Ngannou doesnt train on the ground...says Rogan

There's zero chance that he does no grappling training at all. This is bullshit to try to get the hypetrain started again. Just wait to see him again now that he realizes he actually has to train grappling! OMG!!!

He got beat by a better, more experience, more well rounded fighter. It's not a surprise. He'll fight for the title again.

Because Ngannou's coaches said he doesn't train wrestling Rogan smokes crack huh? jesus christ this forum has been shit for so long lol.

No, because Rogan is a huge drug addict. Duh.

And what mma forum is better then sherdog. Im interested in a new place

Head coach at the performance institute

lol1.gif
Which one?
Just bleed guy or doobie and beer guy in the foreground?

He’s been training for like 5 years. Even if he had been training ground stuff, it wouldn’t be enough to stop someone that’s been wrestling their whole life.
Why can't he pick up stuff in 5 years? 5 years is a long time. What can he pick up in 10 years that he can't pick up in 5?

Because Ngannou's coaches said he doesn't train wrestling Rogan smokes crack huh? jesus christ this forum has been shit for so long lol.
Maybe he thinks that cause rogan is seemingly cosigning this horseshit...I don't know bro

I think Rogan smokes crack....

nah crack doesnt actually make you crazy. it is the homeless desolate existence combined with crack that makes people break.

that said. Rogan is smoking crack.

He has 4 submission wins including a Kimura. I call bullshit. Whatever the excuse stipe was just better.

We noticed.

Lol exactly, N'Gannou went into this fight going "Wrestling? Takedown defense? Don't need it!" Love the man, but to neglect wrestling and his overall ground game to bank on landing one shot was boneheaded by both him and his team. If they weren't being yes men hyping him up, they would have drilled Takedown defense and how not to throw himself off balance throwing long punches.

Why can't he pick up stuff in 5 years? 5 years is a long time. What can he pick up in 10 years that he can't pick up in 5?
This....

We possibly have seen the zenith of ngannou's abilities (which is still saying something of course)

Everybody keeps acting like he's going to pick up cardio, wrestling and a ground game like those can't be inborn skills and abilities like strength and power...you can pick up new technique and refine your skill, but time and time again fighters have shown their bread and butter fighting style to be more based on their natural abilities

So maybe franc can pick up some tricks and improves cardio...but i wouldn't bat an eye if we found out in retrospect that what got him to the dance in the first place was his strong suit

But have they explained the towel bullshit they were doing between rounds?

He’s been training for like 5 years. Even if he had been training ground stuff, it wouldn’t be enough to stop someone that’s been wrestling their whole life.
What?

Of course he could beat a wrestler if he trained the ground for five years. Wrestling is primarily used as a takedown tool.

You can't be a serious MMA competitor and not train on the ground. It's mandatory, and now we see why. I think they see the HW division as a let's bang division, and thought they could get away with it by him being so large, and heavy handed. Failing to have a ground game will always catch up to you.

Stipe is not exactly a ground wizard himself. Any little bit would have helped him; especially knowing how to retain guard.

No, he said ground game. Ngannou clearly trains take-down defense. He clearly is a novice on the ground.

You idiots don't know the difference between these terms. Every kind of grappling is just wrestling to you.

So, he doesn't train on the ground, and he is not even a good striker (very bad form).

It is a amazing how somebody with so little athletic experience can just train a couple of years and contend in the UFC.

The talent pool in MMA is so shallow. I don't respect any of these so called "HW GOATs."
He may not have the best fundamentalselection but he's physical characteristics and instincts that got him pretty far....it's not like he's champ now, so I guess it only worked up until a point

I don't call the NFL a shallow talent pool when they've had guys come into the league that played very little or never played college football, or played a different sport, or played rugby or were from a foreign country but we're physical specimens

This....

We possibly have seen the zenith of ngannou's abilities (which is still saying something of course)

Everybody keeps acting like he's going to pick up cardio, wrestling and a ground game like those can't be inborn skills and abilities like strength and power...you can pick up new technique and refine your skill, but time and time again fighters have shown their bread and butter fighting style to be more based on their natural abilities

So maybe franc can pick up some tricks and improves cardio...but i wouldn't bat an eye if we found out in retrospect that what got him to the dance in the first place was his strong suit
No, he needs the basics of BJJ. You can get really good at BJJ in five years; just like you can get really good at takedown defense in five years. He didn't display any understanding of the guard, and how to properly escape certain positions. It was UFC 1 all over again.

Back