Media New Chimaev interview: confirms head-hunted for 300, weight cut to 170 stopped it, ready to do it with a camp

why would he constantly change weight class? fluctuate weight up and down can't be good for your body. why not get the middle weight belt first then worry about ww

So why doesn't he live in Chechnya?
Well I think he will be even more unmarketable for the UFC as Khamzat is close to the Chechen leader Kadyrov who is directly involved in Ukraine with his Achmat batalions killing American and other western volunteers and participating in the genocides there such as the Bucha massacre.

but you don't think Belal will make a big deal about it? or Ariel? i know Ariel is Jewish but he loves to do that kind of shit to the UFC any chance he can get.
Belal may not yet understand what is going on. There's a reason PR accounts are pushing 'he's so boring though! decisions!!' while the same accounts were justifying, without irony, a 3rd Colby title shot. The goal of the UFC PR is to make it look organic, and it has been somewhat successful since that "don't ever give him a title shot! lol what is his name?" refrain has been adopted by fans who followed the marketing. Belal may think it is normal politics as opposed to politics specific to his nationality.

I think Belal might only get a hint of what the deal is if he wins another fight and then nothing happens. They may force him to fight Shavkat for instance while Leon sits on a couch. If he won that fight (don't think he would but if) then it'd be very clear when the UFC (not Leon) would then erect yet another roadblock.

Ariel can't say anything really because it is essentially impossible to explain WHY something is NOT happening. As long as the UFC provides an alternate explanation publicly (the "he's too boring" line in other words) they'll maintain deniability. Considering the family history that I just posted of the CEO of the organization, I'd bet the house on it... Belal will never get a title shot, no matter what.

Last edited:
Wow, what a GOAT.
So he was offered a spot at UFC 300, but ducked everyone at 185 Ibs, so couldn't do it?

What happened to 'Alluha Akbar, I keel everybody!'
(Except if they same size or bigger than me)
He can’t even fight in the US. He’s never getting a title shot until his visa issues are cleared up.

Chimmy needs to become an assassin Pitbull, defeat his Master and become the new Kang

Then he can come fight in Vegas

I believe that he can still make WW. He made 170 ten days after weighing in at 185, I’m no weight cutting expert but I can’t imagine that would be as easy as he made it look if the cut to 170 was as hard for him as many seem to think.

I think he’s telling the truth when he says that he was told to rehydrate at UFC 279. I just think the UFC is reluctant to let him fight at WW because they don’t want to risk him screwing everything up again.

For a guy who says he will fight anyone, Anywhere, anytime,

Sure has quite a number of excuses to not fight.

Anytime? has failed that
Anywhere? Only in Saudi . Seems legally not allowed to fight in USA
Anyone? Blames others for not signing.
But it's widely known he won't sign the paper. Then comes the excuses

Back