Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why wait til December when you can strip her now?

A champ who pulls out week of the fight should be automatically stripped. You sign the contract to defend, you can't defend, ergo you're not the champ any more.

The aggregate opinions of Sherdog are generally idiotic.

All of a sudden people that never met her or have any idea KNOW exactly how she was feeling & this was her plan all along
lol

This half ruins the card for me. I hope Nico is ok but this is too much.

At least give Val an interim fight or hand her the belt...

There are four fights at 170 on this card. This is the first time i know of the ufc paid a fighter to be on standby for a replacement. Kamaru Usman could have replaced any of those eight fighters. The one fighter that needs replaced is a 125 lb female. LMAO. You cant make this shit up.

... the UFC should strip her. If she schedules a fight before December 1, but the fight occurs after December 1 and eventually falls through ... the UFC should strip her. No more of this BS. She won the title on December 1, 2017, and still nothing. Now is the perfect time for the UFC to promulgate a policy that identifies the standards for being called champion.

I think Ariel has already presented this idea and I fully support it. Explained differently:

-If you are champion, you have ONE YEAR since your last title fight (in that division) to schedule a title defense. If the deadline passes and you have not scheduled a defense, you are AUTOMATICALLY stripped. Your reasons/excuses why don't matter. I was sick/I was injured/I missed weight/I moved up for a superfight/I made millions fighting Floyd Mayweather. None of those reasons matter because you had one fucking year to get a defense scheduled. If you pursued other interests, fine. But you are not authorized to hold up a division and screw over worthy contenders.

-If you meet the deadline but the defense is scheduled more than a year after the previous title fight (in that division) and the fight doesn't happen, you are AUTOMATICALLY stripped as soon as the fight is cancelled. Again, reasons/excuses don't matter because you had an entire year.

-UFC, while you're at it, formally codify the Germaine de Randamie rule. Namely, if you show bad faith in refusing to defend the title, you are stripped at the discretion of the UFC.

One final message to the UFC: You are a multi-billion dollar company. Stop taking this shit. Strip your champions if they don't adhere to hard-and-fast rules. Someone else will be happy for the opportunity to become champion. And the show will go on. Enough with this lack of professionalism from your top fighters.

I really like your ideas but I'm almost certain they won't be implemented. Aside from the actual fight night, MMA still feels like a back alley sport.

December?

tumblr_nhmpufVVpN1t553g0o1_500.gif

It's too late for that bro, she needs to be stripped right away.

I always defend Nicco but if you can't even fucking make weight in your 1st title defense without going to the doctor, get the fuck off the belt.

They should strip her and find a last minute replacement to fight Val

Yes but I'm kind of hoping they let her keep it and make an interim belt just to see the general reaction.

<21>

She should be allowed to hang onto the title for nearly two years before being stripped while more worthy fighters actually compete.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to wait until we hear what the report from the hospital says first before I accuse anyone of premeditating ducking and advocate stripping the belt.

Strip her belt and cut her. She kept draging this fight on now this.

People were hating on Valentina but she predicted this she said it Nicco will pull out last minute to avoid me and she did lol

Back