***NBA Thread - All Hail Giannis***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m undefeated in my fantasy basketball team without Zion. Still mad I reached for him at 12.

I'm impressed that the Cavs are stringing together wins behind Allen , Rubio and the youth movement of Mobley and Garland all while Sexton is out with Injury.

i know he got em on that highlight earlier, but Caruso was putting in some work on D on Curry

It's virtually impossible to guard somebody that is A) the best shooter ever with an extremely quick release and range to half court, and B) also has handles and a quick first step and can get by you. You can't back off him, but getting right up on him is a death sentence as well

Alex Curaso has always been a dog on defense, but I think because he's white and looks like a 40 year old car salesman no one notices. But he's just as good as Lonzo on defense.

I'm impressed that the Cavs are stringing together wins behind Allen , Rubio and the youth movement of Mobley and Garland all while Sexton is out with Injury.
Lol sexton is hot trash they are better off without him. That's why they tried trading him this off season. Mobley is great though, reminds me of a young Tim Duncan before he tore his knee.

If Giannis can do what he does w/ limited dribbling and shooting skills, then why couldn't Wilt?

I saw a wild stat the other day, more than 50% of Chamberlain's shots came off fallaway jumpers. It's not like he dunked every play
He wouldn't average 50/25 in this era though, I think that's everyone's point. Probably be a 20/10 guy.

Lol sexton is hot trash they are better off without him. That's why they tried trading him this off season. Mobley is great though, reminds me of a young Tim Duncan before he tore his knee.

To me he is combination of KG and Duncan in that he has physical tools similar to KG , but has workman like demeanor Duncan, at USC he was showing flases of this but I was hesitant to be excited because it was against college players but he is showing righ now he probably should have been the 1st pick over Cunningham, who looks fucking lost , and is shooting horribly.

To me he is combination of KG and Duncan in that he has physical tools similar to KG , but has workman like demeanor Duncan, at USC he was showing flases of this but I was hesitant to be excited because it was against college players but he is showing righ now he probably should have been the 1st pick over Cunningham, who looks fucking lost , and is shooting horribly.
Cunningham is a victim of the new rules and nerfed basketball. I think once he adjusts his game he'll be fine.

Alex Curaso has always been a dog on defense, but I think because he's white and looks like a 40 year old car salesman no one notices. But he's just as good as Lonzo on defense.
True, but that's also an erected victim complex among his fans.
Dude is beloved everywhere, has a more famous nickname than most rotation players, and just signed a $38 mil deal to leave a big time team.

True, but that's also an erected victim complex among his fans.
Dude is beloved everywhere, has a more famous nickname than most rotation players, and just signed a $38 mil deal to leave a big time team.
Yeah but that big team from a big market cheaper out on him to go after Westbrook, Monk, and Bazemore.

Listen you can have Rondo, Baze, Monk, or Brodie but not all four. Way too many low iq knuckleheads on a team.

Yeah but that big team from a big market cheaper out on him to go after Westbrook, Monk, and Bazemore.

Listen you can have Rondo, Baze, Monk, or Brodie but not all four. Way too many low iq knuckleheads on a team.
Huh?
Rondo is one of the most high IQ cerebral savant players to have ever played the game and is a cerebral fiend.

Davis scores 27 1st half points and the Lakers are only up by 5 on a shitty Spurs team, it's that kid of season where they are going to struggle to get through easy wins.

He doesn't get many minutes, but that Hartenstein dude on the Clips puts in some work when he's in there

Wilt would be s stud in any era. Take a look at this if you choose, its Wilt remastered so we can get a good look. Dude's size and strength, his leaping ability, is top notch. He shoots the ball well off the glass and has far more speed and handles than you would think for a guy entering the league in 1959.

They say in this video 60% of his shots were on fade away jumpers, not dunks and layups.

he's quite possibly the best athlete to ever go into the NBA, so that will translate and if anything improve with modern medicine and training techniques. That said, the athleticism gap would be closed with the modern athletes. He relied heavily on that advantage and his height.

His skill, even in the highlight package isn't that great, uncoordinated in his dribbling, jumped unnecessarily and passed the ball midair a few times (decision making), no real post moves. But, he had enough touch that he could do a fadeaway in the paint and hit wide open mid range shots.

A guy that athletic would definitely be employed, but how effective he would be today, unclear. I think he'd be a solid 20 and 15, get some blocks. Like a Dwight Howard in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back