new guy in class had what looked like chicken pox on arms

Chazz Reinhold

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
so today I got paired up with a new guy in class. in the summer we go no gi all the time. the new guy had these dots all over his arms. reminded me of chicken pox that I had back in 1984. I was really hesitant to touch him as we were sweating. I immediately showered when I got home.

should I say something to the professor so he can ask if the guy has anything contagious?? im 46 and not really looking to get the shingles.

I would of definitely asked about it, you could do it in a friendly but inquisitive manner. That's irresponsible for himself and all his teammates if he is training with a disease that can possibly spread.

the guy was a bit off. I didn't notice till we were doing under hooks drill and by then we were all sweaty from warm ups. then I turned into Howie mandel full on germophobe.

Yup. I had a guy with the chickenpox arms as a rolling partner before. I just asked him what it was. I can't remember what he said but it wasn't contagious.

The best part of gi BJJ is the coat over the rash guard keeping you from noticing that kind of shit.

Would you fuck a crack whore raw? Ask dummy. It may be psoriasis, but you probably have AIDS now.

31C42jAGjkL._SY355_.jpg

so today I got paired up with a new guy in class. in the summer we go no gi all the time. the new guy had these dots all over his arms. reminded me of chicken pox that I had back in 1984. I was really hesitant to touch him as we were sweating. I immediately showered when I got home.

should I say something to the professor so he can ask if the guy has anything contagious?? im 46 and not really looking to get the shingles.

FWIW, you already have the dormant virus for shingles from when you had chicken pox. New exposure will not increase risk.

You don't need to joke, ask indirectly, or whatever - you're almost 50; ask him what the fuck is on his arm and might as well ask if he has the bug while you're at it.

Hell, if some dipshit comes in and doesn't clip his nails I'll tell him it's a problem, you better believe some dotted shit is going to have me speak up.

<31>
there's always one person that makes coach give the stinky talk.. doesn't matter if it's middle school or adult bjj<Prem973>

As others have said. Just straight up ask what the fuck if going in with his arms. It's for the health of the gym and yourself.

The gym I train at is boiling hot. This summer we had a heat wave and I developed Rosea which is a non contagious sweat rash. Looks like chicken pox.

Too late bruh, you already caught teh aids from him while rolling

The gym I train at is boiling hot. This summer we had a heat wave and I developed Rosea which is a non contagious sweat rash. Looks like chicken pox.
that might be it. but highly doubt it as this is a new guy only his second class.

that might be it. but highly doubt it as this is a new guy only his second class.
Is he wearing a gi? You sweat your balls off in those. Look up Rosea on google. Its like dime shaped slightly raised bumps. Babies get it alot. From excessive sweating. Luckily nobody has seen mine but i had to wear a t-shirt all summer. Isnt contagious. Goes away in about a year.

I thought I had melanoma.

Back