Ngannou's Knee

Oblique kicks are a legit technique.
It's up to every fighter to learn the defense for it sir.
I understand they're a legit technique but I don't think they should be. The potential for permanent damage is much higher than say a 12-6 elbow or back of the head shots which are also banned. Also note how nobody but Jon does them. I think it's because he's an unscrupulous psychopath whereas most people feel kinda shitty using a legal but greasy kick and hyper extending someone's knee like that.

I understand they're a legit technique but I don't think they should be. The potential for permanent damage is much higher than say a 12-6 elbow or back of the head shots which are also banned. Also note how nobody but Jon does them. I think it's because he's an unscrupulous psychopath whereas most people feel kinda shitty using a legal but greasy kick and hyper extending someone's knee like that.
One person has had a real injury from it sir.
It certainly wasn't a career altering injury.

Guys blow out their knees in practice all the time, should we ban practice sir?...Im being a bit of a smartass...but seriously.

Guys blow out their knees in practice all the time, should we ban practice sir?...Im being a bit of a smartass...but seriously.
I understand your point, but there also haven't been any career ending injuries from fish hooks or small joint manipulation etc. Some moves should be banned not JUST because of the potential for injury because the sport is inherently dangerous but just because they're shitty and have no practical purpose other than to damage a joint. Difference of opinion I guess but I'm firmly against that maneuver as I feel it falls into the same category as the other moves that are just greasy and shouldn't be permitted in the sport.

I understand your point, but there also haven't been any career ending injuries from fish hooks or small joint manipulation etc. Some moves should be banned not JUST because of the potential for injury because the sport is inherently dangerous but just because they're shitty and have no practical purpose other than to damage a joint. Difference of opinion I guess but I'm firmly against that maneuver as I feel it falls into the same category as the other moves that are just greasy and shouldn't be permitted in the sport.

And no career ending injuries would happen even if fish hooking was allowed though sir.
If people keep taking techniques away it'll get ridiculous.

Punching in boxing has killed more people in 1 year than MMAs history.

MMA is safer than football, even with the new rules.

Jon is a dirty, sadistic fighter. He would punish that knee with a smile on his face.
If the technique is legal it isn’t dirty. It’s an intense sport. Robert Whitaker smiled when he learned he injured Till’s knee with a side kick. Don’t hate the players, hate the game.

And no career ending injuries would happen even if fish hooking was allowed though sir.
If people keep taking techniques away it'll get ridiculous.

Punching in boxing has killed more people in 1 year than MMAs history.

MMA is safer than football, even with the new rules.
I don't disagree with anything you've said except I still think oblique kicks are a shitty move that should be banned. I don't think we'll find common ground on this one lol.

upload_2023-4-15_16-30-20.jpeg

All the reports are consistent, Jones wanted the fight and Ngannou wanted out. To be fair Ngannou didn’t leave because of Jones, he wanted his freedom and a big money boxing fight.

Let’s clear this up, neither Jones or Ngannou is a duck, they are pro fighters with a combined 50 fights, champions, and have fought the best fighters in the world. I don’t think they are afraid of any man in the cage.
Where is this big boxing money fight anyway? He's been gone for almost 6 months and nothing inked? Why?

Where is this big boxing money fight anyway? He's been gone for almost 6 months and nothing inked? Why?
No idea, maybe the markets not what he thought it was or maybe he’s getting close. Sort of curious to see how that all thrns out for him.

No idea, maybe the markets not what he thought it was or maybe he’s getting close. Sort of curious to see how that all thrns out for him.
All I know is if Connor became a free agent today. He would have gotten several offers yesterday. For BIG money. I just think Ngannou isnt as big as he thinks.

Well if you were Francis, would you want to take a Jon Jones leg kick?

Jon Jones is world famous for leg kick KO's, and has frequently left fighters crumpled on the canvas.

Some have never walked again, or so they say.
Not once has Jon knocked someone out cold with leg kicks lmao now if you were talking about Cro Cop, you might be onto something.

Back