NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Definitely the latter two, but one of these motherfuckers on the ice have to wave their no-trade and get the fuck out. They're just a bunch of coddled kids playing for funzies. Shitty play by Samsonov notwithstanding, losing is just baked into these pieces of shit. Fuck 'em. Blow 'em up.
I'm pretty sure blowing them up is still considered a crime, but I'm good with it.

Sam had a good game, but he won't get you over the hump unless you have a stellar defense. Washington giving up on him after being such a high draft pick for a goalie should have been a red flag.

As strange as it sound, I think AM should be the one to go. The Leafs were playing better with him out of the lineup and I think they defer to him too much.

Honestly, Woll playing the whole series and one defensemen who can actually shoot the puck from the blue line wins the series. Sucks that Tavares can't be bought out, he was a liability this entire series. Not even mad, Boston were the better "playoff team" and Swayman is a legit top 5 goalie.

Bye bye Sheldon Keefe.

Has to go. First 4 games where just long lead pass attempts and useless cycles on the pp. Matthews gets hurt and they implements Van Ryn's 1-2-2 system that they used in St Louis and all of the sudden leafs play playoff hockey and their defense doesn't look like goofs all trying to be Q.Hughes.

Keefe isn't smart enough to be a head coach

Honestly, Woll playing the whole series and one defensemen who can actually shoot the puck from the blue line wins the series. Sucks that Tavares can't be bought out, he was a liability this entire series. Not even mad, Boston were the better "playoff team" and Swayman is a legit top 5 goalie.

Swayman kept them in this game

Has to go. First 4 games where just long lead pass attempts and useless cycles on the pp. Matthews gets hurt and they implements Van Ryn's 1-2-2 system that they used in St Louis and all of the sudden leafs play playoff hockey and their defense doesn't look like goofs all trying to be Q.Hughes.

Keefe isn't smart enough to be a head coach
And sticking with Samsonov all series

Very close competitive series. In O/T anything can happen, it just takes one good bounce and it did. Good luck to the Bruins tough matchup against Florida.

So it's been exactly 20 years now since the leafs won a playoff series? LOL

As much as my sharks were chokers, at least we made the finals and conference finals a bunch.

They won one last year, but that's the only one in 20 years.
Yeah I don't pay attention as much when fantasy season is over(which is when playoff start), but I just get to hear the whining every year lol

Very close competitive series. In O/T anything can happen, it just takes one good bounce and it did. Good luck to the Bruins tough matchup against Florida.
Good/lucky bounce sure but look at Pasta starting the play from Bruins zone. Marner comes from the bench with fresh legs with a stride or two headstart to Pasta. But he just glides around with no effort as Pasta goes past him easily. Reilly is not much better, both of em do nothing while Pasta goes towards Samsonov.

Good/lucky bounce sure but look at Pasta starting the play from Bruins zone. Marner comes from the bench with fresh legs with a stride or two headstart to Pasta. But he just glides around with no effort as Pasta goes past him easily. Reilly is not much better, both of em do nothing while Pasta goes towards Samsonov.

Yeah it did look like a set play, that they were aware of that kind of bounce off the boards considering that's their rink.

And yes Marner didn't take/check his man in that one. Perhaps fitting for Marner, probably the last game he plays for the Leafs.

Yeah it did look like a set play, that they were aware of that kind of bounce off the boards considering that's their rink.

And yes Marner didn't take/check his man in that one. Perhaps fitting for Marner, probably the last game he plays for the Leafs.
Question is who would take his contract?
Couple guys who play in same position and roughly same age. Rantanen paid 2m less, Pasta paid 300k more, Kucherov paid 1.5m less (3 years older), Tkachuk 1.5m less.
Even if Marner was paid same amount as those guys, would have any of them over Marner.

Good/lucky bounce sure
It wasn't even that. Samsonov just froze. He had all day to simply just poke the puck away from the incoming shit storm, and he just stood there all bewildered and watched a slow pass from the boards not even five away from him get through.

Doesn't really matter, though. If that didn't go in, it would've been some other bullshit. This team is trash.

It wasn't even that. Samsonov just froze. He had all day to simply just poke the puck away from the incoming shit storm, and he just stood there all bewildered and watched a slow pass from the boards not even five away from him get through.

Doesn't really matter, though. If that didn't go in, it would've been some other bullshit. This team is trash.
Yeah Samsonov, Reilly and Marner all could have done more.

Ohh well both teams probably lose to Panthers anyway

Question is who would take his contract?
Couple guys who play in same position and roughly same age. Rantanen paid 2m less, Pasta paid 300k more, Kucherov paid 1.5m less (3 years older), Tkachuk 1.5m less.
Even if Marner was paid same amount as those guys, would have any of them over Marner.
Lots of teams would take his contract, but they either couldn't give the Leafs something equitable in the trade, or the wouldn't want to play there.

Utah could use a guy like him to market around, but there is almost zero chance he would accept a trade there. I read that he likes the Toronto spotlight.

Maybe he would ok a trade to Anaheim or Chicago. I doubt Toronto would want to keep him in the East. I saw on another site someone said the Isle for Dobson, but I would laugh that off if I were the Islanders.

The Leafs fucked themselves by giving everyone and their sister a no trade clause.

Back