NCAA Wrestling

Dake v Chamizo
DT v Downey
Ashnault v Pletcher

Live on Flo.

Apparently DT asked for 4 minute periods with no tech fall and Downey declined. Not sure where the bad blood is coming from but it sounds like Taylor wants to punish him.

I think Downey has been talking shit on him for years.

But does anyone think Downey will be even slightly competitive?

I think Downey has been talking shit on him for years.

But does anyone think Downey will be even slightly competitive?

Fuck no. Downey may get on the board with a chest wrap or something like that but he's still going to get teched.

And I've never seen Downey run his mouth with Taylor. I even remember him sharing a Flo article about Taylors wins over high profile guys and he commented something along the lines of "and I thought my hit list was impressive."

2020 Western States Championships in all three styles set for July 30-August 1 in Farmington, Utah
USA Wrestling is pleased to announce that the Western States Championship, a traditionally successful tournament organized by USA Wrestling West Region leaders, will be hosted at the Legacy Events Center in Farmington, Utah this summer.

Competition dates are Thursday, July 30 (Greco-Roman), Friday, July 31 (freestyle) and Saturday, August 1 (folkstyle). The divisions included are 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, High School, Girls 9U, Girls 12U, Girls 14U, Women High School.

The cap on entries for this year is 750 athletes per style, so those interested in competing should register right away.

Participants can come from anywhere in the USA, but those outside the 11 Western Regional states (plus Colorado and New Mexico) will go through additional screening prior to weigh-in. So far, entries from states outside the core 13 Western states have come in from Nebraska, Wisconsin, Florida and Maryland.

For more information on this event and to register, visit the website at: https://www.westregionusaw.com/

Registration is $35 per style. Admission for fans is free and coaches bands for USA Wrestling member coaches are free, one of the few major events with this policy. While both male and female wrestlers in all three styles will compete in traditional USA Wrestling age groups, tournament directors may pull some weights together to maximize the match opportunities for the athletes.

This event, previously called the Western States Championships, or “Turf Wars,” was created and developed by 11 states in the Western portion of the nation, and is operated by a committee of leaders from those states. From this event, 100% of the proceeds are traditionally designated to help offset the costs of National team members in the Cadet and U15 age groups and to enhance the athlete experience at the event.

“The Western States Championships historically has been one of the largest and most competitive events in the West Region. We constantly improve the awards, return all profit to the event athlete experience to our National team kids, and brought in the best tournament directors. The Western States Championships is a premier event for the USA Wrestling community,” said Craig Lamont of Utah USA Wrestling.

The event will strictly adhere to the guidelines set by USA Wrestling in its Return to Events Guidelines, and follow all state and local regulations from health and government agencies in Utah.

“The Western Region Tournament Committee worked closely with the state and local jurisdictions to get this event approved. The tournament directors were part of the committee that developed the Return to Events document for USA Wrestling. We feel really confident about this event and trust that it will be the model for us all to return to the mat,” said Pete Isais, Director of National Events.

The awards at the Western States Championships are outstanding. There are custom medals for individual champions and crystal plates for Outstanding Wrestlers in each Division/Style. The event also features custom acrylic trophies for those athletes that win a “Triple Crown,” by sweeping titles in all three styles.

The event is run on TrackWrestling and is streamed via TrackCast and available on demand via Track Wrestling.

“We are excited to bring top quality age-group wrestling back to the USA Wrestling community at a time that has been very difficult for all of us. We put all of the proceeds of this event into the athletes. We don’t charge admission for fans. Coaches passes are available at no cost to any USA Wrestling member coach. This is truly a wrestler’s event,” said event director Rob Cate.

Some key operational items for this year’s Western States Championships.
• Single man mechanics for referees, with only one coach to a corner
• Smaller-sized sessions with cleaning protocols in between sessions
• All coaches will have to be pre-registered via the USA Wrestling Membership System.
• All Coaches and Athletes must be current USA Wrestling Members.
• All spectators will be asked to wear masks and to socially distance from those not in their immediate family. However it is encouraged that spectators utilize the TRACKCAST system where every match will be streaming live and available on-demand.
• RV parking and limited hook ups are available
• Utah Corona virus information can be found: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/latest/

Host Hotels:
• Hyatt Place Farmington Station, 222 North Union Avenue, Farmington, UT 84025
• Hampton Inn and Suites Farmington, 322 West, UT-225, Farmington UT 84025

Fuck no. Downey may get on the board with a chest wrap or something like that but he's still going to get teched.

And I've never seen Downey run his mouth with Taylor. I even remember him sharing a Flo article about Taylors wins over high profile guys and he commented something along the lines of "and I thought my hit list was impressive."
Downey has been publicly accusing DT of PED use

Pretty surprised Seabass transferred but it makes sense. I guess he'll be at 141 or maybe even 149

Back