NCAA Wrestling

I took a couple of my kids to tOSU vs Iowa. The Stoll been sat was baaaaad. There was an intense vibe in the gym, Iowa came to scrap and was obviously pissed most thought they’d get blown out, and you least wanted to see Stoll try to throw him for the chance at winning the dual..

When the backup 197 came out. Stoll didn’t even look upset or get angry or throw headgear like Tanner Hall. He just sat there on the bench

I may have started a revolution on themat. I told them that both Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons need to be replaced as commentaries because they're horrible and everybody seemed to be agreeing with me haha.

USA and Russia Yarygin teams announced.

USA's Yarygin Lineup
57kg: Frank Perrelli
61kg: Tony Ramos, Cory Clark
65kg: Logan Stieber, Jayson Ness, Josh Kindig
70kg: Frank Molinaro
74kg: Joe Tavoso
79kg: Kyle Dake, Alex Dieringer
86kg: David Taylor, Travis Stefanik
92kg: Jacob Warner, Nick Heflin
97kg: Kyle Snyder, Nathan Burak
125kg: Nick Gwiazdowski, Zach Rey, Bobby Telford

Russia's Yarygin Lineup
57kg: Zaur Uguev, Azamat Tuskaev, Rasul Mashezov, Donduk-ool Huresh-ool, Semyon Vladimirov
61kg: Gadzhimurad Rashidov, Aleksandr Bogomoev, Ismail Musukaev, Julian Gergenov, Rustam Abdurashidov
65kg: Alan Gogaev, Akhmed Chakaev, Nachyn Kuular, Islam Dudaev
70kg: Israil Kasumov, Magomed Kurbanaliev, Abdullagi Magomedov, Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov
74kg: Khetag Tsabolov, Magomedkhabib Kadimagomedov, Nikita Suchkov, Zaurbek Sidakov, Kakhaber Khubezhty
79kg: Aniuar Geduev, Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov, Alan Zaseev, Tazhidin Akaev, Radik Valiev
86kg: Vladislav Valiev, Daueren Kurugliev, Artur Naifonov, Alikhan Zhabrailov, Soslan Ktsoyev
92kg: Abdulrashid Sadulaev, Anzor Uruishev, Yuri Belonovsky, Guram Chertkoev, Ahmed Bataev
97kg: Vladislav Baitsaev, Shamil Musaev, Rasul Magomedov, Igor Ovsyannikov, Magomedkhan Magomedov
125kg: Anzor Khizriev, Alan Khugaev, Muradin Kushkhov, Baldan Tsyzhypov

I may have started a revolution on themat. I told them that both Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons need to be replaced as commentaries because they're horrible and everybody seemed to be agreeing with me haha.
It’s an old opinion

USA's Yarygin Lineup

Russia's Yarygin Lineup
57kg: Zaur Uguev, Azamat Tuskaev, Rasul Mashezov, Donduk-ool Huresh-ool, Semyon Vladimirov
61kg: Gadzhimurad Rashidov, Aleksandr Bogomoev, Ismail Musukaev, Julian Gergenov, Rustam Abdurashidov
70kg: Israil Kasumov, Magomed Kurbanaliev, Abdullagi Magomedov, Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov
74kg: Khetag Tsabolov, Magomedkhabib Kadimagomedov, Nikita Suchkov, Zaurbek Sidakov, Kakhaber Khubezhty
79kg: Aniuar Geduev, Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov, Alan Zaseev, Tazhidin Akaev, Radik Valiev
86kg: Vladislav Valiev, Daueren Kurugliev, Artur Naifonov, Alikhan Zhabrailov, Soslan Ktsoyev
92kg: Abdulrashid Sadulaev, Anzor Uruishev, Yuri Belonovsky, Guram Chertkoev, Ahmed Bataev
97kg: Vladislav Baitsaev, Shamil Musaev, Rasul Magomedov, Igor Ovsyannikov, Magomedkhan Magomedov

How does Yargin work? Is it an open tournament with wrestlers from various countries, or just composed of US and Russia?

Cut up the notable clips from OSU v. Iowa. Here are the last moments of Lee v. Tomasello:

USA's Yarygin Lineup

Russia's Yarygin Lineup

I like hot in the past we've barely ever sent anyone to and now this year we got 2 gresyhirt Freshman from Princeton and a Redshirt Freshman from Iowa.

How does Yargin work? Is it an open tournament with wrestlers from various countries, or just composed of US and Russia?

Various

I like hot in the past we've barely ever sent anyone to and now this year we got 2 gresyhirt Freshman from Princeton and a Redshirt Freshman from Iowa.

Not to mention 2 world champs, a world bronze, an Oly 5th placer, and 2 guys who are complete studs taking over with the weight changes. This is a really strong line up. But even in the light of it all, I think we'll get 2 champs and one other high placer, and maybe another sneaking in as a low placer. With that many Russians, it's going to be a bitch for any American to sneak through.

Who would you prefer over Jim "lower body active" Gibbons? I don't mind him too much. He's not great but he's okay. I like Martin Floreani, he was great.

I believe there was an interview where Lee said his knee felt 100% healed but he still wears that bulky knee brace. Marinelli has a similar one as well. I can't remember ever wrestling anyone with one.

Does the brace's additional size, diameter wise, around the leg and hardness make it difficult to wrap up and secure single legs when shooting outside singles and high crotches? Seems like it would make it tough to grip around when getting in on a single leg.

Who would you prefer over Jim "lower body active" Gibbons? I don't mind him too much. He's not great but he's okay. I like Martin Floreani, he was great.

I really like Anthony Robles for a color commentary. IF they want a Big Ten guy, maybe Jake Herbert or David Taylor.

You're right on Martin Flo, I thought he was great. I also thought Joe Williamson was great also.

Well, there goes any potential Dake vs Geduev match...

Geduev will not be wrestling at Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix, nor will Soslan Ramonov; however, Tedeev mentioned that both will stay in the Russian National Team.

Well that just increased Dake's chances of winning by quite a bit. I'm not familiar with a lot of the Russians but with the way he's be wrestling of late, you have to give him a good chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back