Ngannou vs Wilder next?

nnganou needs to avoid wilder.

he should face that giant chinese heavyweiht "big bang" zhang that fought right before his fight against joe parker.

that guy hits hard but nnganou may have a small chance against a decent ranked heavy who is 40+,slow, and runs out of gas.

That AJ fight was so brutal and sobering that its seriously hurt interest in seeing Francis fight again in either sport tbh.

As much as I wanted to see PFL become a player, they've gotten murdered in a vs Bellator card, had a major main event end because of a toe injury, and their biggest signing ever had his stock plummet before he ever had a fight for them. Its not going great so far is it?
You're being harsch for no reason.

• Who cares if they lost to Bellator? They own both rosters now.
  • Their last Paris card (full of bums outside main and co main) sold out 20000 seats in minutes, and attracted as much attention as a BIG UFC PPV card going on 2 days later (and they spent much less money).
  • Ngannou's stock is higher now than when he signed with PFL, AND now that he lost badly in boxing, he will likely turn to MMA to rebuild his confidence.
I would say it's going fine for them.

1710259655622.png

No, he just got knocked out so needs to fight someone who isn’t a ko artist.

If he's going to stay in boxing he could do with a step down and fight in an event where he's not the headliner. If he only cares about money then yeah sure why not let Wilder knock his head into the nosebleeds.

You have to hand it to him, taking on Wilder, AJ and Fury is as high a level of competition in 3 pro fights that anyone's probably ever faced. I guess he's older and thought he'd give it a proper crack quickly, he's always got the PFL to go back to.

Wilder's ol "1 2" bread and butter of boxing and he excels at it.
Francis and Wilder were in talks for an MMA fight... that's the Only Way the Predator should fight Deontay.

Fury was a financial gift - AJ was a harsh reality. Francis hopefully learned he has no legit chance beating Any Top 10 HW boxer.

His manager should prevent any future fights not done in a cage. Francis is proven almost unstoppable when using all of his weapons.

This is the worst matchup for him in HW boxing. At least Zhang is slow and loves to donate rounds to his opponent. Wilder is fast and more powerful and thats a combination I don't really see Francis dealing with under any circumstances.

Given the spectacle of "power v power" this is probably the biggest money fight for Francis. If he takes this fight it really means the money is his top priority even over his own health.

This is the worst matchup for him in HW boxing. At least Zhang is slow and loves to donate rounds to his opponent. Wilder is fast and more powerful and thats a combination I don't really see Francis dealing with under any circumstances.

Given the spectacle of "power v power" this is probably the biggest money fight for Francis. If he takes this fight it really means the money is his top priority even over his own health.

No I think Joshua was the worst possible match up for Francis. At least with wilder, he’s so poor when he being backed up that Francis does have a punchers chance. He had no chance with joshua, his fundamentals are too good. Not that I think ngannou winning likely but even wilder isn’t gonna KO Francis any Worse than Joshua. The 2 fighters wilders fought with proper solid whiskers, he hasn’t been able to knock out. And that 3rd knockdown is as hard a right hand as I’ve ever seen land

He won't step into the boxing ring with Wilder. Even prior to getting splattered by AJ he only wanted Wilder in a mixed rules MMA bout.

No I think Joshua was the worst possible match up for Francis. At least with wilder, he’s so poor when he being backed up that Francis does have a punchers chance. He had no chance with joshua, his fundamentals are too good. Not that I think it’s likely but even wilder isn’t gonna KO Francis any Wooster than Joshua. The 2 fighters he’s fought with proper solid whiskers, he hasn’t been able to knock out. And that 3rd knockdown is as hard a right hand as I’ve ever seen land

Well they are 1-2 for sure. My logic is at least with AJ Francis had more power. Thats something. Against Wilder I don't really see a logical path to how that ends well for Francis. And by well mean I mean going the distance not winning.

I think if you're implying AJ hits harder than Wilder your overreacting to a brutal KO. Wilder has the highest KO rate. Ever. AJ was empowered to swing for the fences cause Francis tried to be cute and switch his stance. Not that its a valid excuse for Francis losing but it is a valid excuse for the fight being as quick as it was.

Well they are 1-2 for sure. My logic is at least with AJ Francis had more power. Thats something. Against Wilder I don't really see a logical path to how that ends well for Francis. And by well mean I mean going the distance not winning.

I think if you're implying AJ hits harder than Wilder your overreacting to a brutal KO. Wilder has the highest KO rate. Ever. AJ was empowered to swing for the fences cause Francis tried to be cute and switch his stance. Not that its a valid excuse for Francis losing but it is a valid excuse for the fight being as quick as it was.

Ngannou doesn’t hit as hard as Joshua. That’s absolute nonsense. My point is Joshua has great fundamentals and shape. He would struggle to land anything meaningful on Joshua. Wilder literally falls over his feet when he’s pushed back, Francis at least has a punchers chance early

I’m not saying Joshua hits harder, but he’s a far better boxer and finds the target much more often than wilder. Wilder is a can crusher, who hasn’t been able to knock out the only world class fighters he’s fought, over 4 fights as well. Joshua’s knocked out povetkin, wlad, pulev. Genuine quality operators who have only ever been stopped 6 times in about 150 fights and he knocked them all out. Wilders victims are cans and journeymen, and even then it generally takes him half the fight to even land his bomb.

Ngannou doesn’t hit as hard as Joshua. That’s absolute nonsense. My point is Joshua has great fundamentals and shape. He would struggle to land anything meaningful on Joshua. Wilder literally falls over his feet when he’s pushed back, Francis at least has a punchers chance early

I’m not saying Joshua hits harder, but he’s a far better boxer and finds the target much more often than wilder. Wilder is a can crusher, who hasn’t been able to knock out the only world class fighters he’s fought, over 4 fights as well. Joshua’s knocked out povetkin, wlad, pulev. Genuine quality operators who have only ever been stopped 6 times in about 150 fights and he knocked them all out. Wilders victims are cans and journeymen, and even then it generally takes him half the fight to even land his bomb.
Wilder has more one-punch power in his right hand but overall he isn't the better puncher. AJ has big power in both hands, every type of shot, and he can also get guys out of there with one shot. More importantly AJ is one of the best finishers in boxing. Wilder's a terrible finisher. He relies on his one-shot KO power to do the job.

Wilder has more one-punch power in his right hand but overall he isn't the better puncher. AJ has big power in both hands, every type of shot, and he can also get guys out of there with one shot. More importantly AJ is one of the best finishers in boxing. Wilder's a terrible finisher. He relies on his one-shot KO power to do the job.

Absolutely, his right hand is one of the most destructive single punches in the history of the sport. But it’s misconception that it’s over as soon as it lands. Against big guys with slow feet (breazealle/helanius type fighters) he’s a fuckin nightmare. But as we saw with Parker, a few feints and a bit of footwork and he hardly ever lands it. Most of his defences ended mid to late rounds, all against poor opposition except Ortiz.

As you say Joshua hits hard with both hands, with every type of shot. It makes him a far more complicated opponent than wilder straight off the bat. I don’t think for a minute that francis beats wilder but he has a punchers chance against anyone that doesn’t have good shape and fundamentals. However He falls in to that big dude/slow feet category that is literally wilders bread and butter.

I think he'd had MORE chance against Wilder because they'd happily throw haymaker for haymaker.

Back