Media Neil Magny TKO Mike Malott GIFS

All Mike Malot could do is talk about getting the finish earlier in the week. He put way too much pressure on himself to perform.

Gassing yourself out in the 3rd when you are up 2-0 on the scorecards is amateur hour. These young fighters need better coaches around them.
Malott is 32 and is literally the former striking coach at Team Alpha Male. He trains at a different gym now though.

It seems like stoppages are very random.

There was a chick fight earlier that night that had the chick mounted and GnP’d for like 3 minutes straight. Why not the same treatment. I dont think he wouldve died.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif

Neil showing these kids he's not going anywhere yet.
Fuckin beautiful performance from the "old man".

worst ref in mma history!!!! stopped the fight w like 5 seconds left for those little rabbit punches that Magny was throwing!!!! that is DISGUSTING reffing. hope they fire that incompetint ref. Malott was the real winner in this fight.

Even tho he gassed at the end, i feel like Malott showed he's the best prospect right now. Has the most complete game. A matchup between him and a top 5 would be really interesting.

Props to Magny for hanging in there and getting the W. That was a strange performance by Mallot. He was fairly economical for most of the fight and didn't look gassed, but all of a sudden he had absolutely no energy to defend himself and he kind of look like he just quit. Either his conditioning/pacing is atrocious or he gave up at the first sign of adversity.

Also, the guy is 32. He isn't a hot prospect, he's a middling fighter who hadn't lost (yet) to good competition because he's never fought good competition due to inactivity/not being that good. His best win was Mickey Gall. After Magny, assuming he got to fight some top 10/top 5 guys and beat them all, looking amazing in the process, he'd need another 3-5 fights to get a title shot and would be like 35-36. The odds of that happening are like 1%.

worst ref in mma history!!!! stopped the fight w like 5 seconds left for those little rabbit punches that Magny was throwing!!!! that is DISGUSTING reffing. hope they fire that incompetint ref. Malott was the real winner in this fight.

Even tho he gassed at the end, i feel like Malott showed he's the best prospect right now. Has the most complete game. A matchup between him and a top 5 would be really interesting.
Mallot gave up and wasn't intelligently defending himself. If dude wanted to win all he had to do was not turtle and show some signs of life for 20 seconds. He also laid on the ground for minutes post-loss, so either he was exhausted or damaged.

At least 2 punches hit the back of the had. The fight shoud be a NC.

Can’t remember the last time I saw a tko from mount on the big stage like this

LOL

Props to Magny for hanging in there and getting the W. That was a strange performance by Mallot. He was fairly economical for most of the fight and didn't look gassed, but all of a sudden he had absolutely no energy to defend himself and he kind of look like he just quit. Either his conditioning/pacing is atrocious or he gave up at the first sign of adversity.

Also, the guy is 32. He isn't a hot prospect, he's a middling fighter who hadn't lost (yet) to good competition because he's never fought good competition due to inactivity/not being that good. His best win was Mickey Gall. After Magny, assuming he got to fight some top 10/top 5 guys and beat them all, looking amazing in the process, he'd need another 3-5 fights to get a title shot and would be like 35-36. The odds of that happening are like 1%.

it's just a fluke loss. Magny is no where near his skill level. that bum ref might have just destroyed his career. the first ranked opponent match up is so critical, it's like a title fight, ref needs to give the fighter every opportunity to continue that fight.

32 is not old. Malott is good, dominates his opponents in all facets of MMA and has a high finish rate. I want to see where this guys ceiling is, but now we gotta watch him go back to crushing cans in limbo

Magny should've got a Knockout of the Night Bonus.

<{titihmm}>

RIP Canadian MMA, single handedly wiped out at the hands of Neil Magny.

It seems like stoppages are very random.

There was a chick fight earlier that night that had the chick mounted and GnP’d for like 3 minutes straight. Why not the same treatment. I dont think he wouldve died.

Lol at comparing WMMA to Neil magny, they are women she could land 1000 punches and the other girl would be fine. More a testament to how they couldn’t bust a grape than anything

it's just a fluke loss. Magny is no where near his skill level. that bum ref might have just destroyed his career. the first ranked opponent match up is so critical, it's like a title fight, ref needs to give the fighter every opportunity to continue that fight.

32 is not old. Malott is good, dominates his opponents in all facets of MMA and has a high finish rate. I want to see where this guys ceiling is, but now we gotta watch him go back to crushing cans in limbo
We saw his ceiling. Maybe he should try curling.

Back