NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

So apparently the Devils wanted to give Toffoli a new deal (wtf) and couldn't come to an agreement over money and term (thankfully), so he's definitely one to watch for the deadline. It's a lost season, playoff chances below 10% and probably even lower after the next two games, time to recoup some assets that went away in trades like for Meier. Also good to have ammunition for a goalie trade in summer.
Preds and Red Wings have some space in cap, maybe they are interested in Toffoli. (out of teams that are in playoff spots that is)

So apparently the Devils wanted to give Toffoli a new deal (wtf) and couldn't come to an agreement over money and term (thankfully), so he's definitely one to watch for the deadline. It's a lost season, playoff chances below 10% and probably even lower after the next two games, time to recoup some assets that went away in trades like for Meier. Also good to have ammunition for a goalie trade in summer.
Blows my mind that they might not make the playoffs. Holy fuck. I had them as a dangerous playoff opponent this year.

Blows my mind that they might not make the playoffs. Holy fuck. I had them as a dangerous playoff opponent this year.
Injuries, goaltending, young defense, Ruff etc. did them in. If they make the right moves, they should be good next year. What makes me sad is that Jack Hughes just seems very injury prone, hope they can fix his shoulder issues for good.

Injuries, goaltending, young defense, Ruff etc. did them in. If they make the right moves, they should be good next year. What makes me sad is that Jack Hughes just seems very injury prone, hope they can fix his shoulder issues for good.
Getting rid of Ruff was a good start, but having Greene as the head coach would be a bad idea - see his time in Vancouver. They need to figure out their goaltending or they aren't going anywhere.

Hughes has talent, but is just so damn small at only 175lbs. He can't take the hits.

Getting rid of Ruff was a good start, but having Greene as the head coach would be a bad idea - see his time in Vancouver. They need to figure out their goaltending or they aren't going anywhere.

Hughes has talent, but is just so damn small at only 175lbs. He can't take the hits.
He already made some controversial decisions and he only coached one game lol, doubt he is in the plan for the future at all. I agree, sadly that will be very tough and very expensive to fix. Markström is already 34, Saros 29 but will be even more expensive. I mean you can always be smart in hindsight, but a lot of Devils fans wanted Askarov in 2020 and Holtz hasn't worked out as of yet.

He's so awesome when healthy, but that's barely ever the case it seems.

And Colorado adds even more, this time toughness in Brandon Duhaime. Scary good team if, and it is a big if, the goaltending can hold up.

And Colorado adds even more, this time toughness in Brandon Duhaime. Scary good team if, and it is a big if, the goaltending can hold up.
Georgi better numbers than his Rangers days and Annunen while just 6 games this season, 0.92% save percentage. Looks promising.

5 of the 6 current betting favourites for the cup are in the western conference...

Not sure if anyone cares, but this dude has been making a 4 part documentary on the Oilers decade of darkness. (Part 3 just came out)
I'll well over it now, but it's nice to hit the time machine and see what a dump this team was for 10 years lol

So this is a trade I guess...

His brother was better

GIFdVVlWcAA7l0B

Word is the Pens and Rangers are talking about Guentzel. Kaako would be part of the package

Toffoli isn't playing tonight, so he's 100% gone. It seems like the Kings are the frontrunners.

Guentzel to Carolina apparent. Bunting likely to go the other way, he apparently just got scratched

Back