Nevada Commission: Alexa Grasso Knees Were Legal at Noche UFC

Perfectly legal. Its too bad she couldn't get more leverage on them

IKWp0k3.gif
Great gif, well played by Grasso and the ref.

Valentina was desperate and knew she was close to getting finished so she desperately was touching the ground and looking at the ref for a hail mary pass. Then she goes on the media after the fight to claim Alexa cheated because she knee'd her while her hands were on the ground. Glad this has been cleared up to expose yet another sour grapes by the narcissistic pathological liar.

People keep saying Valentina won the round cause those missed, but they look pretty on-point to me

A couple were solid, a couple were grazing and a couple missed. Still, a grazing knee sucks and it was the most memorable sequence from the round.

Stroking the canvas with her fingertips, it's hardly the stuff of legends, what was she thinking?

The rule about "weight-bearing" is dumb because there's no way to measure or specify how much weight should be going through the arm for it to count

Hand on the ground should simply not count as a grounded opponent, only knees/thighs, body, head, and biceps/elbows touching the ground should count
Better idea: Just allow knees to a grounded opponent. They're no worse than any number of other strikes that are 100% legal
I didn't watch the fight but this is the first I heard of disputed knees. Where they ever in question to begin with or were people not talking about it near as much as the 10-8 stuff and the draw?
Some Shevchenko fans have developed a really nasty yeast infection. Jon Anik said the knees were legal as soon as they happened.

I thought they were legal because the hand sorta came up while she was kneeing a la Moose vs Weedman... but the commission confirms her hand WAS touching the ground there just wasnt enough weight on it...

Which is a pretty bullshit rule IMO, how is the ref going to determine that in the heat of the moment? They just need to throw away these retarded rules and only a knee on the ground should count as grounded opponent

I didn't watch the fight but this is the first I heard of disputed knees. Where they ever in question to begin with or were people not talking about it near as much as the 10-8 stuff and the draw?
As a Grasso supporter I was yelling about them being illegal cause I try to judge without bias while still rooting for one side, but that's between the rules varying by location and me not knowing them well enough

As I said when everyone was crying over Yan kneeing Aljo, if it was a split second before or after the hand was on the mat, and it was a half inch off the ground, you'd be celebrating it. Instead, you called Yan a cheater when he clearly wanted to time the knee like this. So now someone's hand was possibly just barely off the mat and you're acting like knees are no big deal.

People keep saying Valentina won the round cause those missed, but they look pretty on-point to me
They also said that Val allowed the knees, so they don't actually count.

The rule about "weight-bearing" is dumb because there's no way to measure or specify how much weight should be going through the arm for it to count
I bet the SmartCage™ could figure it out. If only Dana were smart enough to use one...

Look closer - they're all going by her head, not impacting it directly. Only the second knee actually drives into Valentina's head, and doesn't look all that damaging. The rest are misses - sliding past the head, hitting her shoulder, hitting Grasso's own arm (knee #3), and so on.

Nobody was even questioning that. Did they comment on Mike Bell’s absurd scorecard?

Back