NCAA Wrestling

I don't see the WWE panning out for him. And nowadays MMA is so advanced as it's own martial art that being such a great wrestler doesn't really mean you're gonna become champ. Gable should just focus on wrestling 3 quads and becoming the best ever. He's incredible. Belongs on the mat.

IMO he can make the mic skills and WWE work if that's what he wants, but yeah it doesn't sound like he's all in on that. I'm sure he's already curtailed both careers by splitting his time over the past year and I don't think he can simultaneously do both, not well anyway. Curious if WWE even lets him do Olympics next year or if he'll come to his senses and do it with or without them onboard.

Hope Sadulaev is good to go vs Snyder for bronze (if Snyder wins, of course).

Micic is World Champ! Damn!
Anyone know how these guys split their training? Guys like Micic, Amine, Rivera, Valencia, etc? There were quite a few guys from the USA prepping other countries at this tournament. They must train at least a little in the Country they wrestle for right? Especially if your wrestling for a good wrestling country like Serbia or Uzbekistan. I remember Boris Novachkov saying he would train for tournaments in Bulgaria but otherwise was in California.

Anyone know how these guys split their training? Guys like Micic, Amine, Rivera, Valencia, etc? There were quite a few guys from the USA prepping other countries at this tournament. They must train at least a little in the Country they wrestle for right? Especially if your wrestling for a good wrestling country like Serbia or Uzbekistan. I remember Boris Novachkov saying he would train for tournaments in Bulgaria but otherwise was in California.
Most training at regional training centers within the US. Most are attached to universities. That way, that can:

- be a top training partner for DI wrestlers.
- make money from the RTC

You do not need to train in the country you are representing.

I believe Sadulaev was 20 when his run started too. I remember he skipped right over the junior division. It's gonna be interesting with a new player on the scene.

And Snyder took gold at 2015 worlds when he was 19, then gold at 2016 Olympics the following year.

Neither here nor there but Dake's silver medal picture on the UWW website looks like he's making a "not impressed" face. He was sooo close to scoring on that final scramble.

marked:

picture.jpg

oly-gymn-gawval_-gaw002101.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot about that, Sadulaev, looked fat and out of shape this tournament. Can't wait for the rematch in the Olympics.

Doesn't he always look like that? I don't watch wrestling that often but I thought he always had kind of a George Sotiropolous old man physique despite being one of the baddest dudes on the planet.

Last edited:
Back