Ngannou = JDS 2.0?

How can somebody less well rounded with worse technique be the 2.0 version? I guess it happens, but that usually leads to people losing their jobs and rebranding of the product for the 3.0 version.

Never bought in to the hype . Overeem is an absolute legend but on the other hand he’s been slept 15 + times.

This is insulting. JDS was HW champ, defended it, then fought for it another 2 times.

Francis has 1 impressive win and that is over Blaydes. He beat Arlovski and Overeem whom both have been KO'd several times and are way past it. Dominated by Stipe and threw 4 punches against Lewis. He will probably be KO'd in his next fight.
The Overeem KO was impressive,regardless,otherwise I agree.

Nah. JDS wasn't mentally bothered at all by his loss to Cain. In fact, he was so unshaken that he went into the third fight with Cain without even changing his gameplan that much. He went to war with Stipe and Hunt. JDS deteriorated physically over several years, just at a higher pace than most HW. He also didn't seem to be sharpening his game that much.

Francis didn't take near as much damage but he is completely shaken mentally. From this point he could go right back to destroying people or he could maybe never get his mojo quite back. We'll see. It seems silly to completely write him off though. Look at the history of the HW division. Remember that Arlovski/Sylvia fight? The hurdle Francis has to get over is far from impossible. It's not like the division is full of people to replace him.

Just want to make it clear Im a huge JDS fan and Ive always rooted for him and consider him one of the best HWs of all time, I was trying to make a comparison of Ngannous situation
His performance against Lewis was almost as frustrating as JDSs in the Overeem fight you just want the fighter to pull the trigger and they never do the Overeem loss still leaves a sour taste

Nah, JDS is actually good at defending takedowns.

Just want to make it clear Im a huge JDS fan and Ive always rooted for him and consider him one of the best HWs of all time, I was trying to make a comparison of Ngannous situation
His performance against Lewis was almost as frustrating as JDSs in the Overeem fight you just want the fighter to pull the trigger and they never do the Overeem loss still leaves a sour taste

He came back and beat up Rothwell after the Overeem fight.

Back