Relationship Need feedback on Hinge prompts.

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am reconsidering my approach to dating and introducing OLD (Online Dating) into my life.

I started off creating an account without much foresight, and I even bought the membership + super boost. I have set my age preferences to max (youngest to oldest) and distance to 35 miles. I am not posting my photos as private information is not allowed on this subforum. I am just starting out and want advice.

I am looking for constructive criticism, any outright useless responses will be promptly ignored and potentially reported depending on how they tether into cyberbullying. Please know you have been warned.

Here are my prompts, please give me your thoughts after you reviewed my approach;

Legend

Prompt Question
Prompt Response
Rationale

I'm looking for:

Someone who is entertaining, can play a mean round of Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo.

The logic behind this prompt is to show that I can have a playful banter while also potentially opening the door for a date idea. I own a Nintendo Switch and play Mario Kart, but there are restaurants that have old retro video gaming consoles where you can participate in 1v1s on a date. The "mean round" is intended to oversignify the importance of what many would consider a simple game. The contrast in the two is unexpected and makes it funny.

I am the type of texter who:

Will vary my texts depending on how I am feeling. I work long hours and sometimes do not want to have long conversations, but one word replies are cancer to my mind.

I understand a negative approach is not good, but I want to make this clear as it is a dealbreaker. I need whoever I match to understand my boundaries and expectations with regard to communication. I put this in the middle as the previous joke would create an atmosphere of comfort but this will show its not all about games.

Together we should:
Travel outside of the country

Most women on these apps always talk about wanting to travel. Honestly, I don't really care much about traveling myself but I believe this will simply get my odds up.

I have no idea what this Hinge stuff is but I wish you luck on dipping your toes into the online dating pool.

Hope it goes well.

Setting the age range to max instantly puts you in the reject box for being desperate. Every dating site has an algorithm where you get stuffed in the garbage if you're not selective enough and your profile or your actions show that you're willing to hook up with anything with two legs. Set a proper age range and add in something like "only bangs 10s", I'm not even joking.

Your pictures:
Professional photo that looks natural
Photo with friends that includes women
Photo with a puppy or some animal
Photo doing something cool and active

You should probably figure out what you're looking for and be more specific with age range.

Profile:
They all look lame to me. No advice on that one.

I am looking for constructive criticism, any outright useless responses will be promptly ignored and potentially reported depending on how they tether into cyberbullying.
this should end well.
popcorns-crackhead-eating.gif

I am reconsidering my approach to dating and introducing OLD (Online Dating) into my life.

I started off creating an account without much foresight, and I even bought the membership + super boost. I have set my age preferences to max (youngest to oldest) and distance to 35 miles. I am not posting my photos as private information is not allowed on this subforum. I am just starting out and want advice.

I am looking for constructive criticism, any outright useless responses will be promptly ignored and potentially reported depending on how they tether into cyberbullying. Please know you have been warned.

Here are my prompts, please give me your thoughts after you reviewed my approach;

Legend

Prompt Question
Prompt Response
Rationale

I'm looking for:

Someone who is entertaining, can play a mean round of Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo.

The logic behind this prompt is to show that I can have a playful banter while also potentially opening the door for a date idea. I own a Nintendo Switch and play Mario Kart, but there are restaurants that have old retro video gaming consoles where you can participate in 1v1s on a date. The "mean round" is intended to oversignify the importance of what many would consider a simple game. The contrast in the two is unexpected and makes it funny.

Will vary my texts depending on how I am feeling. I work long hours and sometimes do not want to have long conversations, but one word replies are cancer to my mind.

I understand a negative approach is not good, but I want to make this clear as it is a dealbreaker. I need whoever I match to understand my boundaries and expectations with regard to communication. I put this in the middle as the previous joke would create an atmosphere of comfort but this will show its not all about games.

Together we should:

Most women on these apps always talk about wanting to travel. Honestly, I don't really care much about traveling myself but I believe this will simply get my odds up.
I would absolutely not refer to something that you find mildly annoying as “cancer.” I get that it’s a figure of speech but it comes off kind of harsh and unfeeling. Maybe the person of your dreams has had cancer, or is caring for someone with cancer. Wouldn’t want to put them off with that.

I would also not claim you want to travel if you don’t. There’s tons of people out there—find one who actually shares your interests.

Other than that bit of feedback, I wish you best of luck Sherbro.

LOL at playing Mario Kart. It's not happening buddy.
Eh you never know man. I had a friend (acquaintance actually, an ex co-worker) who met her husband that way. They met playing video games online, and decided to meet IRL. She’s a thin, cute AF bottle blonde who loves to smoke pot, play video games, and is a complete sexual deviant—dude probably thought he hit the jackpot.

Thing is, she’s poly, and by poly I mean she wants to chow every box she meets, but separate from her husband. He is not part of the kinky sexual encounters. Or her gnarly cocaine habit. Or the fact that she likes to sell pics/videos of herself doing all manner of kinky shit. Husband did not know any of this prior to marriage, and now is stuck with a cokehead-pothead-sexual freak who gets way more poon than he does. <Lmaoo>

It’s a cautionary tale, I suppose.

Legend

Prompt Question
Prompt Response
Rationale

I'm looking for:

Together we should:

Too many damn colors in your text, it looks like you should be on Grindr.

LOL at playing Mario Kart. It's not happening buddy.

If I had two beautiful blondes with big juicy breasts to play with, I definitely wouldn't play Mario Kart. They know what they're doing, they love the male gaze.

Last edited:
I think you’d have better luck searching for a meaningful relastionship with prostitute than you will picking one up with those lines.

I like that you are putting effort in , but you seem way to desperate. And most women on regular online sites imo have something wrong. With them.

Maybe try one of the pay service sites where they match you up with people.

Those actuallly have the best results i beleive. In finding. Someone with like interest these days

Eh you never know man. I had a friend (acquaintance actually, an ex co-worker) who met her husband that way. They met playing video games online, and decided to meet IRL. She’s a thin, cute AF bottle blonde who loves to smoke pot, play video games, and is a complete sexual deviant—dude probably thought he hit the jackpot.

Thing is, she’s poly, and by poly I mean she wants to chow every box she meets, but separate from her husband. He is not part of the kinky sexual encounters. Or her gnarly cocaine habit. Or the fact that she likes to sell pics/videos of herself doing all manner of kinky shit. Husband did not know any of this prior to marriage, and now is stuck with a cokehead-pothead-sexual freak who gets way more poon than he does. <Lmaoo>

It’s a cautionary tale, I suppose.

How long between Meeting and Marriage?

How long between Meeting and Marriage?
That’s a good question, I’m not really sure. I got the impression it was quick-ish. I never met her husband, but some other co-workers had and said he was kind of a fat, unattractive dude. He wasn’t particularly wealthy or anything, so I don’t think it was a gold-digging situation. Not really sure. The chick was kind of a head case (as you probably figured out lol) so I think she was just bouncing from a previous marriage into this relationship/marriage.

Online dating suxx bro. Its alot of effort to be texting dem bishes. Plus they always fucken edit the hell out of their pics so she is not gonna look like the picks. Oh yea did I mention the part where she is usually picking from a pile of 20 different dudes in her inbox.

Shits embarrassing, just talk to then in real life. They will respect you more for it and you will stand out in a sea of online daters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back