NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

the leafs better not start leafing tonight.

oh shit nvm they aint playing tonight. i thought they were.

I haven't watched a game in that series yet. Not sure if the Avs are just looking great, or the Jets are just looking terrible. Either way, the Jets are done it seems, especially with Helleybuyck not able to stop a beach ball right now.

Until the last game, the Avs haven't looked great, imo. Winning despite the goalie. Makar has turned it on. I thought he looked a bit reserved the first few games, but the last 2 he's been awesome

i shudder just to think about that remembering those years ago when all of these goals got called back just because a random players skate blade happened to be inside the crease. they werent even interfering with the goalie or anything, a part of their skate blade just happened to glance through the crease somewhere around the time when the puck went in. so many clean goals got disallowed. so many outcomes of games was determined. it's about the dumbest rule i've seen since the 2 line pass.

i think just about every team got dicked around over that skate in the crease rule. glad they walked that one back. it might still exist in certain leagues and international tournaments though.

but with that being said, i'm not sure the reference to the sabres and skate in crease thing you speak of off the top of my head. they must have lost a big game over some real bullshit i take it. taking my first stab on google, i'm guessing it was the 1999 stanley cup finals dallas goal on the sabres with brett hulls skate in the crease? i vaguely remember that, but i don't.

The ONE thing that was good about the rule was how absolute it was. Is it in or out? No grey area. But yeah that was crazy season (maybe 2?).

He just wants the goal record and is done.

It's been a long year for him and he was so bad in the first half of the year. He pretty much sprinted in the second half just to get production that looked somewhat normal for him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy though, he's had such a long run

3041970.png

alright. nevermind.

Last edited:

how did brad marchand not win the most punchable face? poll is rigged!

He went through that streak early in the season. Right now it'd be Rempe.

We all think it's Marchand, but he's been around so long and been punched so many (while still not enough) times that it's just the norm now

Back