NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Sounds like Skinner is starting. Dallas vs Vancouver west final incoming lol

I read that he might start this morning. Not sure why. Maybe Pickard pulled something. Canucks also could've scored on Pickard a couple more times than they did last game (hit at least one post and a crossbar) although I still thought he played well.

If Pickard isn't injured it's a bit weird to take a guy who was struggling mentally and put him into an elimination game after missing 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: PND
If Pickard isn't injured it's a bit weird to take a guy who was struggling mentally and put him into an elimination game after missing 2.

goalies are extremely psychological and thats gotta sting enough for skinner to get yanked for 2 + 1/3'rd games when he wasnt injured. thats a huge blow to their confidence. the coach dont trust them enough to make the clutch saves and keep the team in the game.

hoping that we chase him by the end of the 2nd again. though i dont think the crowd will be serenading him with chants of "skinner!"

Lol at starting Skinner. Oilers should just move to Wichita or something and get a fresh start on the organization.

i'm not saying there are signs but there are signs....

Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers Game 6 – 8:00 PM EST
REFEREES
Garrett Rank #7Jean Hebert #15

the same duo who called the game 6 1-0 series clincher between nashville and vancouver

so glad its not sutherland and furlatt or those other jackasses from game 4 and 5.

i'm not saying there are signs but there are signs....

Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers Game 6 – 8:00 PM EST
REFEREES
Garrett Rank #7Jean Hebert #15

the same duo who called the game 6 1-0 series clincher between nashville and vancouver

so glad its not sutherland and furlatt or those other jackasses from game 4 and 5.

I’m sure you will find a excuse if the Canuck’s lose tonight

• Haha
Reactions: PND
I’m sure you will find a excuse if the Canuck’s lose tonight

i'll just borrow some from oilers fans.

we didn't have mcdavid. that was a good one. i like it. we didn't have mcdavid in any of the 7 games that we spanked edmonton this year. if somehow we lose this one, it will probably be because we didn't have mcdavid.

or perhaps we didn't dive around the ice and cry to the refs enough. that's gotta be it too. gotta embelish those nutshots and slashes to the busted up face a little better i guess. aww hell with any luck maybe a stationary player won't get penalized for charging this time and the commentators won't remind us again that they have never seen a call like that in all of their years in hockey and they don't understand it.

despite all of this bullshit that has gone on throughout this series, we will still overcome. no excuses needed my friend. save that for mcdiver and crysaitl. canucks will win with class.

Last edited:
Today's co-main went pretty good with Usyk winning. Now hopefully the Oilers can play... much better than the last game.

That was a really pointless penalty by Draisaitl.

2arl.gif

I don't even feel that good when the Oilers score first any more. I just figure Vancouver will tie it, which they did.

Oilers have scored 1st in 5/6 games. They're 1-3 when they score first. Canucks are 0-1.

Man. McDavid is not captain material.

I was watching some of the Stars-Avalanche series and I was more impressed with Mackinnon than I've seen from McDavid recently. Maybe I just saw when he was playing well. Or maybe it's the Vancouver D.

I was watching some of the Stars-Avalanche series and I was more impressed with Mackinnon than I've seen from McDavid recently. Maybe I just saw when he was playing well. Or maybe it's the Vancouver D.
MacKinnon definitely turns it up a notch in the playoffs, although you'll still see similar play from him throughout the regular season. We get a little too caught up in pucks going in and assists being tallied rather than just absorbing the play on the ice. I have more fun watching MacKinnon than anybody else. He has a different kind of aggression that you just don't see.

I feel like McDavid goes completely missing in the playoffs in a couple of games every series. Maybe it's just me, but my takeaway from McDavid never reaching the finals (besides awful goaltending) is his lack of intensity come playoff time. You never really see him turn it up a notch, but maybe he's just always consistently playing to his full potential.

MacKinnon definitely turns it up a notch in the playoffs, although you'll still see similar play from him throughout the regular season. We get a little too caught up in pucks going in and assists being tallied rather than just absorbing the play on the ice. I have more fun watching MacKinnon than anybody else. He has a different kind of aggression that you just don't see.

I feel like McDavid goes completely missing in the playoffs in a couple of games every series. Maybe it's just me, but my takeaway from McDavid never reaching the finals (besides awful goaltending) is his lack of intensity come playoff time. You never really see him turn it up a notch, but maybe he's just always consistently playing to his full potential.
I agree with you about McDavid to an extent. He does have 93 points in 59 career playoff games. That’s over a point and a half a game.

In the last three playoffs he has 71 points in 38 playoff games. Just under 1.9 points per game.

i'll just borrow some from oilers fans.

we didn't have mcdavid. that was a good one. i like it. we didn't have mcdavid in any of the 7 games that we spanked edmonton this year. if somehow we lose this one, it will probably be because we didn't have mcdavid.

or perhaps we didn't dive around the ice and cry to the refs enough. that's gotta be it too. gotta embelish those nutshots and slashes to the busted up face a little better i guess. aww hell with any luck maybe a stationary player won't get penalized for charging this time and the commentators won't remind us again that they have never seen a call like that in all of their years in hockey and they don't understand it.

despite all of this bullshit that has gone on throughout this series, we will still overcome. no excuses needed my friend. save that for mcdiver and crysaitl. canucks will win with class.
Canucks will win with class. Also, canucks will destroy their city if they lose. Stay classy Canuck fans

As far as I'm concerned the game is tied. 1 or even 2 goal leads just haven't meant much this series.

Edmonton power play went from best over to below average really fast. Commentators here are saying they think McDavid could be playing with an injury.

Back