NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Hell of a performance by Thompson and made Dallas earn that win.

So this is the part where the Leafs pull two games out of their asses, and then get shut down in a pathetic low energy effort in game 7, right?

Personally, I hope they get shelled 7-0 on Monday, and put any optimism for this core to bed. Marner, and/or Tavaras must go(not to mention the entire coaching staff). I'd say Nylander too, but the idiots just re-upped him, so he's safe.

So this is the part where the Leafs pull two games out of their asses, and then get shut down in a pathetic low energy effort in game 7, right?

Personally, I hope they get shelled 7-0 on Monday, and put any optimism for this core to bed. Marner, and/or Tavaras must go(not to mention the entire coaching staff). I'd say Nylander too, but the idiots just re-upped him, so he's safe.
Leafs are stuck with all of them thanks to no trade clauses, unless they want out.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM is out Monday due to "illness" and maybe even Marner or Willie again.

Leafs won a playoff series last year so they aren't due for another win for another 20 years.

Leafs are apparently 20-34 in playoff series since they last won the cup in 1967.

Oilers are 13-14 since they last won the cup in 1990.
Flames are 6-16 since they won the cup in 1989.
Canadiens are 6-17 since they last won the cup in 1993.
Senators are 11-16 since they were founded in 1993.
Canucks are 18-29 since they were founded in 1971
Jets are 3-7 since the Thrashers moved there. Were 5-20 as the old team. 8-27 combined.

Oilers apparently have the best conversion even though they were typically trash until recently since their cup winning days. Kind of funny.

Last edited:
Hoping for a CHOKEHOLD after today.

DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME, SKINNER

I remember when people thought the Hyman signing was a horrible move and contract.
NEVER FORGET

happy-42-goals-to-one-of-the-worst-contracts-in-nhl-history-v0-olwfvynox8mc1.png

Halttunen is a monster

oh no. i guess casey desmith is now injured and arturs silovs is getting the start for vancouver.

i think i have more confidence in the leafs zamboni driver. is he still available?

and tyler myers is returning today. oh man i don't like our chances for this one.

Helly pulled. The potential Vezina winner has looked like anything but this series.

Helly pulled. The potential Vezina winner has looked like anything but this series.
Hilarious that the Winnipeg crowd chanted "pull your goalie" in a 7-6 game one. In fairness, the Avs have outshot the hell out of the Jets in the series so it's not all on Helle, but taunting the Avs goalie was not a good move in hindsight. Lmao

oh no. i guess casey desmith is now injured and arturs silovs is getting the start for vancouver.

i think i have more confidence in the leafs zamboni driver. is he still available?
Someone in that organization must have been practicing blood magic.

Seems like reliable elite goaltending is hard to come by these days. I'm not actually sure what team has reliable elite goaltending. I'm not as familiar with eastern teams.

Back