NCAA Wrestling

Yes, I read that Sadulaev will participate in the Russian nationals at 97kg. I think he can definitely beat Snyder, but I just think Sadulaev is a bit slow at 97, which takes away Sadulaev's main attributes. He likes to explode on techniques, which worked perfectly at 86, a little less at 92, and lesser at 97. I think he should stay at 92 for now, let him win one or two world golds at 92 - because nobody will really challenge him there (maybe Cox? Sharifov?). Then try out 97. I would like to see Baitsaev stay in the national team at 97, he is really solid. I think Baitsaev, Ketoev and Snyder are the right size for 97, they cut down from 100+ (don't know the exact weights); whereas Sadulaev still looks small even with cutting weight. He did well last time, 6-5 is a really close score where Snyder won the last 30 seconds, so I think it is like a 55-45 match up. Really close.
Yeah man, that sucks for Baitsaev but who knows, maybe he closes the gap even more this year. I read some reports that said Sadulaev was thinking hes gonna have to move up to 97 in 2 years anyway so he may as well get used to the weight. Crazy thing though, I don't think Sadulaev is undersized for 97 kilos. 1st I look at the fact that aside from Snyder, he shur out his 4 other opponents at last years worlds. He outscored them 28-0. Secondly, as you pointed out, he lost by a point in the finals. And finally, word coming out of Russia was that he was pretty banged up after Rio, he got married, he had a lot of political/Public relations obligations, and he didn't even want to compete. Bilyal Makhov said the Russian Wrestling bigwigs put a lot of pressure on him to compete. I think he lost some muscle mass and even with that, he didn't look dwarfed, he just wasn't huge for the weight class. Its pretty interesting though, supposedly Sadulaev has been quoted a number of times as saying Snyder never beats him again.

Yeah man, that sucks for Baitsaev but who knows, maybe he closes the gap even more this year. I read some reports that said Sadulaev was thinking hes gonna have to move up to 97 in 2 years anyway so he may as well get used to the weight. Crazy thing though, I don't think Sadulaev is undersized for 97 kilos. 1st I look at the fact that aside from Snyder, he shur out his 4 other opponents at last years worlds. He outscored them 28-0. Secondly, as you pointed out, he lost by a point in the finals. And finally, word coming out of Russia was that he was pretty banged up after Rio, he got married, he had a lot of political/Public relations obligations, and he didn't even want to compete. Bilyal Makhov said the Russian Wrestling bigwigs put a lot of pressure on him to compete. I think he lost some muscle mass and even with that, he didn't look dwarfed, he just wasn't huge for the weight class. Its pretty interesting though, supposedly Sadulaev has been quoted a number of times as saying Snyder never beats him again.
I actually thought Baitsaev arguably beat Sadulaev.. Baitsaev is pretty huge though. Will a 92kg (and the other alternative weight classes that were At Euro 2018) be in the Olympics 2020? Sadulaev did pretty well, although he beat guys like Ketoev and Salas by little points, he still shut them down quite easily.

I read on youtube that he will either have to go up to 97, or back down to 86 for the Olympics, but this isn't confirmed yet.. I don't think. It was an Iranian guy and he said he has no chance vs Yazdani lol and would lose 10-0...

Sadulaev definitely wants revenge, he has said this a few times. I just wish they would stay in their own weight classes for now, Sadulaev definitely has a good chance of winning 1/2 more Olympics golds at 86, or 92. 97 is tough though. It is ruled by Snyder, but there are many tough wrestlers not-named Snyder there, too.

I just want to see Sadulaev back at 86 so we can see his speed with cartwheels to score.. low singles, singles, gut wrenches (which he still does have success at 92 and 97 with) and all the crazy techniques he gets away with. Like this swing (I don't know the technique) he hit Selim Yasar with, like a boss.

Definitely think Baitsaev will challenge him at 97 though, it will be close with him.

Yes, I read that Sadulaev will participate in the Russian nationals at 97kg. I think he can definitely beat Snyder, but I just think Sadulaev is a bit slow at 97, which takes away Sadulaev's main attributes. He likes to explode on techniques, which worked perfectly at 86, a little less at 92, and lesser at 97. I think he should stay at 92 for now, let him win one or two world golds at 92 - because nobody will really challenge him there (maybe Cox? Sharifov?). Then try out 97. I would like to see Baitsaev stay in the national team at 97, he is really solid. I think Baitsaev, Ketoev and Snyder are the right size for 97, they cut down from 100+ (don't know the exact weights); whereas Sadulaev still looks small even with cutting weight. He did well last time, 6-5 is a really close score where Snyder won the last 30 seconds, so I think it is like a 55-45 match up. Really close.

In one of Sadulaev's interviews he said that he got tired pushing into the bigger man Snyder for the first 5 minutes. Snyder also said that he started his sprint earlier then normal with 1 minute to go because he knew Sadulaev didn't have the same gas tank. It will be interesting to see the new tactics employed by both when they meet again.

I actually thought Baitsaev arguably beat Sadulaev.. Baitsaev is pretty huge though. Will a 92kg (and the other alternative weight classes that were At Euro 2018) be in the Olympics 2020? Sadulaev did pretty well, although he beat guys like Ketoev and Salas by little points, he still shut them down quite easily.

I read on youtube that he will either have to go up to 97, or back down to 86 for the Olympics, but this isn't confirmed yet.. I don't think. It was an Iranian guy and he said he has no chance vs Yazdani lol and would lose 10-0...

Sadulaev definitely wants revenge, he has said this a few times. I just wish they would stay in their own weight classes for now, Sadulaev definitely has a good chance of winning 1/2 more Olympics golds at 86, or 92. 97 is tough though. It is ruled by Snyder, but there are many tough wrestlers not-named Snyder there, too.

I just want to see Sadulaev back at 86 so we can see his speed with cartwheels to score.. low singles, singles, gut wrenches (which he still does have success at 92 and 97 with) and all the crazy techniques he gets away with. Like this swing (I don't know the technique) he hit Selim Yasar with, like a boss.

Definitely think Baitsaev will challenge him at 97 though, it will be close with him.
Interesting thing is, Sadulaev has even said that 92 is "the perfect weight for me" so who the hell knows what hes thinking. 86 kilos is out of the question though, the new weigh in procedures make it impossible. 2020 Olympics is definitely set to go back to 6 weights so it will have to be 97 kilos. Baitsaev is definitely huge, he has wrestled a whole lot at 125 kilos and won prestigious tournaments like the Yarygin and Military Worlds, he is definitely bigger. There is a whole lot of shaking out to do, itl be interesting to see where everyone lands. On another note, Chamizo vs Burroughs
Snyder vs Salas
Oliver vs Asgarov
Dake vs Livian Lopez
James Green, Nick Gwiazdowski are also wrestling Cubans in just a few hours!!!

In one of Sadulaev's interviews he said that he got tired pushing into the bigger man Snyder for the first 5 minutes. Snyder also said that he started his sprint earlier then normal with 1 minute to go because he knew Sadulaev didn't have the same gas tank. It will be interesting to see the new tactics employed by both when they meet again.
Another thing I found interesting, Snyder said he felt much stronger than Sadualev. You can see this in a few exchanges.

Another thing I found interesting, Snyder said he felt much stronger than Sadualev. You can see this in a few exchanges.

It's obvious he the bigger stronger guy, I think Saduaelev can weigh in with jeans and shoes on and still make 97.

Interesting thing is, Sadulaev has even said that 92 is "the perfect weight for me" so who the hell knows what hes thinking. 86 kilos is out of the question though, the new weigh in procedures make it impossible. 2020 Olympics is definitely set to go back to 6 weights so it will have to be 97 kilos. Baitsaev is definitely huge, he has wrestled a whole lot at 125 kilos and won prestigious tournaments like the Yarygin and Military Worlds, he is definitely bigger. There is a whole lot of shaking out to do, itl be interesting to see where everyone lands. On another note, Chamizo vs Burroughs
Snyder vs Salas
Oliver vs Asgarov
Dake vs Livian Lopez

Can't wait for Burroughs vs Chamizo!!!

It's obvious he the bigger stronger guy, I think Saduaelev can weigh in with jeans and shoes on and still make 97.
I just find that insane. After watching Sadulaev ragdoll so many guys for a few years it was weird seeing someone who was clearly stronger. And Sadulaev was manhandling big guys. The same Georgian that he teched at last years worlds, Sadulaev ragdolled him 2 years prior in his 1st foray into 97 kilos. Sharifov was at 97 kilos for the entire time between London and Rio. There was just so many big guys that Sadulaev handled, its crazy to me to think that he is undersized or understrength for 97 kilos. I did think he was smaller than Snyder, but mostly through the arms and shoulders. I also think he had lost some size due to injuries and distractions.

I just find that insane. After watching Sadulaev ragdoll so many guys for a few years it was weird seeing someone who was clearly stronger. And Sadulaev was manhandling big guys. The same Georgian that he teched at last years worlds, Sadulaev ragdolled him 2 years prior in his 1st foray into 97 kilos. Sharifov was at 97 kilos for the entire time between London and Rio. There was just so many big guys that Sadulaev handled, its crazy to me to think that he is undersized or understrength for 97 kilos. I did think he was smaller than Snyder, but mostly through the arms and shoulders. I also think he had lost some size due to injuries and distractions.

He is incredibly powerful and the amount of explosiveness he can generate when he gets the proper leverage is ridiculous! That's the thing though, when he gets that leverage. Snyder shut it down with his tie-ups and constant pressure. I don't know if he'll be able to do it again but I can't wait to see the rematch.

He is incredibly powerful and the amount of explosiveness he can generate when he gets the proper leverage is ridiculous! That's the thing though, when he gets that leverage. Snyder shut it down with his tie-ups and constant pressure. I don't know if he'll be able to do it again but I can't wait to see the rematch.
Yeah I guess that's a good point. However, if Snyder (and possibly others) can prevent Sad from getting that leverage/position, it is at least as much due to skill and technique as it is size/strength that allows them to do so. I actually expect Sadulaev to beat Snyder the next time they wrestle but you bet your ass I'll be rooting for Snyder.

Snyder vs Salas
Oliver vs Asgarov
Dake vs Livian Lopez
Can you help a bro out and tell him if there is a way to watch this from Russia? I don't have a flow account sadly... maybe I should invest in one someday. Also, what time?

Can you help a bro out and tell him if there is a way to watch this from Russia? I don't have a flow account sadly... maybe I should invest in one someday. Also, what time?
Sorry dude Im not aware of anything. However, it does seem like most wrestling content ends up on YouTube fairly quickly. I expect to be able to watch it by the weekend. I had a Flo account for a while. Some of the documentaries were really good but overall I didn't feel it was worth the money once I watched all the good ones.

Salas have Snyder all he could handle

9-8 Snyder winning on a late TD

Salas was up 8-1 at one point.

How does Salas get up 7 points to Snyder? Damn. Must have been a wild match.

I missed the first 4 points. He hit a slick trip for a 4 pointer to get up 8.

That mats are getting real wet from moisture and humidity and it's hard for them to get any footing.

Oliver just beat Asgarov 3-3 on criteria.

He had the lone takedown and a caution point.

Asgarov had 2 pushouts and a passivity point.

That mats are getting real wet from moisture and humidity and it's hard for them to get any footing.

Wow, I never would have expected Asgarov would lose to Oliver. I thought he was one of the clear top guys at 70. He was really generating offense and getting to gut wrenches at 65.

Wow, I never would have expected Asgarov would lose to Oliver. I thought he was one of the clear top guys at 70. He was really generating offense and getting to gut wrenches at 65.

This may mat makes these matches sketchy.

JB is down 4-0 and now they are wiping off the mat mismatch because of it

JB wins 6-5 in a fun match

Hard to take anything away from these matches considering the conditions on the mats

How did they look overall? Word on the street (pun intended) was that he got pretty outta shape recently. I didn't know he was recently suspended.

How does Salas get up 7 points to Snyder? Damn. Must have been a wild match.
When Salas is on he's a handful for anyone. He used to routinely mop the floor with Jake Herbert who was a damn good wrestler.

Back