Nelson doesn't wrap his hands?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Did they say at the post fight press conference that he doesn't wrap his hands? Is that legal? Seems like it'd be a safety issue for not only him but also his opponent

Interesting. Didnt hear it but Id like to know if its true.

Isn't that regulated by the AC? Doubt you can fight without wraps.

How exactly would it be a safety issue for his opponent? Your hands are heavier and harder when wrapped, plus your wrists are much more solid.

Not sure how he'd get past the officials and rules without wraps. Then again, wasn't this event regulate by the UFC itself?

I was never able to fight without wraps. Im not sure why someone would want to kfight without wraps. Maybe grappling?

Sparring probably

he said he never has wraps. sounds pretty legit

Thin hand wraps make you throw at 70%, don't you know? No handwraps would be like throwing paper hands.

I remember Ryan Hall asking for a specific style of wrapping when he was on the Ultimate fighter

edit: Heres the link

Only for this fight. He's probably more at risk of breaking his hands more than anything.

They said during the broadcast that the commission and the UFC allowed it.

For those who asked he stated in the presser that it allows him to use his hands more and that he's never broken them before to which Overeem looked at him and chortled, "not yet"

How exactly would it be a safety issue for his opponent? Your hands are heavier and harder when wrapped, plus your wrists are much more solid.
But what if he brought the wraps into the cage to strangle him with??

he puts himself at a disadvantage so who cares

I know Royce Gracie didnt have any wraps during his fight with Matt Hughes. He wore only gloves. Maybe it is up to each athletic commission whether or not the fighter has that choice.

Oh I thought that is illegal?

Back