Need some low key good fights

Goddamn, that was a war.

DREAM was low key brilliant when it came to matchmaking.

I realize that this was part of a tourney, but that field was outstanding. Alvarez, Miyata, Hansen, Kawajiri, Ishida, Uno, Aoki, Cavalcante, Fermino...

Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg from UFC 172.

Two ageing warriors (Gomi was 35 years old in his 45th MMA fight, Vallie-Flagg was 42 years old) putting on a Fight of the Night war on Fox Sports prelims.

images

images

images

go back and watch individual events, like total elimination, critical countdown and final conflict 04. Then watch Shockwave 04.

Thank me later.

Semenov vs Almeida

Hardonk vs wessel

Hunt vs nishijima

Hit me with some low key good fights to watch on fight pass while i wait for pizza
Shogun vs Santos and Diabate
Anderson vs Murray for the hilarious commentators.

Not necessarily low key but just rewatched bj penn vs gsp 1, matt brown vs robbie lawler, and robbie lawler vs johnny hendricks 1. And god damn i forgot how good that lawler hendricks fight was prime robbie vs prime hendricks and the way the rounds unfolded were phenomenal.

Plus thiago santos vs anthony smith and doo ho choi vs cub swanson are super fun fights as well

Calvin Kattar vs. Shane burgos
Michinori Tanaka vs. kyung ho Kang
Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt grice
Frankie Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin
John Lineker vs. Alp Ozkilic

Last edited:
I thought Machida v Weidman was a masterclass showcase of the full skillset required for MMA. Some think it was a boring fight, but I was rubbing my nips by round 5, especially with the late Machida rally.

That Peter Yan prelim fight from UFC 232 was sick. Had almost every type of strike thrown. They were going at it.

Back