NHL 22 - To the Deadline and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namestnikov has gone from Ottawa, to New York, to Detroit, to Dallas, to Tampa, to San Jose.

Poor guy can't find a home.

Wait, that's all it took for Ottawa to get Chickenrun?

They should have shipped him off earlier. That being said, Ottawa could miss the playoffs so that first theoretically has a chance of being in the top 6-10 which is FAR more valuable than anything Edmonton, LA, Toronto, or Carolina could offer plus Ottawa didn't ask for AZ to retain salary or take back a contract, something most other contending teams interested couldn't do.

People forget the separation between a top 10 pick and a 20-30 pick is massive.

Wait, that's all it took for Ottawa to get Chickenrun?
Wouldn't take back a bad contract or eat salary. Add in the fact they made it obvious they wanted him gone, and you get what you get.

The quick trade basically made LA a favorite in the west. Gavrikov and Mikey Anderson probably make the best shutdown pairing in the league and basically fuckks up Colorado and Edmonton zone entry style. Plus korpisalo ranks in the top 10 is goals saved above average since December and can be a beast in the playoffs. Where they seriously fucked up was not notifying Quick or the team beforehand. Hope it doesn't ruin the teams morale

Carolinas first round pick is now number 3 on the trade board below Bertuzzi and JVR
JVR and Boeser are the most likely still to go. Looking like Bert is staying in Detroit.

It'll probably end up a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, with some 5th, 6th and 7th d-men being WAY overpaid for.

JVR and Boeser are the most likely still to go. Looking like Bert is staying in Detroit.

It'll probably end up a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, with some 5th, 6th and 7th d-men being WAY overpaid for.

I'm betting Bert ends up in Carolina. I'm also going to bet Vejmelka gets moved.

Long shot bet would be Konecny to wpg.

I'm betting Bert ends up in Carolina

not-listening.gif

Penguin fans, what do you make of them reportedly being interested in JT Miller? I get that their window isn't closed until 87 retires but that's a long shitty contract.

Jeannot return was nuts...Poile and Trotz are still at it..burning it down:

He's setting Trotz up with a clean slate and a lot of draft picks. We'll get to see what Trotz can do.

Penguin fans, what do you make of them reportedly being interested in JT Miller? I get that their window isn't closed until 87 retires but that's a long shitty contract.

He's setting Trotz up with a clean slate and a lot of draft picks. We'll get to see what Trotz can do.
No cap space and shit for prospects. Would have been a much better pick up than Granlund though.

Is the Wests strategy just to hope whoever comes of the EAst is too bloody and battered to compete?

Looks like I was wrong about Bert. Going to the Bruins for a protected 1st and a 4th.

Looks like I was wrong about Bert. Going to the Bruins for a protected 1st and a 4th.

Plus salary retention which doesn't mean much considering he is a UFA and Boston is going to scam the LTIR with Hall or Foligno or both. Funny how Detroit is banking on Boston falling off hard next year...but this year they are the clear cup fans

This one hurts as a leafs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back