NCAA Wrestling viewers express their frustration towards DC's unprofessional commentary

I thought DC and Jordan Burroughs made an excellent commentary team. They were playing off of each other, both very knowledgeable. I enjoyed both of them.
Agreed. DC, JB, and Rock were great.

DC still coaches high school wrestling and is very knowledgeable about guys at all different levels of the sport. He even has some interesting takes on the transfer portal opening up last week. They guy knows his stuff.

The only criticism I have was he kept calling these college athletes (including 26 year old Fix) "kids".

Agreed. DC, JB, and Rock were great.

DC still coaches high school wrestling and is very knowledgeable about guys at all different levels of the sport. He even has some interesting takes on the transfer portal opening up last week. They guy knows his stuff.

The only criticism I have was he kept calling these college athletes (including 26 year old Fix) "kids".

TBF DC is coming from a sport that had a 40 year old California "Kid," a 41 year old Wonder "Boy," and a 30 yo Assassin "Baby."

TBF DC is coming from a sport that had a 40 year old California "Kid," a 41 year old Wonder "Boy," and a 30 yo Assassin "Baby."
Nah. It's a subtle way to ensure college athletes are not treated as a adults and, therefore, let coaches, ADs, and the NCAA treat them like children.

DC seemed skeptical regarding the transfer portal opening up the week of the tournament. But, I see no issue with college wrestlers transferring to another university no matter their reasoning. After all, they are adults.

Never liked DC, but he was a good fighter so it didn't matter. But having to listen to him on the commentary is fucking brutal. I can only imagine having to hear him more on NCAA wrestling. He's sure as fuck no Jeff Blatnick, the original NCAA/UFC double duty commentator who I still miss, and for the many reasons that Dana sucks for busting up his relationship with Randy Couture, the persistence of DC on mics is right near the top of the list.

JB and DC were joking about Daton Fix for finishing 2nd 4 different years. "That's a record nobody wants" etc...
Imagine DC making fun of someone for being 2nd-best in his division.
That's how dense and lacking in self-awareness he is.

Nah. It's a subtle way to ensure college athletes are not treated as a adults and, therefore, let coaches, ADs, and the NCAA treat them like children.

DC seemed skeptical regarding the transfer portal opening up the week of the tournament. But, I see no issue with college wrestlers transferring to another university no matter their reasoning. After all, they are adults.

I don't think the term "college kids" is a big deal, but given the controversy around college athletes being pro athletes, I guess it's in poor taste. I'm not that familiar with the transfer portal but isn't that just a tracker showing which wrestlers are transferring to other colleges? Did DC say something controversial about it?

JB and DC were joking about Daton Fix for finishing 2nd 4 different years. "That's a record nobody wants" etc...
That's how dense and lacking in self-awareness he is.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I don't understand the hate DC is getting. I liked his commentary and thought he and JB were vibing great with each other and I didn't hear any blatant disrespect. After Arujau beat Fix, JB said "It's unfortunate for Fix because it's a record no one wants..." but it didn't come across as mocking to me. And DC didn't laugh but simply pointed out that the man who controlled the TDs won the match.

marked:

Did DC say anything else that I missed, that seems to be pissing everyone off?

Last edited:
I don't think the term "college kids" is a big deal, but given the controversy around college athletes being pro athletes, I guess it's in poor taste. I'm not that familiar with the transfer portal but isn't that just a tracker showing which wrestlers are transferring to other colleges? Did DC say something controversial about it?

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I don't understand the hate DC is getting. I liked his commentary and thought he and JB were vibing great with each other and I didn't hear any blatant disrespect. After Arujau beat Fix, JB said "It's unfortunate for Fix because it's a record no one wants..." but it didn't come across as mocking to me. And DC didn't laugh but simply pointed out that the man who controlled the TDs won the match.

marked:

Did DC say anything else that I missed, that seems to be pissing everyone off?

DC didn't say anything very controversial about the transfer portal, other than that it's a distraction for everyone involved to have the portal opened days before the NCAA championships.

I absolutely agree that DC, JB, and Rock had great chemistry. I also very much appreciate when there was a call being reviewed, JB stepped up an mentioned that he didn't know the most recent rule changes (they change yearly) due to him focusing on freestyle. It was gosh darn refreshing.

wrestling fans are a paradox. We want the sport to continue to grow, but we want the culture of the sport to stay the same. I am in disagreement with the folks on Twitter that complained about DC's commentary

That's how dense and lacking in self-awareness he is
DC should know , having taken second to Cael Sanderson . No shame in that but is what it is .

just classic DC.

talking way too much about random stuff that isn't the match at hand, giving his opinion on 50/50 calls and acting like his is the word of god, blowing his own horn every 10 minutes

Pretty sure that's the job they sign up for to commentate. If one doesn't want any of that, watch it on mute

I had no problem with his commentary honestly.

Back