Nicco Montaño— is this the shortest title reign without even attempting a defense?

You ever heard of GDR?? Or however those initials go in order who cares lol Nicco basically failed the weightcut and either got stripped or vacated the belt. GDR straight up vacated the belt so she didn't have to fight Cyborg....even though she knew thats who was next in line. Nicco signed up for the ultimate fighter with winner getting a championship

that why WMMA should stay in Invicta

Actually GSP's "MW title" was shorter than GDR's.

Kudos for Holly for taking on Cyborg like a real competitor should though.

Shame on that other guy.

Actually GSP's "MW title" was shorter than GDR's.

Kudos for Holly for taking on Cyborg like a real competitor should though.

Shame on that other guy.

Holly gave Cyborg her toughest fight to date, too.

And "that other guy". YOU THERE!!! I SEE WHAT YOU DID.....and stuff. <Moves>

Holly gave Cyborg her toughest fight to date, too.

And "that other guy". YOU THERE!!! I SEE WHAT YOU DID.....and stuff. <Moves>

Yeah, that other guy. Who is he again? I'm bad with names and faces.

She won the title December 1st, 2017 and got stripped 9 months later. She didn’t even attempt a title defense. Pretty weak on her part.

Is there a shorter title reign with no attempted title defense?
She fought wars on twitter.

Isnt she in the hospital? Why is she even getting stripped? She was gonna lose and i dont care at all but ufc is a shitshow no consistency.. you strip ur champ after they get hospitalized cutting weight.
This is like the 3rd time she's pulled out of this fight, and every time there's a convenient excuse. At some point a no-defense champ who's also a no-show champ will become an ex-champ and the division can move on.

Especially in a case like this where it's pretty obvious that the "champ" isn't close to the best fighter in the division. Valentina was like -1000 to win or something. I don't think there's ever been more lopsided odds where a title challenger was favored over the champ by so much

I think the UFC knows something we don't. For instance, how much did Nicco weigh when her kidneys shut down during her weight cut? 135? 130? Was she very clearly going to come in overweight regardless of medical condition? Did she make weight but wasn't in any shape to fight? The context is everything. Changes it from a victim of unforseen circumstance to a victim of your own unprofessionalism. The first would be a tragedy, the second happens all the damned time.

So has the UFC finally learned that they should never give a belt to the winner of TUF?

Hey the Divisions need to move on. They shouldn't let the Rankings and Belt be subject to ongoing BS.

Stop with Belt-Squatting.

giphy.gif

mcgregor, 0 defenses - 511 days
nicco, 0 defenses - 280 days
gdr, 0 defenses - 128 days
gsp, 0 defenses - 33 days

<GSPWoah>
Technically GSP wasn't stripped. He relinquished it.

So has the UFC finally learned that they should never give a belt to the winner of TUF?

I don't think it's fair to blame it on that right off the bat. It's not like it didn't work out fairly well for the Strawweight one. I mean, if they would have just given the title to someone, it would have been Esparza anyways since she was the champion they would have been bringing over. I'd certainly say that the other woman who made it to the finals is doing pretty well for herself now lol.

Back