Law More than a dozen female athletes sue NCAA over their transgender participation policy

It seems like this nonsense is starting to get people to stand up and stop being silent due to fear on the angry and loud left. Common sense is starting to prevail.

University President:
"I thank God that we live in a nation where we have the freedoms to express ourselves as we choose. But those freedoms cannot get to the place where they take away freedoms and opportunities from other people. That is crossing the line and we have indeed crossed the line in letting biological males compete in women's athletics. My prayer is that we can come together on this issue and get back to what is right for women's athletics," he added.

From same article, Bob Costas:
“It’s not transphobic to say ‘Let’s inject some common sense here,'” If someday the best player in the WNBA can play in the NBA, everybody would applaud. But if the worst guy at the end of the bench on the worst team in the NBA went to the WNBA and averaged 40 points a game, everybody knows that’s [unfair]."

It seems like this nonsense is starting to get people to stand up and stop being silent due to fear on the angry and loud left. Common sense is starting to prevail.

University President:
"I thank God that we live in a nation where we have the freedoms to express ourselves as we choose. But those freedoms cannot get to the place where they take away freedoms and opportunities from other people. That is crossing the line and we have indeed crossed the line in letting biological males compete in women's athletics. My prayer is that we can come together on this issue and get back to what is right for women's athletics," he added.

From same article, Bob Costas:
“It’s not transphobic to say ‘Let’s inject some common sense here,'” If someday the best player in the WNBA can play in the NBA, everybody would applaud. But if the worst guy at the end of the bench on the worst team in the NBA went to the WNBA and averaged 40 points a game, everybody knows that’s [unfair]."

I predict more and louder screeching from the local leftists as poeple push back

My guess is the courts will find that the NCAA is a private organization and can decide their own rules however they like as long as they are not overtly discriminatory at an institutional level.

To that end the way the NCAA creates divisions is largely arbitrary. They could just as easily use chromasomes as gender identity if they were inclined to. They could also go full co-ed and have one team regardless of sex or gender; may the best athlete win.

It will probably not help the girls' case that the NCAA is opt-in. They don't HAVE to agree to the rules or participate. On the otherhand, I think the fact that participation can prioritize school admission and grant scholarship dollars may help the girls' case in that it is a form of compensation for participating that may be compromised.

This is more of a PR initiative.

As we're seeing across culture these days, you can't count on large organizations to do the right thing and there is no real apparatus to make them do it.

All you can really do is threaten their bottom line. Bringing awareness to the issue is step one. Once there's enough awareness, people need to simply stop attending NCAA events until they change their behaviour.

It seems from a little research, most of the NCAA's funds come from their TV deal to broadcast March Madness ($800M of $1.14B revenue).

Boycotting that is probably people's only option.

There's still a LOT of golf to be played, but there's something ironic about the current leader at the US WOMEN'S Disc Golf Championship being trans and having gone through puberty as a male - Natalie Ryan

Amazing!! lol… probably enjoys throwing from the woman’s tee box

I love disc golf too… sad to see got infected with this garbage

How do these trans women not realize they’re doing massive damage to their cause…

Making people resent them when most people didn’t really care one way or the other previously

Locker rooms, sports, etc…

Amazing!! lol… probably enjoys throwing from the woman’s tee box

I love disc golf too… sad to see got infected with this garbage

How do these trans women not realize they’re doing massive damage to their cause…

Making people resent them when most people didn’t really care one way or the other previously

Locker rooms, sports, etc…

And Natalie's attitude, aggression, and vitriol through the whole process only made it worse.

@Fedor>Cain this thread is exactly what I was talking about. So far, the only left winger who has come into this thread and said they don't support men in women's sports is Loiosh.

As we're seeing across culture these days, you can't count on large organizations to do the right thing and there is no real apparatus to make them do it.

I'm not sure there is a "right thing" here. The rules are arbitrary and made up and there are lots of people in lots of sports who the rules don't favor.

If they completely disbanded women's NCAA sports and went co-ed, pure meritocracy I wouldn't see that as right or wrong, just new rules that suck for someone. If wrestling went open weight it would suck for the smaller classes, but it wouldn't be "unfair". Basketball doesn't have height classes, it just openly favors bigger guys. It's all arbitrary.

But I agree that rules are fitted to the market. I think well meaning people with conflicting interests are pulling the NCAA to make the rules favor them but the NCAA will lean in the direction that makes them the most money.

If a boycot changes that so it's now less lucrative they'll change course. They're not standing on principle.

@Fedor>Cain this thread is exactly what I was talking about. So far, the only left winger who has come into this thread and said they don't support men in women's sports is Loiosh.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find that most people give a rats ass about women's sports in general.

Trans women shouldn't be in women's sports lol. Then again, women's sports is already a joke, so maybe the freak show aspect would make them somewhat appealing. Obviously should be a no go for combat sports.

I honestly don't see it as something that's really worth talking about much as it's a topic that's been beaten to death. I've honestly never met anybody irl who even watches women's sports aside from fights that are forced on us by the UFC or women's pro wrestling lol.

Women's tennis has a decent following. The US women's soccer team has a decent following. Women's MMA and the women's division in WWE (which isn't a sport tbh).

I've posted about this in threads in the past myself.

Honestly, I just don't think people care about women's sports. The only reason they exist outside of a few niches like tennis at this point is because they get propped up by Title IX or you have a league like the WNBA getting paid for by NBA revenue and the women still think they're underpaid 😂.

The obvious solution is to create trans divisions for sports, but it's obviously too expensive and nobody would show up. You wouldn't be able to field teams in basically anything because they're aren't enough trans athletes to fill up a roster for basketball team pretty much anywhere, same with soccer or whatever team sport.

If you want to be outraged about a tranny swimming against other swimmers in a race and beating them? Be my guest. However, I wouldn't have cared about women's swimming before the tranny beat them, so I'm not going to pretend to give the slightest fuck about them winning either.

I say let the trannies go into the wnba and let them dominate like prime Shaq. Maybe it will keep those idiots off of television complaining that they aren't paid enough when nobody shows up to watch their shitty games in the first place.

It's just such a minor issue that it's hard to give a fuck about it. I highly doubt any of you are sitting around watching the WNBA, women's tennis, softball, or anything other than Dana's garbage ass wmma fights that get shoved down everyone's throats.

The athletes suing should win the case imo, but after the case, I would bet a million dollar bill that absolutely none of you will give a flying fuck about women's sports ever again, just like me.

Last edited:
I'm a left leaning moderate, socially liberal and fiscally conservative, and I am as firmly entrenched against trans women in protected women's divisions of sport as I can be.

Please, feel free to be who you are, and I will use whatever name or pronoun you like. But there is an unfair advantage almost universally for males who went through puberty before they transitioned and the world doesn't have to kowtow to your wants at the sacrifice of fair play.

Back