nobody, when he has nightly highlight dunks, blocks, hustle plays, and absurd statlines.
Guy is easily leading the league in FG%
Top 5 shot blocker
2nd in Orebs per 48

It's this weird obsession over some kid with the worst nickname in basketball, the one you're using on him anyways.

Mobley a hell of a young player.
Gets swatted by TimeLord and comes back to swat Tatum on the other end.
All from like 4 minutes of gametime since my earlier post lol:

"role player" type night tho eh?
GtXhPjM.png

Last edited:

To be fair to Bennett, that kid had no business being drafted 1st overall . It looks even worse because that's the same year Giannis got drafted at 15. No one could have predicted the worst No. 1 in NBA history would come out of that draft to go along with a Future Hall of Famer as a hidden Gem.

Definitely the worst nickname…

borusa2.jpg

Behold! I am the Time Lord!
I think it's the best.

Both makes fun of him being late to his first ever day as a pro while having some of the best ever timing on jumping for blocks, dunks, and rebounds.

I think it's the best.

Both makes fun of him being late to his first ever day as a pro while having some of the best ever timing on jumping for blocks, dunks, and rebounds.

The Doctor Who feelings it conjures up make it criiiiiiiinge

I think it's the best.

I get the reason behind it, it just doesn’t really flow imo. It has that outdated sci fi name feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back